Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• mruszaj
    mruszaj Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I wonder... would i be pear shaped ? Anybody with similar stats to me ?

Bust: 33.5 (32C)
    Waist:26
    Hips:34.5

Height: 5'2
    Weight: 117lbs
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options

I think since your bust is just an inch smaller than your hips, that you are an hourglass. :)
  • mruszaj
    mruszaj Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thanks for theinfo :) im still pretty bottom heavy tho !
  • Failbetter
    Failbetter Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is how I see it. I wear a bikini maybe 20 times a year and maybe don't rock iit, but I wear jeans ands skirts like 250 times a year and definitely rock em!!! I love my butt!
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    This is how I see it. I wear a bikini maybe 20 times a year and maybe don't rock iit, but I wear jeans ands skirts like 250 times a year and definitely rock em!!! I love my butt!

Good point! :drinker:
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    i mite be pear?
  • nongie06
    nongie06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am pear shaped. I hate it too, but appreciate as well. I love my waist, I love my arms (they don't gain too much fat, if ever, just need to tone) and I love that I do not gain fat in my tummy and that I look really really really good in dresses/gowns. I don’t like that my breasts are small (but I have learnt to live with them, they look elegant), and when the weight comes off, it shows in my collar bone (not much of an issue). My advice, tone the thighs, you are pear shaped and you are very sexy (it’s better than tummy fat, I think). Look at Beyonce, they can reduce in size...
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

I think since your bust is just an inch smaller than your hips, that you are an hourglass. :)

I'm pretty sure to be an hourglass there has to be at least a 10" difference between your waist and your hips. It's not just about the matching bust and hip measurements.
  • rabiahassan
    rabiahassan Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    BUMP Zenny- Read this you are a pear shape !!!!
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have liked to call it hourglass, but let's face it, I'm a pear lol. I'm small up top. I have a small waist. I am wide in the hips. However, that being said, I am working to embrace it, because I think I'm stuck with those wide hips. I might as well rock them!
    (34D, 27.5 waist, 39 hips)
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have always hated my pear shape (even at 118 pounds --- I am 5'4) I had hips that were never any less than 37.5 or so inches. Even when I was 16 years old, my skirts were much shorter in the back because of my booty butt. AND -- I have more than once put a skirt on over my head because it fit....but I just couldn't get it up over my hips.

I have learned to come to terms with it. It is what it is....so I just deal with it. As someone else mentioned, when you are in shape, a pear is quite sexy. Lots of curves and a butt. I would HATE to have a flat butt with no shape. The key, however, is to stick with your fitness program because the moment you stop, it goes right to the hips, butt, and thighs. Embrace it! Curves are sexy!!!

As far as bikinis are concerned --- I go with solid color bottoms with print tops. It draws the eye up to the chest instead of the rear.
  • bananapineapplesauce
    Options
    Me me me! I'm soooo pear shaped it's ridiculous. Don't have any pics up or measurements yet, sorry, but you can trust me. It's like, WHOA!!

But I second all the ladies and gentlemen who say it's not a bad thing. Sure, hourglass is prolly best but I'd rather hold weight in a "womanly" way then have a huge round middle and little chicken legs.

Don't know if I should share this story, but when I was in grad school, I was in a pretty male-dominated program and sort of came to think of myself as "one of the guys." Maybe it's low self-esteem, too. Who knows? But anyway, when seeking relief from thesis projects at the pubs we often played "Who would you...?" games, e.g. Who in the program would you lava face? Funny stuff... But one day it was, "Which person in the program would you most want to see naked?" It was me and a load of guys that night (all of them really hot!), and every single one said me. I was shocked! The other girls in the program were all slender, pretty girls. Stunned, I asked why and they all were avidly like: The hips! The hips!

So I took it as a compliment and remember that story when I get depressed about my shrinking bust and not-shrinking hips and how freakishly disproportionate I sometimes feel.

There's lots to be glad for. Look at how crazy people go over figures like Beyonce's and Rihanna's. They're sexy! Plus, big hips make your waist look even smaller. Hip hip! You can always wear a water bra, get implants, or other stuff to even yourself out (I don't but it's a solution anyway) but I think you can't be voluptuous without The HIPS!!! And voluptuous women are the sexiest, I think.

Pretty sure I'm not alone on that ;)

Let's be proud, ladies!
  • CMay16
    CMay16 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Definitely not alone! I am all wide legs and hips, tiny top! I have working my butt off the last four months trying to get my weigh down again after slowing gaining back over that last few years what I had already last... and I fear my legs are not going anywhere.
    I don't weigh myself very regularly at all, but I would say I'm at about 143-145 lbs. I had to by a new dress recently in an extra small (woohoo!!) but only because my waist is apparently too tiny to fill out the middle, but my pants all the same size they were when I started working out frequently again. Just can't win with them.
    But I am super pumped about my results so far, so so what if there's a little extra thigh hanging around?
    We can only do our best and work and flaunt what we got *hip bump* :happy:
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I was never all that confident with my pear shape until I came on this site! I started realizing it was self perception and how many women were about the exact same size, weight, height I am and looked HOT. Then I started looking at my pictures again and realizing I look a lot better than I ever thought! I now own TWO bikinis! I still haomen little body fat to lose but at 25%, I'm ready to show off! I'm weight training now to further improve the appearance but I've already learned to not only like my body but embrace it! It isn't perfect but it is pretty darn great!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Another poster had it right. Check out how to select a bikini for pear shapes.

Banana--I love your story!
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I think I finally found a decent swim suit. I still have a pear shape though. I'm coming to terms with it though. :)

IMAG1878-1.jpg
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    gorgeous xx
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    My husband likes the Suicide girls and now he found theses models called "phat *kitten* and pretty faces. they are pear-shaped to the extreme and so absolutely beautiful that they make me proud of the booty.
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    Thanks!
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options

hour glass....is more likely
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!