What is "too skinny" (pics)

Options

Replies

• Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Can I add something?

I've noticed a lot of you are commenting on which body you'd wish to have and that you can only dream.. It is possible ladies and if you stick to it then you can get there.

Who knows these girls could have been over 200/300lbs in the past (I know they're young so maybe not these exact people) but it has been done before!

Bigger girls then all of you have become smaller.. Don't dismiss something because you think it's only a dream.

I know if you all really really want it and set your mind to it you can all have a body you've always wanted and deserved :)

No, I cannot look like number 2 onwards while remaining remotely healthy.

I have been down to 16% bf, 5'7 and 125lbs, but the shape of my legs remains extremely bulky. I just have a lot of muscle mass - nothing will change that in a healthy way.

Please do not perpetuate an idea that all women can be 'skinny' like this. We can not, not while remaining healthy. Naturally lean girls can, sure, but I cannot. Please don't say things that might and DO make people feel like they are just being lazy, or not trying hard enough if they are not becoming 'skinny'.

I suddenly feel terrible about my body reading this thread, but I KNOW from experience of my own body that I cannot even dream to attain the #2 body.

ugh... feel so crappy now.

the most disturbing part is that i went to a pro-ana site to compare between that and the comments here and they are so similar, almost identical. the girls look just like the girls in these pics. i just feel sick. MFP...what the hell?
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    #2 is HOT

I think fit is 10x hotter than bony
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I think 2 looks the best, but personally I'd aim to be somewhere between 1 & 2. I quite curvy naturally, and like a slightly more hourglass shape. But as long as you're eating healthily and feeling happy in yourself, that's the most important thing, x
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Can I add something?

I've noticed a lot of you are commenting on which body you'd wish to have and that you can only dream.. It is possible ladies and if you stick to it then you can get there.

Who knows these girls could have been over 200/300lbs in the past (I know they're young so maybe not these exact people) but it has been done before!

Bigger girls then all of you have become smaller.. Don't dismiss something because you think it's only a dream.

I know if you all really really want it and set your mind to it you can all have a body you've always wanted and deserved :)

Quite, maybe it's not possible to look exactly like them (e.g. if you're taller or have bigger bone structure) but you're right, I think people can look JUST AS good. You wouldn't want to look exactly like those girls would you? Where is your individuality? You'll look good in your own way, bulky thighs, big arms or round bums included!

And 2 and 5 for me, think 5 would be my ideal - small but toned! 1 would be lovely but she's just a touch too curvy, 6 is waaay too small to look healthy and the rest don't look shapely enough. Just imo :)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Dont care about the women you posted, not interested in if they are 'too" skinny or fat. I am over constantly holding other women up for judgement on what may be a genetic body type and saying they fall short. Lets look at why people are saying this to you which is much more to the point.

First of all congrats on quitting smoking that is a huge accomplishment. You started off with a desire to not just lose weight but be healthy.
    I think somewhere down the track you have started losing track of the health part.
    Read your profile and took the time to go over your diary right back to the begining of Feb. Often you are netting below 1200. Some days have little going for them nutritionally. Maybe family and friends are picking up on your concerning low calorie lifestyle.

Eat more - lift heavy -ditch some of the processed foods. Start building up your lean muscle mass which you have been losing while on a low cal diet. Well done on meeting you goals and don't forget your healthy intentions along the way.

Exactly what I was thinking.,
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Just remember, those photos are REAL PEOPLE you're judging.

Would you like to see someone posting photos of you on a forum and asking if anyone thinks it's "too skinny" or "too fat"?

All I'm saying is, this forum isn't very nice.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Can I add something?

No, I cannot look like number 2 onwards while remaining remotely healthy.

I have been down to 16% bf, 5'7 and 125lbs, but the shape of my legs remains extremely bulky. I just have a lot of muscle mass - nothing will change that in a healthy way.

Please do not perpetuate an idea that all women can be 'skinny' like this. We can not, not while remaining healthy. Naturally lean girls can, sure, but I cannot. Please don't say things that might and DO make people feel like they are just being lazy, or not trying hard enough if they are not becoming 'skinny'.

I suddenly feel terrible about my body reading this thread, but I KNOW from experience of my own body that I cannot even dream to attain the #2 body.

ugh... feel so crappy now.

the most disturbing part is that i went to a pro-ana site to compare between that and the comments here and they are so similar, almost identical. the girls look just like the girls in these pics. i just feel sick. MFP...what the hell?

Excuse me, I'm trying to help motivate people here.. And yes it is possible.. Its not easy but everyone can work towards a body they are happy with.

And how can comments on here be reflecting things from pro ana websites when most people are saying they like 1 and 2.

Stop being so rude, I'm only asking a question to get a variation of opinions and I thought I'd add a nice comment to try and motivate people.. I'm not calling you lazy I'm just saying it is not impossible.

Nothing is.
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    1. For curvy.. 2 and 3 are perfect.. the rest are way to skinny.. :)
  • fishndad
    fishndad Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    # 2 definitely!
  • evesacks
    evesacks Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think 2-6 all all too skinny, and not realistic to maintain. I think 2 is perfect figure but photo shopped and not realistic to maintain.

For me 1 would be too heavy.

However I couldn't be 2-6 whatever I did (unless perhaps I starved myself and did no exercise).

My BMI is 20.5, and according to callipers in the gym my body fat is around 16%. But my legs would never be slim like that.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    last one, way too skinny
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Just remember, those photos are REAL PEOPLE you're judging.

Would you like to see someone posting photos of you on a forum and asking if anyone thinks it's "too skinny" or "too fat"?

All I'm saying is, this forum isn't very nice.

People have opinions, I'm asking for them.

I've been called "too skinny" doesn't mean it's true as I've also been called "too fat" within the same week.

I know these are real people which is why I picked them as most (except 2) are probably not photoshopped and are just girls.

I agree, some comments are a little harsh as a few people have said things like "they are all beautiful EXCEPT".. I think they are all stunning and some can do with losing a few pounds and some could do with gaining a few.. Same with every person you see walking down the street.
  • FlynnMacCallister
    FlynnMacCallister Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    "Too skinny" is when it starts negatively affecting your health. End of story. >_o
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I think they are all beautiful :) The last one is a little too thin for my own tastes, but only because to me she looks like she could be having health problems being that little :( maybe not! I have no way of knowing.

Also I thought your post with "can i add something" was harmless and trying to be motivating. I got it anyway(:
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    2 looks just right
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    "Too skinny" is when it starts negatively affecting your health. End of story. >_o

Yup! This is exactly my thought too :]
  • eberz1000
    eberz1000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    5 & 2-amazing!
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    1 through 3 are gorgeous.
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    My favorite is 5, with 2 and 3 as runners up. No, I do not at all consider and of them "too skinny". They are all perfectly valid body types.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    In my previous life I would have been very attracted to #1 (and still am) but I'm starting to shift to where I like 2 and 3, when I used to not like girls that skinny. Personal preference, I don't like to see bones so 3 4 5 and "too skinny" for *my* taste, but the only one that looks unhealthy skinny is #6.
This discussion has been closed.