Hips 38.5
    Waist 26
    Chest 34
    Thigh 22

I hate being pear shaped it sucks :(
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Being a pear is hot, quit crying ladies.

I'm technically a pear, but visually an hourglass (I blame my bum)

B: 43.5
    W: 33.5
    H: 47

NSFW Pear appreciation tumblr (take the '.' out between fck) : http://fu.ckyeahpearshapedgirls.tumblr.com/
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Ok I believe I am pear shaped :

height : 5 ft 4 inches
    weight : 132 pounds
    Waist : 28"
    Hips: 34"
    Bum: 39"
    Thigh: 23"
    Arm: 11 "

Not sure on chest measurement, at work right now so will measure when I get home but it won't be big, I has small boobies. And my bum just won't give up it's inches whereas other parts have been !
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Height: 5 ft 8
    Weight: 165 lbs
    Chest: 34F
    Waist: 30
    Hips: 40

I'm definitely a pear, 10 inch difference between my waist and hips!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3" (almost)
    Weight: 115 lbs
    Chest: 33
    Waist: 25
    Hips: 39

I can't get any smaller, so I know my hips will always be big. I like my badonkadonk though. :wink: I'm sure you'll look great OP. Being small on top actually makes you look skinnier, imho.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    My current stats:

5 feet 6 inches
    147 pounds

Chest: 36 inches
    Waist: 27.5 inches
    Hips: 38 inches

It's all going down!!

My goal measurements:
    Chest: 34 inches
    Waist: 25 inches
    Hips: 36 inches
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I feel really big compared to some of you lovely ladies!

5ft 4
    157lbs

Chest: 37
    Waist: 34
    Hips: 44

Struggling at the moment. Feel free to add me, need some motivation!!
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure what you're worried about. You describe yourself so much differently than your pictures show you to be. You're slim, and, to me, you don't look all that pear shaped. NOTHING looks big about you.

I, for instance, am shaped like a brick with boobs and legs. No matter how small I am, in clothes, the rest of my body looks the same size as my chest, because I barely have a waist (and the boobs aren't even that great, I just have a giant ribcage). When I gain weight, I gain a huge belly, face, and upper arms, so I really do always look big. Even when I was much smaller, I kinda looked like a brick, just a little one. It's a struggle sometimes, but I'm happy with how I'm made, and a lot of that is because I'm very happy with my upper body strength - my job requires me to lift a lot, and I can, much more easily than the other women I work with.

I think it looks feminine to have a nice waist, with hips and thighs. And unfortunately for me, it's something I can probably never achieve, without surgical help.

Try to appreciate your natural attributes. Sometimes happiness is a decision. :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    You look great to me! I'm not even seeing the pear shape. Pear shape is beautiful anyway. I don't put a lot of thought into these measurements meaning stuff. I also have a curvy behind (you can see it in my ticker), but I like it. My husband likes my figure also, and he adamantly claims I am hourglass and not pear shaped. Which I always have to follow up with, well if you are going to call me hourglass you need to say small hourglass (because I feel the pressure of accurately describing based on things I've read on here). My breasts are not large, which is associated with hourglass, but they are proportional to my size. I have heard it called "neat hourglass". My husband thinks I'm way off to call myself pear shaped, I don't really consider myself hourglass. I'm definitely not the straight body type, though. I don't really think I fit into these classifications. I just am what I am. If it looks good, who cares what shape it's called. Our bodies are always fluctuating anyway from all of life's circumstances of being a woman. I see a lot of women that look hourglass to me, calling themselves pear. And regardless of shape classification I admire all these lady bodies.

My waist to hip ratio is 23-34 and for the top it doesn't always seem to matter because there are so many different measurements to consider. Under bust, over bust, shoulder width...all these things contribute to our top shape (also bra size is a little personal to just post out on the internet for me). But, one thing is for sure, when I gain (and I've never gained much) it is in my thighs. My waist and back is always slim and my tummy flat with visible abs. And the rest of me does not change in a visible way either. Even when breastfeeding my breasts only got less than a cup size bigger (and that was only when my full milk came in when my baby was a few days old and then it leveled off again). Anyway, as women, I think we are all very tough on ourselves. But, it's ok to just embrace the beauty of each of our unique bodies.

Sorry for my long winded response.

p.s. I just told my husband that JLo and Beyonce are considered pear shaped, so am I pear shaped like them? And he said, "I don't know...maybe". He's always said I am like a small Beyonce in terms of my shape (and many people have said the same). See we are confused about the shape classifications. And does it really matter. Sometimes it seems like people care more about us classifying our shape than what I care about. But, maybe we are more than a piece of fruit.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Sometimes happiness is a decision. :)

Love this!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I think many people here are not only hating on themselves way too much, but also confusing "pear" with "hourglass." A pear shape will have more than 10" difference from waist to hips. Having small breasts also doesn't make you NOT an hourglass; it's much more dependent on your ribcage/bust/shoulder combo (hence, appearance of hourglass). There are even studies that claim where weight is carried can also determine "hourglass" shapelyness, but then, I don't think it really matters... we've kind of moved beyond the, "Well, ****, she's fertile because I see she has hips now. Time to further homo sapiens existence!"?

Nonetheless, pear shapes with hips more than ten inches larger than their waist are gorgeous, as are women with hips no more than an inch or two larger than their waist.

And to some in this thread who said, "Big hips isn't a sign of being fat; a big derrier is"... :grumble:
  • alettep
    alettep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I currently have a way to go to get back to my goal but even as a skinny teenager I alway had hips~it's in my genes! I would never shrink past a size 7/8 in jeans because of hip bones & that is just how the ladies in my family are built. It's all about playing up your assets-get suit with ruffles on the chest to draw attention up & make the girls look a little bigger. I am pear shaped & always will be, but it can be a nice toned pear shape!
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I'm not entirely sure what you're worried about. You describe yourself so much differently than your pictures show you to be. You're slim, and, to me, you don't look all that pear shaped. NOTHING looks big about you.

I, for instance, am shaped like a brick with boobs and legs. No matter how small I am, in clothes, the rest of my body looks the same size as my chest, because I barely have a waist (and the boobs aren't even that great, I just have a giant ribcage). When I gain weight, I gain a huge belly, face, and upper arms, so I really do always look big. Even when I was much smaller, I kinda looked like a brick, just a little one. It's a struggle sometimes, but I'm happy with how I'm made, and a lot of that is because I'm very happy with my upper body strength - my job requires me to lift a lot, and I can, much more easily than the other women I work with.

I think it looks feminine to have a nice waist, with hips and thighs. And unfortunately for me, it's something I can probably never achieve, without surgical help.

Try to appreciate your natural attributes. Sometimes happiness is a decision. :)

I made this post many months ago when I had a lot more weight on. Even though I have lost a lot of weight, I still don't have a small waist which is my only complaint. I have learned that losing weight can completely change your body style and it has blown my mind. But I can see where looking at my profile now, people would think I'm crazy! I'm right there with you though on having a big rib cage. But, nonetheless, I love your end quote. :)
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread and wanted to throw in my messurements.

Started at 210 ish
    Bust 40
    Waist 34
    Lower Waist: 38
    Hips 50
    Thigh: 29.5

Right now at about 190
    Bust 40
    Waist 30.5
    Lower waist 36.75
    Hips 47.5
    Thigh 28

Smallest I can remember when I was around 150-155 (10 years ago)
    Bust 36
    Waist 27
    Hips 42

:-( stupid pear shape lol. Size 6 dress/tops and size 12 bottoms make shopping a pain!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I think I finally found a decent swim suit. I still have a pear shape though. I'm coming to terms with it though. :)

IMAG1878-1.jpg

Oh and where is this from? Love it!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I think I finally found a decent swim suit. I still have a pear shape though. I'm coming to terms with it though. :)

IMAG1878-1.jpg

It's very cute and flattering.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread and wanted to throw in my messurements.

Started at 210 ish
    Bust 40
    Waist 34
    Lower Waist: 38
    Hips 50
    Thigh: 29.5

Right now at about 190
    Bust 40
    Waist 30.5
    Lower waist 36.75
    Hips 47.5
    Thigh 28

Smallest I can remember when I was around 150-155 (10 years ago)
    Bust 36
    Waist 27
    Hips 42

:-( stupid pear shape lol. Size 6 dress/tops and size 12 bottoms make shopping a pain!

Thank heavens for separates, right? There's a difference of two sizes between my top and bottom and it's a pain in the neck. I also genuinely like empire waist dresses and tops and A-line dresses
  • DanielleRN8
    Options

IMAG1878-1.jpg

I actually found it at Walmart.com. They don't sell it in the stores which is a shame!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    It's really cute! I love swim suits with a little skirt. I got one at La Vie En Rose Aqua (not sure if that is just a Canadian store).
  • littlebutcurvy
    Options
    <<<<<< FELLOW PEAR XX
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!