Can't believe you ate the whole thing...

Options

Replies

• StrawberrySt
    Options
    Too many gastronomic feats to list. In my 20's I was asked to leave multiple buffets. WTH? All you can eat, is all you can eat, right? :smile:

Sounds like my boyfriend! I have to tell him that 'all you can eat' is not a challenge :laugh:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add my husband who weighs 180 lbs will easily eat over 3 lbs of steak or chicken in any given supper, with salad, potatoe(s), and a vegetable. Then within an hour of eating I catch him at the fridge eating the leftover meat cold!

He also eats 4-5 full meals a day, with snacks, and always eat a huge dinner when he comes home from work (930pm or 1 am if he has overtime)

He makes me sick. I've added his Calorie intake on occasion and came up with something like 4000-6000 a day. He hasn't gained any weight since I've known him, it's unnatural.

Yeah, I was like that, too. Then I turned 35. :grumble:

He is 35...His sister is exactly the same! I bet she's 125 soaking wet and she's in her 40's, I've seen that girl eat and drink she never stops. Neither exercise either. Funny since his 2 other sisters have wt issues. Weird genetic glitch or something.

I just bought a bmf, as it turns out I burn almost 5,000 calories a day. Looks like I will be cutting at around 4,500 calories. This fall when I bulk it will be closer to 5,500......and I'm 35
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    3 packages of tim tams. One mint, one caramel and one tia maria. Gained 40lbs while I was in Australia for a year, and I blame at least 25 of them on those damn cookies!! Holy crap, they're so good.

I have a packet of honeycomb Tim Tams in my pantry :happy:
    Only 100 cals for each one, I have it as a treat
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Back when I used to get stoned, I would get gnar. I once ate an entire family tray of Stoffer's (sp?) Salisbury Steak and Mac N Cheese. I used to smoke a bowl, go to the movies then hit up Carl's Jr. I've spent as much as $20 for one meal. I would order extra drinks so the lady working the drive thru wouldn't know it was all for me.

I used to do this! Would go to McDonalds and order 2 quarter pounders with cheese, 2 fish sandwiches, 6 cheeseburgers, and a small fry... would order 4 drinks that I would throw in the garbage once I was out of sight of the windodw... then the dog got 2 of the cheeseburgetrs and I would eat the rest and go to taco bell... then I would order a 6 tacos and a burrito supreme... and I wonder why I would get fat!!

I am so ashamed of some of my binges..
  • mattgleason
    Options
    1/2 gallon of ice cream. On the Appalacian Trail it is a tradition to eat a 1/2 gallon of ice cream at the half way point. It was easy. In fact, I ate a hotdog and some other stuff after eating the icecream, I also was as skinny as I have ever been in my adult life.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Whole bottle of wine...or one and a half bottles of wine!
    3/4 of a large bag of Sensible Portions apple crisps - irony! Nothing sensible about that lmao!
    An 8 oz block of extra sharp cheddar with a half of a box of Trisquits and a half of a bag of sliced pepperoni
    Half a box of Little Debbie star crunch cosmic snacks or nutty bars or peanut butter bars
    A whole cantelope
    Several plates of chinese plus ice cream after
    Half of a cheesecake
    Captain Crunch with crunchberries - two bowls - like margarine container sized bowls
    A whole bag of colored mini marshmallows
    A 9x13 pan of rice crispy treats

The last two items I was not exactly sober so I'm going to blame that, but everything else, oh, the shame.

What a colorful BM that probably created. :sick:
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add my husband who weighs 180 lbs will easily eat over 3 lbs of steak or chicken in any given supper, with salad, potatoe(s), and a vegetable. Then within an hour of eating I catch him at the fridge eating the leftover meat cold!

He also eats 4-5 full meals a day, with snacks, and always eat a huge dinner when he comes home from work (930pm or 1 am if he has overtime)

He makes me sick. I've added his Calorie intake on occasion and came up with something like 4000-6000 a day. He hasn't gained any weight since I've known him, it's unnatural.

He is 35...His sister is exactly the same! I bet she's 125 soaking wet and she's in her 40's, I've seen that girl eat and drink she never stops. Neither exercise either. Funny since his 2 other sisters have wt issues. Weird genetic glitch or something.

I just bought a bmf, as it turns out I burn almost 5,000 calories a day. Looks like I will be cutting at around 4,500 calories. This fall when I bulk it will be closer to 5,500......and I'm 35

Yeah, because you're ripped and you work out. Big surprise.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Today I ate at least half a container of home made banana pudding. I worked out like crazy because I felt crappy afterward. That may be the most thing I ever ate lol.
  • CAnneNelson
    Options
    Any box of Little Debbie's ANYTHINGS is living a long life if I can stretch it past 2 days. I cannot even bring them in my house or its all over with.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Um. I can pretty much eat indefinitely. I'm reading through some other people's binges and thinking, "oh, I could definitely do that."

I once ate about three full plates of food (plus two plates of dessert) at a buffet... wait for it... when I was recovering from anorexia in a treatment center. :) I don't think it fazed me much, either.

I've always been able to put away insane quantities of food, but it never used to feel like bingeing – I never felt out of control. I once ate a pint of ice cream and then went swimming with my friends immediately afterward. (And I felt fine, too. Don't know how I did it.) Granted, Amy's frozen pizzas are pretty small (around 800-and-something calories each), but I'd easily down a roasted vegetable pizza for dinner and still wonder what was for dessert.

However, I did eventually gain ten pounds, and then I panicked and ended up in a huge starve/binge cycle. Unfortunately, even though I haven't restricted for a while, I haven't eradicated the bingeing.

The silver lining, pale as it is, is that I really don't like most stereotypically "unhealthy" foods. Yes, anything is unhealthy when you're eating a thousand calories of it at a time, but boxed cookies and candies and fast food generally put me off. On the other hand, if you put me in a room with homemade bran muffins and nothing else, one of us wouldn't make it.

Among my exploits:
    • Half of a loaf of homemade French bread and a few spoonfuls of Nutella straight from the jar. Then I had dinner.
    • About three full bowls of mujadara (a Lebanese dish of lentils, brown rice, and onions, which is perfectly healthy until you eat the whole thing).
    • Homemade pumpkin bread – half of a bundt.
    • Fully half of a 9x13 ban of homemade cookie bars, which contain granola, oatmeal, walnuts, craisins, and chocolate chips.
    • I can get through two dozen Urban Oven crackers in a sitting before realizing that I have to stop myself.
    • I've never actually eaten an entire bag of Trader Joe's sesame honey cashews, but I COULD. I've had to have family members hide the bag from me before.
    • Might have possibly had ten or twelve homemade oatmeal cookies in a row. That was embarrassing to log.
    • I don't go out to eat much, but there are a couple of local restaurants that serve very good food in very enormous portions – "the leftovers could probably feed me for the next three days" kind of portions – and I'll eat it all.
    • I usually don't like store-bought or boxed cookies, but Le Petit Ecolier biscuits change the game. Half a box, easy.

Oh, and everything I've listed above? There's a lot more to each one; I've just listed the principal offender. When I binge, I usually don't sit down and expect to eat my way through a lot of food. It starts off innocently, with an apple... and then I'm still hungry, so I'll have a rice cake or two... and yet I am still hungry, so I'll get something else... some granola... some carrot sticks... maybe a few crackers... maybe a few more crackers... maybe some goat cheese... maybe some more granola and yogurt... more crackers... chocolate chips... whoops, someone's coming, better hide the four slices of bread... okay, they're gone, now hurry, some dried mango... cashews... do we have any muffins? Maybe some – oh my God, I've just eaten everything.

It scares me, to be honest. It scares me because although I can track my calories day in and day out, I really don't know when to stop.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I once told my boyfriend I was going to fill up with petrol, bought a McDonald's and ate it before I got home knowing that we had a small dinner planned. This was also around the time I realised I needed to lose weight!
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    Almost half a jar Of nutella.
    7 big slices of bread all w butter in over an hour.

5 homemade chocolqte muffins
    Full block of chocoate but in 2 days.
    1/2 homemade banana cake
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    3 packages of tim tams. One mint, one caramel and one tia maria. Gained 40lbs while I was in Australia for a year, and I blame at least 25 of them on those damn cookies!! Holy crap, they're so good.

I have a packet of honeycomb Tim Tams in my pantry :happy:
    Only 100 cals for each one, I have it as a treat

I think its like 9 grams of fat per biscuit. I use to love a timtam with coffee
  • Stephanie198907
    Stephanie198907 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    An entire large papa johns pizza in 1.5 hrs. Nothing to be proud of but dammit it was good. If it's any consolation there was no meat or cheese, just sauce and a ton of veggies cooked to within an inch of their life.

6 large chik fil-a waffle fries. I LOVE potatoes!

5lb bag of Yukon potatoes boiled and covered in 8oz of butter, an entire head of garlic, and 1 bunch of green onions.
  • Wampiress
    Wampiress Posts: 22
    Options
    bump for later
  • barenaud13
    Options
    An entire tray of freshly baked brownies...man did I feel sick. There's a reason they're no longer around the house....
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I notice that Nutella figures prominently in some of these "can't-believe-I-ate-so-much" stories. Which reminded me: don't I have some Nutella in the cupboard?

I went to investigate. Thankfully, I didn't. I think I threw it away a long time ago. I really don't like the stuff. Even so, I figured I'd find out what all the fuss was about.

For purely scientific reasons, of course. :laugh:
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    back in college during my boring telemarketer job...I easily could eat a whole pizza, wings, and a family size bag of chips during a shift at work...and I wondered why my weight ballooned to 200+ pounds. 4000 calories a day + no exercise + going out a drinking after work does not make a healthy person.
  • seizethefray
    Options
    Is it terrible that I'm reading all these posts in the voice of Jim Gaffigan?
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

Yeah, because you're ripped and you work out. Big surprise.

mainly my job I'm on my feet about 11-12 hours a day