What is "too skinny" (pics)

Options

Replies

• dgbiggz
    dgbiggz Posts: 25
    Options
    All but the first one look too skinny to me, but that's just me. :flowerforyou:
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    they're all hot
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    I find it interesting that many women posting on this thread immediately compare themselves to these photos. I don't think the OP had that in mind, because as many of you state as well, we are all built differently and the "right" weight and the "right" figure don't come in a "one size fits all" package.

Nevertheless, fascinatinig to read the comments.This sort of thing kind of gets into people's heads when it really shouldn't.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I cant see the pic,
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I find it interesting that many women posting on this thread immediately compare themselves to these photos. I don't think the OP had that in mind, because as many of you state as well, we are all built differently and the "right" weight and the "right" figure don't come in a "one size fits all" package.

Nevertheless, fascinatinig to read the comments.This sort of thing kind of gets into people's heads when it really shouldn't.

This is true, I simply picked these because they are probably close-ish to my age (I'm 20) and have a similiar straight up and down shape to them (again similar to myself)

I find it interesting that people automatically compare themselves.. Yet some others slate us all for judging :noway:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    4 and 6 could use a cheeseburger. 1 looks great, but could lose a few pounds. 2 and 5 look pretty much perfect.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I think there's a huge stigma on anyone who is trying to lose weight or be more fit. Someone is always going to be there to tell you not to. Seeing someone go from being very heavy to not heavy can be a shock and others may not know how to process it. What's important is that you're eating enough (at least 1200) calories and so long as you aren't pushing your body to be what it's not.

When I tell people I want to lose 150lbs they freak out and tell me all I need to lose is like 30 or 40, either they are trying to be nice, or they're delusional, no one knows your body better than you do. Keep up the good work.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options

I think it's natural for most women to compare themselves to others. Especially when you are losing weight and have goals. It's nice to see a picture of someone fit, and say "that is what I want to look like".
  • GrokOn
    GrokOn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    1,2,and 5 are perfect. one being on the bigger side of perfect and 5 on the low end 2 is perfection she is toned and has enough fat not to be too cut. The others are too skinny IMO.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, the first two are STUNNING!!! Really, gorgeous!

The last 4 i think are too skinny, but that's just my personal opinion...
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a body that looks like 1 or 2.
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Numbers 4, 5, 6 are too skinny, not healthy looking at all!
  • renkath
    renkath Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Has no one pointed out that #4 looks like a 10 year old or that #5 has a freakishly small ribcage for a human?
  • TheLastBeginning
    TheLastBeginning Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    #3 and #4 are what I intend on looking like. Not because they are super stick skinny but because that is my body shape. #2 and #5 would be awesome but I don't have the boobs. :(
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I think # 5 and 6 are too skinny and #2 is the ideal perfect body but 1 doesn't look bad she is average
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

I think it's natural for most women to compare themselves to others. Especially when you are losing weight and have goals. It's nice to see a picture of someone fit, and say "that is what I want to look like".

Agreed! It is possibly just a woman thing, but I think it's pretty normal. I really like to find people who have similar body shapes to mine to get an idea of what will look good on me so I can set my goal and go for it.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I will just say that I consider ribs and hipbones jutting out to be an indication of someone being underweight, aka too thin.
    I have seen naturally very thin people, but they don't tend to have ribs and hipbones jutting out like number 6. Not in my experience anyway. I would say 'too skinny' is when someone is forcing their body below it's healthy weight to a point it is endangering their health.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    stick.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    1, 2, & 3 are okay. Though, I personally want to be somewhere around 2.

4, 5, & 6 seem to be a little too thin in my opinion. Especially, 6.

But some people are naturally framed small and so these shapes might be acceptable for them. I'm a larger framed person so at those sizes I would appear almost skeletal. I'll be super happy when I get to 1!
This discussion has been closed.