• musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    "spicy" yeah that's it :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    man, now i feel old cause i know both of those songs :sad:

EDIT: although i think they both came out before i was born...there i feel better :wink:

Beth I am older then you and grew up listening to that kind of music and can't say I remember that song! :bigsmile:
  • musicmom04
    Options
    i never realized you were older than me...did you just turn 31? i'll be 31 in 2 weeks!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    i never realized you were older than me...did you just turn 31? i'll be 31 in 2 weeks!

The end of Feb. No one ever thinks I'm my age. I have gotten carded at every bar or every time I order a drink since I turned 21. Never carded with I wasn't of age. HMMMM!?!?!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

EDIT: although i think they both came out before i was born...there i feel better :wink:

Nothing wrong with being young and liking the old stuff. I have a huge soft spot for some Motown and old soul, and you know that's well before my time.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I love older music! It almost always had a great beat!
  • musicmom04
    Options
    i love getting carded...when i was 21 i used to feel like i was doing something wrong by even being in a liquor store, now when i get asked if i have my id i'm like "sure"
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Getting carded makes me happy too LOL.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Nothing wrong with being young and liking the old stuff. I have a huge soft spot for some Motown and old soul, and you know that's well before my time.

I love me some Motown

and Sly and the Family Stone.........dude that is some great music. Still can picture my bff mom showing us how to dance to Dance to the Music when I was like 8!
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    yea I'm totally on the wrong side of this conversation. I grew up listening to country and arena rock but I don't remember most of it. "Old" to me is the 90's. :laugh:
  • musicmom04
    Options
    yea I'm totally on the wrong side of this conversation. I grew up listening to country and arena rock but I don't remember most of it. "Old" to me is the 90's. :laugh:

:grumble:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

:grumble:

:laugh: :laugh: that's me laughing at beth who is giving the mean face. :laugh: :laugh:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    I loved getting carded. I haven't been carded in a while. I'm going to say it's because we live in a small town and they all know me...yah, yah, that's it. Usually I'm begging them to card me.....
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Who would have thunk it that the magic of all teams could be going all the way! I am in no way a magic fan but I have to watch. :laugh: :laugh:

I could take or leave basketball. But get in the way of me and some baseball and well have problems! hahaha:wink::wink:

I also don't mind getting carded but sometimes I just hate having to take it out especially if they just carded hubs. I am older then him too!
  • musicmom04
    Options
    i'm older than my dh too. we're such cradle robbers :laugh:

i get carded every time i buy alcohol at the grocery store, too (with my 5 year old in the cart) how young could i possibly be? :laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Whew! Crazy day. Lots of reading to catch up on. I'm glad Shuntae asked about the Bicylce song, I had no idea what you were talking about. I listened to it and still don't! I know my parents had Queen albums and I'm sure they played them, but heck if I remember that song.

As I read through the posts I kept thinking of things to comment on, but they are all gone. Oh wait, just remembered hooker makeup, pushup bra and something about a camera setting. I think that stuck cause I want to look like Lynnie in pics. I very rarely like a pic of me. I'll take all the advice I can get.

I also remembered Marla saying she felt guilty for not wanting her daughters to hang out on a street corner or something to that effect. Marla, you home school those children and you feel guilty for not spending enough time with them? Smack yourself my dear women. Or as my favorite southern saying goes, (insert southern drawl while reading) "Girl, have you done lost your mind?" (Off subject but who knew the panhandle of Florida was very southern speaking. Not me. I live in Lower Alabama, it's just called Florida! LOL)

Anyway... Marla, I feel relief when I put my kids on the bus and a little dread when it's time for them to bust through the door and I'm feeling not one bit of guilt for saying those words. I love my kids to death, but they can drive a you bonkers. You deserve some you time. It will make you a better mother.

My day was jam packed full from the beginning until now. I did get in a 200 calorie workout, I did NOT step on the scale, I did not weigh, measure or log my food because I was so busy I barely had time to eat! I also resisted sweets and passed up cake that my DH was waving under my nose and asked me 4 times if I wanted at the 5th grade graduation. I think it was a test.
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Me too Sam. I love my baseball.

I'm doing the scale thing although I think I resent you for it. :laugh:

Next week we should do a water challenge. We're doing one at work starting Monday where we got into teams and for ever 8 oz of water we drink we get a point and they're gonna do prizes and stuff.

My teams got this in the bag. Both me and this other girl at work each drink 1.5 1 litre bottles of water a day just at work alone.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

Next week we should do a water challenge. We're doing one at work starting Monday where we got into teams and for ever 8 oz of water we drink we get a point and they're gonna do prizes and stuff.

My teams got this in the bag. Both me and this other girl at work each drink 1.5 1 litre bottles of water a day just at work alone.

I could so use this challenge b/c I do NOT drink enough water!!!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    (Off subject but who knew the panhandle of Florida was very southern speaking. Not me. I live in Lower Alabama, it's just called Florida! LOL)

Are you talking about the panhandle being called the panhandle and not florida? Because I hate that. It's like it's own little country there. It IS still Florida! :wink:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

I could so use this challenge b/c I do NOT drink enough water!!!!

I HATE WATER!! unless it tastes like lemonade! :laugh: :laugh: or if I'm working out!

I really don't drink it!! Wal-Mart does make a lemonade powder that has nothing in it though. I mean no cals no sodium no sugar. I'm sure it's got all kinds of chemicals in it but I LIKE chemicals! (like cool whip!)