What is "too skinny" (pics)

Options

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    1 is my favorite

some people are naturally really thin, but if you're not and that's what you're striving for (not you specifically) then that would be too skinny and hard to maintain. this is similar to a six pack on women, it's achievable but women's bodies are made for child bearing and it's harder for our abs to do that, specifically lower abs.
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    To me, number 1 looks like a real woman. Number 2 looks like the woman some of us would like to be but have to bear in mind she has the skin and muscle tone of a 20 year old. 3,4 and 5 are too thin, but in a kiddy kind of way - they remind me of a group teenagers with eating disorders that used to meet at my health club. Number 6 looks like a famine victim and it really riles me that this is a look which has been portrayed by the fashion industry as 'on trend', beacuse young people will be influenced as much by the look as they are by the clothes.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Personally I think 1 looks fat, 6 looks too skinny, 2 and 5 looks good and more what I'd like and 3 and 4 seem like average thin girls.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Personally, 1 is heavier than I would prefer for myself, 6 almost looks anorexic and 2 and 5 are my personal favorites.
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    As much as I like 2 she isn't 100% real. Therefore she automatically represents the ideal body that you can only achieve with photoshop. I would love to look like her but why strive for the unachievable? Honestly I'll be happy with number 1 but maybe a bit more toned.

As for to skinny, when you start having health issues your too skinny. These girls are a bit thin, and the last one looks border line unhealthy buy fit all I know they all are fairly fit and healthy. But then again they all could be starving or bNp on.a regular basis.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I think 1 and 2 are both beautiful and healthy. The others all look great as well, but some are the shape I would never prefer to have.
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hi no 2 pic looks great not to skinny but healthy x
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'd pick 2. None after that, they seem too skinny in my particular view. 1 is lovely as well though. I would be happy with that myself.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Not for anything, but I think this post is totally useless. What is the point? Why do we need to gauge what is or isn't too skinny? Get to whatever weight you want, for yourself, and be happy there. Screw what others think.
  • LeanMeanFitnessMachine
    Options
    Personally, I think 3,4, and 6 are too skinny - there's no muscle tone either, so it just looks plain unhealthy. I am striving to be like 2 or 5. :-)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    All but no. 1 is too skinny to me. I wouldn't mind looking like the first.
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    If I can see bone, then I think people are too skinny.
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    4 5 6 too skinny - can see bones! yuck
    #1 is the most beautiful! a really good depiction of a woman! absolutely gorgeous
  • alicia_louise29
    Options
    I would like to look like 2 or 5 :) the last one is way too skinny, not attractive one bit x
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    6 is too skinny. I don't think people's ribs ribs should show. 3 and 4 better not lose any more.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You really do look great !!
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    The whole "bones sticking out" thing is weird to me. I have very wide hips and hip bones stick out like crazy. So do my collar bones. And when I stretch yup my ribs. I thought that was normal *shrugs*

Yup same.. Makes me feel self concious when I'm on certain machines at the gym that emphasis certain things sticking out.. People stare at me and its not nice :(
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The first one is absolutely gorgeous. They can have the rest.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I think #2 is the best --- that is what I would like to be. However, there is no way I want to look like #3, 4 & 6. Too skinny in my opinion and I don't think it would suit my shape.

This.
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1-2-3 are good looking, 4-5-6: too skinny, especially the 6th! You can see the ribs!
This discussion has been closed.