Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• TigressPat
    Options
    i think im a pear and im mourning because i wrongly thought i was an hourglass all my life.

waist 32
    breasts 38
    hips 41
    legs 25

from the waist up im ok-ish even my tummy is ok and i have a flat non existant bum but my legs dont seem to get smaller!
    I would still say you are hourglass. bust and hips have to be close to the same measurement and it sounds like yours are. 3 inches is not much of a difference and as long as your waist is 10 inches smaller than your hips then you are hourglass shaped.

no, because your bust has to be at least 10 inches larger than your waist.
  • tiffi47
    tiffi47 Posts: 6
    Options
    I love my shape I just wish it was easier for me to lose weight. I'm 170 pounds 5'4
    Bust 34
    Waist 25
    Hips 42

I want to get down to 140 but I don't think it's possible
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My measurements are 32-23-34. Before children I was 32-22-33. And my shoulder measurement is 34 inches (same as my hips/booty). By hip measurement is the result of my perky, round booty. But, in my experience the bust measurement can vary a bit with different stages in my cycles and childbearing years (but not a lot for me, basically around the same). I look similiar to before children, but not exactly the same. This is also true for aging in general, though. I need to get a proper bra fitting because I did misunderstand that as the band gets smaller, the cups also get smaller, so I assumed I was a different size than I am (I definitely need a 28 band because my measurement is 26 inches, but it's hard to find). I found a store, I just need to go there now. I really need to find a bathing suit that is made for petite xxs because I find them to be structured just overall too big for my frame size and feel very uncomfortable to me because I need to tighten them down and they are just positioned incorrectly on my body and the cups are too wide set.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I love my big booty, sturdy legs, and small chest and waist.
  • FifiLaPhue
    FifiLaPhue Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey the old sock in the bra trick works as well as any other!
  • FifiLaPhue
    FifiLaPhue Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    All things are possible...only believe..
  • superbeacon
    Options
    Hey the old sock in the bra trick works as well as any other!

I believe in socks! :D

I lose weight up top first, always. I remember I told my sister in law once that I was a sad fat girl with no boobs. Ha! Needless to say, I'm at a better place now in regard to my self-image... Peary and loving it.
  • nikitagiselle
    nikitagiselle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear. 33 inch bust
    27 natural waist
    40inch hips
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I have been telling myself I am a pear for a long time now. But I am starting to think I am not really one any more. It doesn't seem to be the case when I look in the mirror (Apx: 34H-34-45). My shoulders have widened a bit, so now they look pretty even with my hips. My bust ranges from 2-4 inches smaller than my hips depending on the week.
  • missmelissa919
    missmelissa919 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nixivixxCHANGED
    Options
    Me too:
    Height: 5'4
    Weight: 128lbs
    Bust: 34
    Waist: 28
    Hips: 38

:(
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    dito - u r not alone! - my profile pic was just a few weeks ago on vacation - i didnt feel comfortable taking off my wrap - because i was so self conscious of how my hips/butt/thighs looked - it makes me feel so fat :( but i decided to put it as my profile pic to remind me of how i felt then and hopefully be a motivator to workout - hoping one day to feel more confident and rock that bikini -lol :) Good luck on your journey as well :)
    chest 34
    waist 25
    hips 38
  • snivvy
    snivvy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped too (see profile pic). I can easily get flat abs with a couple of days of super healthy eating, quads are like rock from squatting and kettlebell but the saddlebags and just-under-the-butt fat will not shift!

Being pear shaped has it's advantages though- many would love to have a flat stomach or toned shoulders- it's just the luck of the draw. Swings and roundabouts and other cliches.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Fellow pear -- but honestly I like it! In fact, I was deluded into thinking I was an hourglass until I read the measurement differences required to be deemed a "true" hourglass :wink:.

I'm 5'0"

32" chest
    26" waist
    36" hips
  • Nick19f
    Nick19f Posts: 10
    Options
    I have wide hips but a flat butt do I still count as a pear? When I gain weight it goes to my thighs. I have an A to B cup when skinny a perfect 24 inch waist with my hips being 37.6 inches at the smallest. I had skinny thighs too. They were 16 inches. My shoulders were 32 inches. My arms were 9 inches around. As you can tell the only big part of me were my hips. I had prominent thigh gap. All signs I was skinny. When I gained weight I gained all over. I got D's almost DD's a 30d-dd. I had lovehandles and my natural waist was 27 inches flabby. My hips got much more fatter saddlebags 43" and thunder thighs with cottage cheese were 24". I gained 32 lbs. I've lost more of it now and have a 25 inch waist it's not perfect but a lot more fit than before my hips are still very wide and the problem spot for me at almost 39". My boobs shrinked again and are now a C to D cup 28 C-D cup. Which is equivalent to a 32A to B cup. My thighs are thicker than they used to best 18". I don't know if this makes me an hourglass bottom heavy or pear tbh.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I looked at your pics and can't understand why you think you have a problem?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I have wide hips but a flat butt do I still count as a pear? When I gain weight it goes to my thighs. I have an A to B cup when skinny a perfect 24 inch waist with my hips being 37.6 inches at the smallest. I had skinny thighs too. They were 16 inches. My shoulders were 32 inches. My arms were 9 inches around. As you can tell the only big part of me were my hips. I had prominent thigh gap. All signs I was skinny. When I gained weight I gained all over. I got D's almost DD's a 30d-dd. I had lovehandles and my natural waist was 27 inches flabby. My hips got much more fatter saddlebags 43" and thunder thighs with cottage cheese were 24". I gained 32 lbs. I've lost more of it now and have a 25 inch waist it's not perfect but a lot more fit than before my hips are still very wide and the problem spot for me at almost 39". My boobs shrinked again and are now a C to D cup 28 C-D cup. Which is equivalent to a 32A to B cup. My thighs are thicker than they used to best 18". I don't know if this makes me an hourglass bottom heavy or pear tbh.

Likely pear. But it really depends on how your shoulder width compares to hip width.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I too am pear shaped.
    5'3 and 144 pounds
    bust 36 in
    hips 48 in
    feel free to add me ladies!
  • AndyBloot
    Options
    Look at the old nude paintings of sexy women
    They were mostly quite pear shaped

Ditch the mags and go to the museum
    You'll realise that you pear shaped ladies are indeed sex bombs lol
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    I looked at your pics and can't understand why you think you have a problem?

The original post was from over a year and a half ago, lol. Things have changed since then. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!