Why don't I get hit on?

Options

Replies

• Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Well, I had an experience that made me smile.

I was walking past a guy in the gym who was totally interested in his phone. He had just come in the door that I was about to leave through. I expected him to look up at me as I walked by but was disappointed when he didn't. (hey, im proud of my weight loss and I want to know people notice!)

In any case, I watched his reflection in the glass as I opened the door and TOTALLY saw him check me out, he completely turned around to look at me!

So, guys try to be sneaky about it but you *can* catch them sometimes :D Maybe you just aren't seeing it.

Yay!!! You go girl!!!!

To the OP: I don't get hit on either. I'm friendly, but not very flirty. And I'm also insecure.

One time I put a little too much Rum in my Coke, and I got a little too tipsy and a little too flirty with all the males around me. That's when I got hit on. I suggest the Rum/Coke approach. :)
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    to the OP...you said it yourself..."I don't really want to be picked up, just noticed."....you are being noticed..but not being 'picked up'...we get from others what we put out there ..mental vibes...

now say..."I wanna be picked up, you can notice me later!!" hehe...or "Notice I want to be picked up, and do that little eye thing you know you know how to do."
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'd hit on ya. And I don't play on that team. :love:

For a while, VH1 had a show called Tough Love, which was mostly really, really lame, but it was interesting in how they taught women dating and flirting skills they somehow missed out on growing up.

I can't flirt my way out of a paper bag. When I was single, I'd sometimes get hit on, but never by guys I was actually interested in unless I approached them first. I'm kind of shy, terrible with small talk, plus I think I gave off a "don't mess with me" vibe. If I'm not smiling, I look pissed. If I am smiling too much, I look vapid. Can't win!

In that regard, internet dating was PERFECT for me, because I could choose a photo where I looked friendly and approachable, and choose my words to showcase my quirky personality. After a few emails or phone calls, I had an idea if I had anything at all in common with the dude, so when we met, I didn't feel so shy. The ice was already broken, so I could get right on with being my *tosses hair* naturally charming self. :laugh:
  • AlixDuncan
    Options
    You're beautiful! And your hair colour is to DIE for! :D It could be that you just don't notice when they are checking you out....I mean they're good at hiding it! Or it could be that you're just TOO gorgeous......guys think you're out of their league :)
    As someone who spent the better part of their first 27 years (and I'm still 27 for a couple more weeks) being told she was ugly and unattractive, I find the "too gorgeous" thing a bit hard to believe, but thanks. lol

Well you should start believing it! :) I'm all about trying to make ladies see themselves the way others TRULY see them, as beautiful beautiful beautiful :)
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Every one tells me I'm good looking but in RL i dont get hit on..My friends keep telling me to lower my guard and to take the ( f**k off sign off my forehead):grumble: ... Sorry about my language:blushing: .. But you are beautiful!! :flowerforyou:
  • bonthomas85
    Options
    as my boyfriend said to me about his pulling days men are like lions they look for the weakest gazelle why would they waste their time and energy going for the fastest one?? we then had a little tiff about was he calling me a weak gazelle but hey thats another story!! hahaha
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's your location? No joke, and I know it sounds dumb. Im living in central california right now and never get hit one, but Im on vacation in Portland, Or (which is where I'm from) and have gotten hit on every where I went... Maybe the guys your around just don't appreciate your beauty like they should :wink:
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I can't remember the last time anyone hit on me. Then, I remembered....I DON'T GO OUT! Well, besides work and the gym!!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    MFP friends are the BEST, aren't they???

While looks alone may work for those who are off-the-wall gorgeous, I think for the rest of us, it is more about confidence. If you are confident and it shows, people are drawn to you. Your self esteem obviously fuels that confidence factor.

I agree with the others in that you are probably being noticed, but not noticing it. :wink:

While I notice that I get "looks" once in awhile, I'm never approached.

Won't someone please buy me a drink?! :sad:
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Question for the men here: Is flirting in a joking way the same as actually flirting? I think some women are not sure how to read that kind of flirting.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If a girl is fit, a guy is less likely to let her know he's staring.

You know, in case we get beat down ;)
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    They're just intimidated.
    Hahahaha-nice one -Ty
  • smoten
    smoten Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this post. i dont want to be hit on either "just noticed". No one looks at me EVER. I see men gawking at women all the time and nothing here!
    I think im just glad that others think this way! We all just want to be appreciated right?
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's your location? No joke, and I know it sounds dumb. Im living in central california right now and never get hit one, but Im on vacation in Portland, Or (which is where I'm from) and have gotten hit on every where I went... Maybe the guys your around just don't appreciate your beauty like they should :wink:
    That's it, I'm moving.

Clearly no Tucson men are attracted to tall leggy redheads. lol
  • Tybalt71
    Options
    That's it, I'm moving.

us Canadian boyz are-Ty
  • legmotor
    legmotor Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That's it, I'm moving.

If they aren't it is because they are DUMB! Move to the Midwest. ; )
  • CoryIda
    Options
    The midwest or canada - why can't it be somewhere WARM instead???
  • Tybalt71
    Options
    its warm here, my igloo is solar powered-Ty
  • CoryIda
    Options
    its warm here, my igloo is solar powered-Ty
    Bwahahaha!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Note to guys: stop being little b*tches, and talk to hot chicks! If you're scared, you'll get worse than shot down, b/c you didn't even take the chance!!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^Bingo. The guys that get chicks just simply talk to them. LOL.