What is "too skinny" (pics)

Options

Replies

• andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'd say 3 and 6 are a bit too skinny. But some girls do have smaller frames and small people are naturally skinny. All of them are beautiful though.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    The last one looks too thin and unhealthy. She's thin without definition. A few of the others need some muscle, but don't look too skinny to me.

I'd like to add that sometimes when your abs start to show, people mistake them for ribs. My GF blasted me one day for that....but she was not seeing ribs at all. She was seeing my obliques and intercostals. :smile:
  • KBside
    KBside Posts: 45
    Options
    I personally think 1 is beautiful. Healthy looking! I think it is yucky when you can see the hips bones poking out, just not healthy looking at all. Too skinny.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Not for anything, but I think this post is totally useless. What is the point? Why do we need to gauge what is or isn't too skinny? Get to whatever weight you want, for yourself, and be happy there. Screw what others think.

***agreed
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I personally think 1 is beautiful. Healthy looking! I think it is yucky when you can see the hips bones poking out, just not healthy looking at all. Too skinny.

My hip bones stick out quite a bit....

I have wide hips. Im built that way. They even rub my jeans too hard sometimes and make me hurt xD
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think the whole "no bones should ever stick out" is BS. I have bigger ribs and very visible collar bones I'm 134 pounds at 5'7 and they show more than other bodies might at the same weight. I can't help that they show more. People need to stop being rude to those whose bones tend to stick out more than others.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    The whole "bones sticking out" thing is weird to me. I have very wide hips and hip bones stick out like crazy. So do my collar bones. And when I stretch yup my ribs. I thought that was normal *shrugs*

Yup same.. Makes me feel self concious when I'm on certain machines at the gym that emphasis certain things sticking out.. People stare at me and its not nice :(

same here, at least my hips and collar bone for sure, at any size and lower weight was rib cage, too.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Not for anything, but I think this post is totally useless. What is the point? Why do we need to gauge what is or isn't too skinny? Get to whatever weight you want, for yourself, and be happy there. Screw what others think.

***agreed

I want to get a general opinion on what is "too skinny" so that I know I'm not deluded when I say I still have a lot more to lose.. I am no where near close to the girls people have said are "too skinny" so I know when people call me that I can tell them to shush with confidence.

Oh and KBside.. Please don't refer to sticking out hip bones as yucky.. Mine do and it doesn't automatically makes someone unhealthy.. It just happens to be that I've lost a lot of weight over them and they are pretty wide so will be the first thing to stick out.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    "Too skinny" is merely when you're below 10% body fat (as a woman) and your weight is now threatening your overall health. FYI, you can't always tell that by whether or not bones are sticking out anywhere. My boyfriend is naturally very thin (he's a workaholic and often doesn't remember meals--I do my best to remind him). You can see his ribs and hip bones. His BMI is in the NORMAL range, and no, he's not very muscular, so it's not a fluke. He is healthy.

Otherwise, it's personal preference. What do you WANT to be? As long as you're healthy, who cares?

All of those women are beautiful. I would love to look like any of them.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I think the whole "no bones should ever stick out" is BS. I have bigger ribs and very visible collar bones I'm 134 pounds at 5'7 and they show more than other bodies might at the same weight. I can't help that they show more. People need to stop being rude to those whose bones tend to stick out more than others.

agreed, but then you have to look at who is saying these things, too. I tend to think people just don't understand that which they know nothing about. One wouldn't look at us and assume we eat 6 times a day, they probably "assume" we eat once a day, if that...
  • aleexFIT
    aleexFIT Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I think 4 and 6 look too skinny. To me 5 doesn't look as bad as 4, seems more athletic. The "nicest" to me to is 2.

I have been struggling with this recently too. My collarbone and ribs do stick out like crazy but I still have a bit of a belly that I need to tone and I still weigh 134lbs (completely healthy for 5'7). But it's been causing people to tell me I need to stop and I am "taking things too far", it's so irritating.
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th are all "too skinny" as far as i can see, although at least 5 looks like she works out a lot. Number 1 is on the large side, number 2 is perfect x
    Options

agreed, but then you have to look at who is saying these things, too. I tend to think people just don't understand that which they know nothing about. One wouldn't look at us and assume we eat 6 times a day, they probably "assume" we eat once a day, if that...

Just had a 745 calorie breakfast. woo!

My roomie is 105 pounds and taller than me but you cant see her hip bones. Im 15 pounds heavier and mine are easily seen.
  • Richardson62617
    Richardson62617 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have to agree pictures one and two are perfect the rest are to skinny
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 :) I think the rest are too skinny.

I agree.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    #2 is my idea of where about's I'd like myself but I'll probably never get there, I'm about where #1 is now. I think 6 looks sick and not very healthy at all. This is of course my own personal opinion. I would not want to look like that. I think #5 is beautiful and has great muscle tone. #4 reminds me of a friend, beautiful but almost to thin. I think #3 is beautiful and I wouldn't mind that shape either but again I doubt I'd ever see it.
    Options
    I think 1 is probably over weight. To me she doesn't look healthy. I am sure her body fat % is in the overweight range though :(
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    I'm skinny and proud, healthy, fit and toned. Haters don't bother me. To each his own, I say.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I think 1 is probably over weight. To me she doesn't look healthy. I am sure her body fat % is in the overweight range though :(

Was waiting for someone to go there. And I agree.
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Actually after looking closer, 5 doesn't look too bad. Still skinner than i personally would wish to be, but she doesn't look unhealthy x
This discussion has been closed.