Why don't I get hit on?

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
This is a semi-joke and semi-serious.

I'm working on my self-esteem, which has always been crappy but is improving.

The thing is, here on MFP I am quite fortunate that I have lots and lots of very supportive friends who give fabulous compliments.

They say that I am attractive, but in real life...

no one looks my way.

Is it just me, or is that odd? I mean, even taking into account the fact that I am probably more photogenic than actually good looking, it still seems a bit odd that no one EVER looks at me in real life if I'm considered, at least on here, to be not bad looking.

It just doesn't make sense.

Thoughts?

ETA - I was *not* fishing for compliments. I was simply curious. Also, I don't really want to be picked up, just noticed.

Replies

• SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Dont know why it is for you .....your absolutely stunning Maybe guys are intimidated

Ive wondered this for myself tho......Guys never approach me in RL :ohwell:
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Boys can be shy.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid you're going to hit me over the head with a big club and carry me off to the cave.
    2193703_6366.jpg

j/k. I think people do look at you, you just don't notice.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    yeah I don't get hit on in rl either so unfortunately have no insight.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Dont know why it is for you .....your absolutely stunning Maybe guys are intimidated

I am totally agreeing with this. I get hit on all the time here, but not so much in real life. I also have 2 small children that are with me ALOT. They probably are secretly crushing you and are just afraid to say anything. You are beautiful, Cory and don't allow ANYONE to tell you different!!!!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I would be willing to put money on it that you do get looked at and noticed - frequently but you are just not noticing it.

Add to that, some guys are shy and may not be comfortable approaching you as you are an attractive woman.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

ditto

ETA:no guys hitting on me either
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options

Sorry I came here to see what the answer is since I don't ever nor have ever been hit on in real life.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I bet you don't notice it when they do. Most guys don't feel the need to club you over the head and drag you off as their method of expressing interest. Makes it harder to notice them when they're subtle like that...:laugh:
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

This ^^^

I'd probably be intimidated ;)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I love hitting on people.. got my equalizer in my handlebars just for that purpose....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know. I got hit on waaaay more often before I started this. Now that I am improving my body, I can't get anyone to look my way. I don't get it. I've begun developing this paranoia that my age is catching up to me.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Keep working on your self esteem. I'm not even your friend and I can feel your lack of it in every post. That's not to say I don't need lots of work on my own self esteem, it's just an honest observation.
  • CoryIda
    Options

Have you looked in the mirror, Shan? You're stunning!

And for the record, it's not that I want to be picked up or anything - I'm just going through a divorce - but it does seem odd that I don't get looked at or anything.
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Do you actually want to be hit on?

ETA: Ha! I was right. Just 1/2 second too late:)
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful, I bet they're just scared!
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    i've always wondered this about myself. as much as i want to change about myself, i think i look pretty good when i decide to dress up and go out. i always figure it's cause im with my boyfriend but there's been a few times where i've been out alone or with girlfriends or when i'm going to the bathroom or waiting somewhere alone...and i still get nothing! >=(
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Do you actually want to be hit on?
    I think I'd just like to be noticed, really.
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Men look for the easy prey. You may intimidate them in some way. And by the way... they look... you just don't see them doing it.

Sweetie you are gorgeous.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Have you looked in the mirror, Shan? You're stunning!

And for the record, it's not that I want to be picked up or anything - I'm just going through a divorce - but it does seem odd that I don't get looked at or anything.

How you doin'? :laugh: