Pear shaped women

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Idk my measurements now, bc i haven't measured since i started, but when i weighed 180, i was 39,35,44. I'm 130 now, almost to my goal!
  • vbandstra
    vbandstra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try Tracy Anderson videos for reshaping your lower body. I got great results with them!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I am looking for other pear shaped women to help me with motivation. I'm afraid that no matter how much I lose, I will always look big due to my large hips and small bust. Can anyone out there help me out with some pictures? I want to know that my curse will not keep me from looking good in a bikini soon... :(

You can see an example of just how pear shaped I am in my profile pictures. But for those who want to compare measurements, here they are:

Height: 5'5
    Weight: 139.5
    Chest: 34
    Natural waist: 29
    Hips: 39
    Thighs: 22.5
    Arms: 10.5

So as you can tell by my measurements, I am just about as pear shaped as they come. Please tell me I'm not the only one! :sad:

That's not pear shaped. Your hips are only 5 inches bigger than your bust. If you get the tape measure and lay it on the floor, and sort of make it into oval-shaped circles in those two circumferences you can see they're near as dammit the same.

those measurements seem to me pretty slender. :) You seem very slim to me. :)
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I looked at your pics and can't understand why you think you have a problem?

The original post was from over a year and a half ago, lol. Things have changed since then. :)

Oh. Whoops. :D Die thread, die!
  • Brainless64
    Brainless64 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    As your hips are actualy a standard 10 inches bigger than your waist you wil not look unbalanced. If you wear tops that accentuate your bust then it will balance it out more.

Actually from what I have seen the Pear shape is the most usual female shape, with the top half only getting bigger with pregnancy and lactaion. We are designed to carry the majority of our fat reserves (as women) in hips and thighs, and not like men, around the middle which is where excess fat is more unhealthy.
  • Jacqson84
    Jacqson84 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I think it largely depends on your hip to waist ratio. Your bust needs to be inches smaller than your hips of course. Not shoulders.
    I have wide hips but a flat butt do I still count as a pear? When I gain weight it goes to my thighs. I have an A to B cup when skinny a perfect 24 inch waist with my hips being 37.6 inches at the smallest. I had skinny thighs too. They were 16 inches. My shoulders were 32 inches. My arms were 9 inches around. As you can tell the only big part of me were my hips. I had prominent thigh gap. All signs I was skinny. When I gained weight I gained all over. I got D's almost DD's a 30d-dd. I had lovehandles and my natural waist was 27 inches flabby. My hips got much more fatter saddlebags 43" and thunder thighs with cottage cheese were 24". I gained 32 lbs. I've lost more of it now and have a 25 inch waist it's not perfect but a lot more fit than before my hips are still very wide and the problem spot for me at almost 39". My boobs shrinked again and are now a C to D cup 28 C-D cup. Which is equivalent to a 32A to B cup. My thighs are thicker than they used to best 18". I don't know if this makes me an hourglass bottom heavy or pear tbh.

Likely pear. But it really depends on how your shoulder width compares to hip width.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I think it largely depends on your hip to waist ratio. Your bust needs to be inches smaller than your hips of course. Not shoulders.

You don't have to be busty too look like an hourglass. Your top half has to match your bottom half. A pear has shoulders that are much narrower than their hips (and typically smaller bust) and generally smaller rib cage. But there are also people with narrow rib cages/shoulders and a large bust, and their measurements will appear close, but they will look like a pear.

(Ahem, Kim Kardashian! She's actually a pear with big a large chest. Or Marilyn Monroe....she is a bit more hippy than hourglass. Beyonce is also a pear)

http://www.listal.com/list/women-most-commonly-mistaken-hourglass

Measurements do not always tell the full story. You can have a "large" hip measurement, and it could all be your thighs, and you might have narrow hips and little waist definition.
  • Nick19f
    Options
    I have wide hips but a flat butt do I still count as a pear? When I gain weight it goes to my thighs. I have an A to B cup when skinny a perfect 24 inch waist with my hips being 37.6 inches at the smallest. I had skinny thighs too. They were 16 inches. My shoulders were 32 inches. My arms were 9 inches around. As you can tell the only big part of me were my hips. I had prominent thigh gap. All signs I was skinny. When I gained weight I gained all over. I got D's almost DD's a 30d-dd. I had lovehandles and my natural waist was 27 inches flabby. My hips got much more fatter saddlebags 43" and thunder thighs with cottage cheese were 24". I gained 32 lbs. I've lost more of it now and have a 25 inch waist it's not perfect but a lot more fit than before my hips are still very wide and the problem spot for me at almost 39". My boobs shrinked again and are now a C to D cup 28 C-D cup. Which is equivalent to a 32A to B cup. My thighs are thicker than they used to best 18". I don't know if this makes me an hourglass bottom heavy or pear tbh.

Likely pear. But it really depends on how your shoulder width compares to hip width.

my hips are my biggest part of me either way honestly. I lost my weight quite easily. My thighs even seem to slim down easily but when I gain weight it's the first place I see a problem. I have a flatt but flat stomach flat skinny thighs and a flat chest(back to a 28A cup) /small shoulders but very wide hips. Even when I'm underweught it's not even a case of fat rather my bone structure it seems. Does that make me pear shaped simply by bone sturcture?
  • Nick19f
    Options

You don't have to be busty too look like an hourglass. Your top half has to match your bottom half. A pear has shoulders that are much narrower than their hips (and typically smaller bust) and generally smaller rib cage. But there are also people with narrow rib cages/shoulders and a large bust, and their measurements will appear close, but they will look like a pear.

(Ahem, Kim Kardashian! She's actually a pear with big a large chest. Or Marilyn Monroe....she is a bit more hippy than hourglass. Beyonce is also a pear)

http://www.listal.com/list/women-most-commonly-mistaken-hourglass

Measurements do not always tell the full story. You can have a "large" hip measurement, and it could all be your thighs, and you might have narrow hips and little waist definition.

kim kardashian is actually a cello or thick hourglass.

http://i41.tinypic.com/15nar1w.jpg
  • jadedone
    Options

my hips are my biggest part of me either way honestly. I lost my weight quite easily. My thighs even seem to slim down easily but when I gain weight it's the first place I see a problem. I have a flatt but flat stomach flat skinny thighs and a flat chest(back to a 28A cup) /small shoulders but very wide hips. Even when I'm underweught it's not even a case of fat rather my bone structure it seems. Does that make me pear shaped simply by bone sturcture?

You are a pear. Wide hips/narrow shoulders = typical pear.
  • jadedone
    Options

She does look balanced here. Other pics I have seen have her looking less hourglass! But you never know. :)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I'm

5'5"/182.0 & if I measured right my chest is 38, waist is 33, and hips is 43.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

She does look balanced here. Other pics I have seen have her looking less hourglass! But you never know. :)

The implants make her an hourglass. Not knocking implants (I have a fund ready myself, just in case my ladies abandon me) just saying. When she was less busty she was a pear, without a doubt, but then she got some (really well done) boobs and here we are, with an illusion of an hourglass from the front.

But, all that aside, her body is banging.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    The whole fruit shape thing confuses me.

My measurements (34-28-38) make me a pear, but I sure don't look like one from the front, with a high waist and straight hips. The only reason my hip measurement is so big is my butt sticks way out to the back! Maybe I am just a pear from the side. :huh:

Any other "side pears, front bananas?" :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

My measurements (34-28-38) make me a pear, but I sure don't look like one from the front, with a high waist and straight hips. The only reason my hip measurement is so big is my butt sticks way out to the back! Maybe I am just a pear from the side. :huh:

It's a weird thing. I'm a technical pear (booty booty) but when people see me they think 'hourglass'. Which I can see when I look at myself, but measurements are what they are. And, really, in the end it doesn't mean anything one way or the other. Pear, apple, ruler...whatever. It's just measurements with no real baring on what we do/who we are.

aOLL4gX.jpg?1
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options

It's a weird thing. I'm a technical pear (booty booty) but when people see me they think 'hourglass'. Which I can see when I look at myself, but measurements are what they are. And, really, in the end it doesn't mean anything one way or the other. Pear, apple, ruler...whatever. It's just measurements with no real baring on what we do/who we are.

aOLL4gX.jpg?1

Yeah, I would think hourglass for sure looking at you! Good point, though. If I'm looking for tips on how to dress my shape, I have a mirror and 30+ years of wisdom. I don't need a formula.

BTW, you have a banging body all around- I want arms like yours! Who cares what fruit you are, you are rocking it!
  • hannanel
    Options
    I'm 5'4" 135 lbs. My measurements are 33-24-39. Started off doing hip hop abs then p90x and now insanity. I can't post a picture but check out my profile. It's achievable!
  • ebrown38
    ebrown38 Posts: 1
    Options
    I need help determining if im even pear shaped
    Height 5'5
    Weight 138lb
    Bust 34 in.
    Waist 27in
    Hips 27.5 in(small hips,bubble like butt)

I feel very long and narrow almost banana like with
    A slender waist and hips but when i gain weight
    It tends to travel to my lower abdominal and butt.
    What am I?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!