What is "too skinny" (pics)

Options

Replies

• jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    All of your sample women have wildly different body types than I do (and the typical woman). These ladies mostly have long torsos, slim hips when many of us are pears and carry more weight below the waist. Depending on your body shape, too skinny can look wildly different. People with straighter shapes can usually be very lean with out appearing too skinny. But your typical pear shape often gets too skinny up top far before her hips and thighs are slim. An apple shape has the polar opposite problem.
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    2, 3 & 4 look fabulous. After that I think its too skinny.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Can I add something?

I've noticed a lot of you are commenting on which body you'd wish to have and that you can only dream.. It is possible ladies and if you stick to it then you can get there.

Who knows these girls could have been over 200/300lbs in the past (I know they're young so maybe not these exact people) but it has been done before!

Bigger girls then all of you have become smaller.. Don't dismiss something because you think it's only a dream.

I know if you all really really want it and set your mind to it you can all have a body you've always wanted and deserved :)
  • Whatamilike
    Options

Oh and I'm definitely not claiming to be excluded from this generalized group of women who judge. I've become even more judgmental since I lost weight. I think previously it was "much bigger than me, bigger than me, my size, smaller than me, disgustingly small" whereas now I can probably guess a persons weight +/- 10 lbs because I'm so much more weight aware.

I don't think we're judging really - we're saying what we like to be/see. Judging would be making assumptions based on what we're seeing - e.g. that No 6 must be starving herself to be that thin - she may naturally like that. Don't be too hard on yourself here... it is natural for us to compare ourselves to others and it's not wrong so long as we're not making assumptions. :smile:
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    I think it depends on body types, I think 3 and 6 because I know my thighs would never be that skinny so I don't aim for that. But some girls are naturally skinny so may aim for that :)
  • feistyhorsegal
    feistyhorsegal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    but I get the don't lose anymore you'll be too skinny thing too, its soo annoying. You know your own body better than anyone.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    1,2 3, are good 4,5 are "too skinny" and 6 makes me want to cry
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Dont care about the women you posted, not interested in if they are 'too" skinny or fat. I am over constantly holding other women up for judgement on what may be a genetic body type and saying they fall short. Lets look at why people are saying this to you which is much more to the point.

First of all congrats on quitting smoking that is a huge accomplishment. You started off with a desire to not just lose weight but be healthy.
    I think somewhere down the track you have started losing track of the health part.
    Read your profile and took the time to go over your diary right back to the begining of Feb. Often you are netting below 1200. Some days have little going for them nutritionally. Maybe family and friends are picking up on your concerning low calorie lifestyle.

Eat more - lift heavy -ditch some of the processed foods. Start building up your lean muscle mass which you have been losing while on a low cal diet. Well done on meeting you goals and don't forget your healthy intentions along the way.
  • lk227
    lk227 Posts: 28
    Options
    My favorite is 2, however I think they all have nice bodies.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    None of them are fat. 1 is normal/curvy. 2 is the perfect figure. 3 to 5 skinny, 6 unhealthy skinny.
  • thefantasticmrsfox
    thefantasticmrsfox Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 1 but 2 and 5 would be fantastic. The rest look too skinny to me.
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    I find 4 and 6 to be very thin.
    5 is my favorite, I love her toned muscles!
  • TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Number 6 gets my vote!

Nothing tastes as good as feeling skinny...
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I think they are all beautiful except for number 6. She looks frail, and unhealthy. The other girls look very healthy including number 1. I'd love to just look like number 1. I'd be perfectly happy with that.
  • Akjenn89
    Akjenn89 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    3,5 and 6 all look "too skinny" for my preference. I honestly don't even dig #2 and 4 all that much either, but atleast it looks like they're healthy looking. I'd want to be somewhere skinnier than #1 and curvier than #2.
  • shikala
    shikala Posts: 9
    Options
    1 & 2 are ok...the others too skinny
  • taylor0911
    Options
    Number 2 would be my ideal body. In saying that, I think all the other bodies are beautiful except! for number 4. For me that just looks too skinny.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i'd hit 1 and 2 ;)
  • BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    Number 6 looks unhealthy :(

Number 1 and 2 are my favorites!
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    I think 2, 4 and 5 are beautiful and what I am aiming for. I think 3 is "too skinny" for my taste.
This discussion has been closed.