What is "too skinny" (pics)

Options

Replies

• mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'm not kidding, I can not get that skinny. Please read the bit where I stated my height, weight, and body fat composition.

Do not tell me that I can get that skinny. Please don't tell others who may not know better that they can. It can have damaging effects.

I have been as slim as I can be, and even at that weight my periods became irregular because I had such a low body fat.

Oh and I just looked at your pics on your profile.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

This is my point.. You have a fantastic body already and your legs just don't stop.. When you say you "can't get that skinny" you are being blind because you are really not far from it.

I'm not trying to start an argument I'm saying you should actually realise how beautiful your body is before you brush off my motivational comments by saying "Do not tell me that I can get that skinny"

Have a little faith in yourself.. You could easily stand among these other girls and I guarantee that if i asked people who they'd prefer you'd be the fave :)
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It's all very subjective, and the descriptor "too" anything needs to be based on several factors...at least that's what I think, so this is just opinion. And you know what they say about opinions...

Firstly, I would check out one of those BMI charts to get an idea of where I'm supposed to be. That chart is put together with healthy weight in mind. At the same time, though, I wouldn't consider that chart gospel. Keep in mind that being thin doesn't mean you're in shape and healthy. You may be where you're supposed to be on the BMI chart, but can you run up a flight of steps without clutching your chest?

Secondly, I would take a look at my family to get an idea of what my genes have in mind for me. People forget that genes play a big role in how you look.

Third, while the opinions of others around you shouldn't carry too much weight (see what I did there) they shouldn't be completely discounted, either. The people around us who know and love us can sometimes, SOMETIMES, see us better than we can see ourselves.

Next, and most importantly, I think (so maybe this should be first) disregard the mags, tv shows, movies, entertainment news, etc. They'll only make you feel ugly. People tend to forget that the media uses lots of photoshopping, airbrushing, lighting, and paid personal trainers to get that "perfect look".

Finally, it comes down to you. Are you happy with what you see in the mirror?
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    #2, she looks slim but super toned. The rest look like they are not healthy BMIs
  • Sangirl
    Sangirl Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with you.
  • akiramezu
    akiramezu Posts: 278
    Options
    IM IN LOVE WITH NUMBER 4 OMGGGGGGGGG
    that's just my personal preference though (:
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The last four seem too skinny to me, but I guess it depends who you ask. The first two look great to me. I think a true woman has curves and some fat on her body. :) The first one...I think she looks great, but for me that's too heavy (I used to be about her size).
  • rockinsue285
    Options
    defo 1 OR 2, 1 is curvy but well toned, 2 is slim and flattering, the rest are just way too thin
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    just thought i'd say my opinion as i haven't mentioned it yet.. I think 1 is a little too big for my liking (she's about my starting size) 2 is lovely but not enough definition.. 3 and 6 are a little too small.. 5 has nice muscle definition and I think 4 is perfect and petite.. I'm quite surprised a lot of you think she's too skinny.

I'd imagine the last 4 girls are probably quite short as well though which I think makes people look smaller.. But hopefully they're all healthy.. I mean who knows.. 6 might have purposely slimmed down especially for that picture (maybe an anti-ana campain?)

Who knows :)
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    5 & 6 made me wince a little. 3 & 4 I would classify as really thin but some people are naturally really thin and healthy. I think if all these ladies are eating right and exercising then they are fine. I just worry about people with ribs showing that they have a body image problem and an eating disorder.
  • kochav5
    kochav5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    3-6 all too skinny
    somewhere between 1 and 2 is ideal
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    For myself I would like to be a 2....

All HEALTHY women are beautiful no matter what size... but if you aren't healthy looking anymore then that is when there is a problem. Some ppl are naturally thin...some naturally chubby....but if they are healthy and confident then they are beautiful.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Number 1 would be realistic for my body.
    If I can see bones sticking out, then I think that's "too skinny", so 4, 5, and 6 fall into that category.
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    1 and 2 give the appearance of glowing health.

5 is a little on the skinny size but has great muscle tone - she looks as if she had reduced her fat % for a bodybuilding comp - a wee bit too lean for everyday

The rest look very skinny, in some cases quite unhealthy
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    4 5 6 are too skinny... they don't look healthy!
  • betsygw
    betsygw Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in between 1 and 2:)
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I like the body in the 2nd picture best though I dont think any of them are skinny to the point of being unattractive. I wouldn't mind looking like any of those girls unless it was the first one.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    In my personal opinion1 looks the best for me - I think number 2 looks real good as well.

I think the rest are a little too thin. But it completely depends on the persons frame, how healthy they eat/exercise and overall good lifestyle.

But if I was to choose a body for my age, where I am in my life it would be number 1. I wish I looked that good in a swim suit - hats off to anyone who is confident and feels good.

Cheers to all
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    1 and 2, the rest are too skinny.

A:)
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I think #1 is curvy and sexy, but I am aspiring to look like #2, with a little more muscle. I think #6 looks unhealthy. There's a big difference between skinny and healthy and skinny and starving.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    The whole "bones sticking out" thing is weird to me. I have very wide hips and hip bones stick out like crazy. So do my collar bones. And when I stretch yup my ribs. I thought that was normal *shrugs*
This discussion has been closed.