Why don't I get hit on?

Options

Replies

• JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Attitude is EVERYTHING! Confidence IS sexy. Be open and inviting ...
    I can tell a difference when I go out. If I feel good, and know I look good, I get approached and apparently hit on (I usually don't notice it. The Mr. or my friends have to point it out to me. I usually don't believe them until they quote the guy..). If I'm not feeling my best, I can tell. I close myself off and my demeanor changes. Pay attention to your body language, see how that affects things.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Note to guys: stop being little b*tches, and talk to hot chicks! If you're scared, you'll get worse than shot down, b/c you didn't even take the chance!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^Bingo. The guys that get chicks just simply talk to them. LOL.

Or forever gets the CREEP label welded to their forehead.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    You don't get hit on because you waste your time asking questions like "Why don't I get hit on?"

Stop wondering....be you....be confident......and "Poof!!"

You'll get hit on.

Confidence is sexy! Xoxoxo
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Note to guys: stop being little b*tches, and talk to hot chicks! If you're scared, you'll get worse than shot down, b/c you didn't even take the chance!!!!

txs takin mental notes
  • GOT2GETSLIM
    GOT2GETSLIM Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's all in attitude I think! When I am happy, open, smiling, etc I get hit on all the time but when I am in an angry mood I definately give off this 'don't mess with me' vibe and everyone leaves me alone.

I 100% agree! It's all in your attitude and the vibes you put out there. It's not about how you look. It's the confidence and the approachability you project. Think happy sexy thoughts, think how wonderful you are and that you are a creature like no other, walk tall and with your head held up high. Before you know it guys will be running to catch up to you and ask you out or tell you how attractive you are. Make sure you are not wearing any rings on your left hand that could be mistaken for wedding ring.

Now if that doesn't work read the book Super Flirt. It's about reading body language and sending the right signals.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

Do you know this from experience?
  • rbjcksn
    rbjcksn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Silly American men! I'm sure there are quite a few shy men out there who just haven't had the guts to ask you.
  • CoryIda
    Options
    Silly American men! I'm sure there are quite a few shy men out there who just haven't had the guts to ask you.
    Dang it - England is cold, too!
  • ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have no idea because you're gorgeous and I totally look up to you (saw your post in the lifting thread). If it makes you feel any better I've never been hit on in my life!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Probably you just don't recognize when you're being checked out.

I'm not as pretty as you and I'm constantly being hit on... I think you just need to learn to recognize it when it happens!!!

Edited to Add: Mainly I get hit on by old men who are just teasing me but still...
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Do you know this from experience?

Umm, hmm...I don't know. It's been some time since I've had to approach women for the purpose of romance. But I'll chit chat with people at the gym if they seem approachable.

I see females here get paranoid about men approaching them for anything so I just assume they mentally do this if they feel unformatable about a man talking to them.
  • Tybalt71
    Options
    If you nice ladies would just stop playin games and busting lines on us men, perhaps we would all get along-Ty
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    You don't get hit on because you waste your time asking questions like "Why don't I get hit on?"

This might be a bit harsh and maybe not that helpful. She said she was working on her self esteem.
  • CoryIda
    Options

This might be a bit harsh and maybe not that helpful. She said she was working on her self esteem.
    I'm not easily offended - unless you say something mean about my ugly tummy skin - otherwise, you can be as harsh as you want.
  • Fockertots
    Fockertots Posts: 221
    Options
    This is probably going to sound really conceited, but I get hit on pretty frequently. I don't think I'm a supermodel or anything, but I think it's because I carry myself with a lot of confidence, usually have a smile on my face, and I think men (and people in general) are drawn to that. Women often strike up conversations with me as well.

I had this friend who was SUPER cute, great figure, really good looking all around, but she almost NEVER got approached by men. Why? It was 100% her attitude. I kinda observed her once when I saw her at the store but she hadn't seen me yet, and I realized that she was just totally unapproachable even though she was very attractive. Her resting face said to me "I'm a b!tch, don't even try talking to me" and she just didn't carry herself in a way that made her open to a stranger talking to her.

Now, I'm NOT saying that's the situation with you, because obviously I don't know you in real life, but I think the way we carry ourselves and present ourselves in public is like 95% responsible for who approaches us and how often it happens. Strangely enough, once I stopped hanging out with that particular friend (turns out, she actually was a b!tch), I noticed SO much more attention from people in general. A man hitting on me, a woman complimenting my outfit, just like night and day, because I think her attitude rubbed off on me when we were friends.

This 100%. I actually had a conversation with guy friends about why I'm always just the friend and they told me it's because I have this way of seeming independent to the point of being unapproachable. They told me that my independence is extremely sexy to guys, but that once they think they should have broken through, and they haven't because I'm naive to their intentions, they think that I'm not interested and move on.... while I'm still sitting there talking my *kitten* off and having zero idea they were even interested in the first place. Ha ha. As well, I've been told that I have a GREAT way of putting off the "I'm not in a relationship (so talk to me) but I'm not single (so hands off)" vibe.... still not sure how that one works..
  • monala09
    monala09 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Same here. You are not alone..I never get hit on like my friends do. It makes me feel really awkward when guys always come up to them and never to me. I just think guys are really intimidated by me because I am so tall. But, yeah...point blank it sucks.
  • Tybalt71
    Options
    Wait what?
  • erinmariah
    Options
    I didn't bother reading any of the replies... but I can relate.
    The people who bother to spend actual time with me compliment me and lots of people online... but other than that I don't get noticed. I don't mind right now because I'm a flabby mess and don't want the attention.
  • DistilledVixen
    DistilledVixen Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Mabey you are giving off a "vibe" that you don't even notice....My personal experince is my "shyness" came off as "stuck up" beacuse I rarely made eye contact with people, and my "focused" face came off as my "angry" face, and I walked around like this for years without even the slighest idea I was giving off that impression. Now I try to walk around with a smile on my face beacuse A) You can't go wrong with a smile B) I have alot more to smile about these days. :):):):):):):)
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You may have to walk around in that pose to get looks. All kidding aside, men are different. And when you are at your worst looking, just ran to the store in your sweats you will get a compliment. And maybe they are looking but you have already passed them by. (do a turn around glance) No wrong in catchin them. :)