Pear shaped women

Options

Replies

• AmberLee2012
    Options
    I don't know why people don't like being a pear shape. I think it's lovely :) I still have a decent amount of weight to lose but I think it's a great shape to be!
  • LizzCallahan
    LizzCallahan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used to think I was an hour glass, but I think the years (and babies) have made that a bit of a joke.

Bust: 39.5
    Waist: 31
    Hips: 44
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 175.6

I think I will be ok with this if at the end of my weight loss journey I look a little like Bettie Page. That lady really owned the pear. :)
  • tarahitzeman321
    Options
    I'm glad to find this post about pear shapes. I've always felt uncomfortable in bathing suits because my thighs! I also feel very unproportioned

Measurements:
    Bust: 31 in.
    Hips: 37 in.
    Waist: 23.5 in.
    Thighs: 21 in.

within the past year iI have learned to appreciate the pear shape and love my big booty. But finding clothes is near impossible because my button and waist are so drastically different. Has anyone had luck with trimming their thighs? I if so doing what exercises?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to find this post about pear shapes. I've always felt uncomfortable in bathing suits because my thighs! I also feel very unproportioned

Measurements:
    Bust: 31 in.
    Hips: 37 in.
    Waist: 23.5 in.
    Thighs: 21 in.

within the past year iI have learned to appreciate the pear shape and love my big booty. But finding clothes is near impossible because my button and waist are so drastically different. Has anyone had luck with trimming their thighs? I if so doing what exercises?

Weight lifting was helpful to me, personally. Although, my thighs got smaller. Then they got bigger again with more muscle (like when I was younger), but only by an inch or so (still smaller than when I started). I'm happy.
  • TamzynKV
    Options
    I am definitely a pear shaped woman.
    bust- 37 (D cup)
    waist- 29
    hips- 40
    height- 5'7.5"
    Weight- 160 lbs
    I never feel comfortable in a bikini and I always wear swim shorts to hide my butt. I am self conscious about my cellulite. I know I'm not fat, but I don't feel good about showing my body. I was hoping to find some other pears to make me feel less... Alone with this issue. I feel good about my body at times but other times I feel like everyone else is just so much more... Beautiful.
  • goal_digger_2014
    Options
    I'm pear also...
    bust: 39
    waist (smallest part): 30.4
    hips: 49.4
    weight: 235.4
    height: 5'5.5"
    I like my shape, I would rather be a pear than any other shape!!!
    :happy:
  • soniadavisbey
    soniadavisbey Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I WISH I WAS A PEAR INSTEAD OF AN APPLE :(
  • Proalina
    Proalina Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I too am small on top and full in the booty and hips. No matter what work outs I did the bottom barely moved. A girlfriend told me about Brazil Butt lift work out DVDs. I was like yeah yeah. But finally I got it last month. I have to say WOW. Major improvement. I dropped 3 inches in my hip/butt area. Not only that but it's perky n not flat. Look it up on YouTube for free work outs. See how you like them. The are not long about 30-45 a day depending on the day. Hope this helps any of you pear shaped sisters ;))
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Pear over here also.. but for the most part I love my shape. Could use some help with the thighs tho.

Height: 5'4"
    Weight:158
    Chest: 35
    Waist: 27
    Hips: 38.5 (alot of booty up in there haha)
    Thighs: 21.5
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    *5'8"
    *142lbs
    *Chest - 33"
    *Waist at navel - 28"
    *Hips - 36"
    Just took these photos yesterday for my Turbofire 12 week progress (-19lbs & 18in, but still very "pear-y")
    2duz7li.jpg
    dxzn8k.png
  • DanielleRN8
    Options
    *5'8"
    *142lbs
    *Chest - 33"
    *Waist at navel - 28"
    *Hips - 36"
    Just took these photos yesterday for my Turbofire 12 week progress (-19lbs & 18in, but still very "pear-y")
    2duz7li.jpg
    dxzn8k.png

Wow, amazing results! You look great!
  • ashleyballam
    Options
    I have Always been a pear no matter how thin I get !

My Stats:
    bust: 33.5
    navel: 28.0
    lower pooch: 31.5
    hips/butt: 40.5

still have 10-12 pounds left to lose , so hopefully those numbers will go down !
  • ashleyballam
    Options
    I have Always been a pear no matter how thin I get !

My Stats:
    bust: 33.5
    navel: 28.0
    lower pooch: 31.5
    hips/butt: 40.5

still have 10-12 pounds left to lose , so hopefully those numbers will go down !

Forgot :
    Height : 5 '1
    CW: 136
    thigh: 22"
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    Options
    bump
  • ashleyballam
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    Weight" Around 110 pounds
    Bust: 32 inches
    Waist: 24 inches
    Hips: 35/36 inches

At least we tend to have nice waists.

I would love to be at ur measurements lol Im 34/28/40 136lbs
  • amscott36
    amscott36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am pear shape hips are 46" waist 32" height 5ft 9", Beauty of it is , a lovely flat stomach, tiny waist
  • TigressPat
    Options
    i think im pear shaped. 36 inch bust, 32 inch waist, 36 inch hips. Im wearing size 6 pants and tops are small now.

nope, measurements make you an apple shape
  • TigressPat
    Options
    I don't have narrow shoulders either. My shoulders definitely aren't smaller than my hips. I went to the body calculator and it said I wasn't any of their 4 shapes.

That calculator was horrible. If you have a pretty good gap between your waist and hips, and your bust is as wide as your hips, you are an hourglass.

The definition of an hourglass shape is not "a pretty good gap." It's having a bust and hip measurement that is the same or very close and having a waist measurement that is 9 to 10 inches less than your bust and hips.

actually you are mostly right, but the measurement is only 10 inches or so if you are very small (i.e. 34-24-34)

if you are larger, the ratio also has to be larger.

not meaning to offend, but someone who is 58-48-58 does not qualify as an hourglass.

most famous women whom we think are hourglasses aren't. They are pears or apple shaped.
    True hourglasses are rare and only consist of 8% of the population.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    I just saw this thread and wanted to throw in my messurements.

Started at 210 ish
    Bust 40
    Waist 34
    Lower Waist: 38
    Hips 50
    Thigh: 29.5

Right now at about 190
    Bust 40
    Waist 30.5
    Lower waist 36.75
    Hips 47.5
    Thigh 28

Smallest I can remember when I was around 150-155 (10 years ago)
    Bust 36
    Waist 27
    Hips 42

:-( stupid pear shape lol. Size 6 dress/tops and size 12 bottoms make shopping a pain!

Thank heavens for separates, right? There's a difference of two sizes between my top and bottom and it's a pain in the neck. I also genuinely like empire waist dresses and tops and A-line dresses

if its any consolation it's much harder to find clothes when you are the other way around!!!
    trust me
  • TigressPat
    Options
    here's a general definition of body shape for those of you who are wondering (from wiki!)

Independent of fat percentage, weight or width, female body shapes are categorised in some Western cultures into one of four elementary geometric shapes,[18] though there are very wide ranges of actual sizes within each shape:

Apple or V shape (triangle downward) Apple shaped women have broad(er) shoulders compared to their (narrower) hips.[18] Apple shaped women tend to have slim legs/thighs, while the abdomen and chest look larger compared to the rest of the body. Fat is mainly distributed in the abdomen, chest, and face.

Banana, straight or I shape (rectangular) The waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hips or bust measurement.[18] Body fat is distributed predominantly in the abdomen, buttocks, chest, and face. This overall fat distribution creates the typical ruler (straight) shape.

Pear, spoon, bell or A shape (triangle upward) The hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement.[18] The distribution of fat varies, with fat tending to deposit first in the buttocks, hips, and thighs. As body fat percentage increases, an increasing proportion of body fat is distributed around the waist and upper abdomen. The women of this body type tend to have a (relatively) larger rear, thicker thighs, and a small(er) bosom.

Hourglass or X shape. (triangles opposing, facing in) The hip and bust are almost of equal size with a narrow waist.[18] Body fat distribution tends to be around both the upper body and lower body. This body type enlarges the arms, chest, hips, and rear before other parts, such as the waist and upper abdomen.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!