BLACK TEAM WEEK 3

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Kati-- the bride is gonna hate you-- NOBODY is supposed to outshine the bride at the wedding.

GOOOOOOOD MORRRRRRNING--

I'm here troops, worry not. I barely had a moment's peace yesterday to post much. PLUS, like an idiot, I let my 17 year old open a Facebook account, now I'm gonna spend my life monitoring it.

This Facebook crud is so freakin' stupid. I had to open an account to get the reunion information for last weekend's high school reunion of mine-- total, TOTAL, sensory overload.

Ahh-- MFP-- there's no place like home. :noway:

Got a decent run in last night, not great-- hubby agreed to let Hope and Abby, 9 and 7, ride their scooter and bike, respectively with us. It was dark and I didn't want to be responsible for them, so he took them with him, but they were at the corner when I was coming through my 3rd lap-- "Mommy, Hi!! Hi Mommy-- Daddy just did his 4th lap-- blah, blah, blah"

Crash and burn went the concentration. I was tired anyway-- stupid, flippin' hormones-- so I just went another small loop and called it a night. 2.6 miles, or so-- not what I wanted, but-- whaddyagonnado.

Rotten mother over here, I resented like heck having them there on the run/walk afterwards-- which is really crappy, because they don't see me as much as they're used to before this friggin' typing ruined everything--

Do I have a bad attitude today? Nahhhhh-- :wink:

Seriously-- all's well-- it is what it is-- just finished my 10am deadline and need to go do the breakfast thing-- and break a few skulls. Already my kids are starting the bickering-- ain't life grand.

Later, cats!

Marla and others with teenagers, let me save you the hastle. Get Keylogger installed on your computer and you can monitor everything they do. That is how I learned my oldest daughter that I adopted was back to doing drugs, boy what a suprise on her face when I would pop up where ever she went after 10pm....lol. Also, popped a drug test on her too. Had to do a major intervention after those episodes, from all my hard work of staying on her @$$, I am proud to say she has been clean, sober, quit smoking, got married and birthed my granddaughter! Just a suggestion, beware sometimes you will see stuff you don't want to see. I still use it on my other kids too.

Already learned the hard way with eldest-- he pulled some surprises on us-- fortunately Daddy always stays a step ahead-- like your daughter, the look on my son's face was priceless when we'd catch him where he shouldn't be--
  • laniirvin
    laniirvin Posts: 94
    Options
    Kati-- the bride is gonna hate you-- NOBODY is supposed to outshine the bride at the wedding.

GOOOOOOOD MORRRRRRNING--

I'm here troops, worry not. I barely had a moment's peace yesterday to post much. PLUS, like an idiot, I let my 17 year old open a Facebook account, now I'm gonna spend my life monitoring it.

This Facebook crud is so freakin' stupid. I had to open an account to get the reunion information for last weekend's high school reunion of mine-- total, TOTAL, sensory overload.

Got a decent run in last night, not great-- hubby agreed to let Hope and Abby, 9 and 7, ride their scooter and bike, respectively with us. It was dark and I didn't want to be responsible for them, so he took them with him, but they were at the corner when I was coming through my 3rd lap-- "Mommy, Hi!! Hi Mommy-- Daddy just did his 4th lap-- blah, blah, blah"

Crash and burn went the concentration. I was tired anyway-- stupid, flippin' hormones-- so I just went another small loop and called it a night. 2.6 miles, or so-- not what I wanted, but-- whaddyagonnado.

Rotten mother over here, I resented like heck having them there on the run/walk afterwards-- which is really crappy, because they don't see me as much as they're used to before this friggin' typing ruined everything--

Seriously-- all's well-- it is what it is-- just finished my 10am deadline and need to go do the breakfast thing-- and break a few skulls. Already my kids are starting the bickering-- ain't life grand.

Later, cats!

Marla and others with teenagers, let me save you the hastle. Get Keylogger installed on your computer and you can monitor everything they do. That is how I learned my oldest daughter that I adopted was back to doing drugs, boy what a suprise on her face when I would pop up where ever she went after 10pm....lol. Also, popped a drug test on her too. Had to do a major intervention after those episodes, from all my hard work of staying on her @$$, I am proud to say she has been clean, sober, quit smoking, got married and birthed my granddaughter! Just a suggestion, beware sometimes you will see stuff you don't want to see. I still use it on my other kids too.

Already learned the hard way with eldest-- he pulled some surprises on us-- fortunately Daddy always stays a step ahead-- like your daughter, the look on my son's face was priceless when we'd catch him where he shouldn't be--

Aren't the looks priceless. At 24 she still thinks I dream about the future and have esp....:laugh:
  • laniirvin
    laniirvin Posts: 94
    Options
    Ok...I am heading to bed after this....I need to read some good omlette idea's for in the morning. I want to know how to do omlettes the healthy way! Any suggestions. I will log on in the morning looking for some ideas! Thanks in advance
  • Marla64
    Options

GOOOOOOOD MORRRRRRNING--

Later, cats!

Aren't the looks priceless. At 24 she still thinks I dream about the future and have esp....:laugh:

Unfortunately for my 14 year old son, we're a tad bit wiser-- once bitten, twice shy-- he can't have a thought without us being all over his butt--

We had one 14 year old kid destroy our lives-- ain't gonna happen again--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm alive again and taking a second to talk up my DSD (dear step daughter Jordan!). She had her 5th grade graduation last night. She is such a good kid. She got an award for a 3.5-3.9 GPA. She got an award for the National Physical Fitness Test (only 4 of 108 kids got that). And she was choosen as the outstanding citizen for the girls out of the whole 5th grade, which is the 108 kids. I'm proud.
    IMG_3778-1.jpg?t=1243593374

The only weird part to the night was having her mom there. We've had Jordan since my DH and I got married. She was only half way through 1st grade. My husband has been gone over half of the 5 years we've been married (AF guy, whatcha gonna do). So, even though it's weird to have her mom there, I have to remind myself I got her here. It's uncomfortable when the slide presentation had pictures of the parent/child lunch and there Jordan and I are smiling big for the camera. I makes me feel uncomfortable, I can only imagine how her mom feels!

I actually thought about kicking my DH last night. Jordan's mom was in the parking lot when we got there, and followed us into the building to sit down. My DH sat on the END of a row. Gee, thanks dear. Wonder who gets to sit beside the ex wife now? I stuck my poor son between me and the ex. Sucks to be 9 and used as a buffer!

Oh the stories I could tell... and these are the days of my life!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I have a confession: I :heart: my bicycle.

I'm afraid I may give up running for cycling. I could go for hours it seems. I plan it like a secret tryst. (Okay, as soon as hubby leaves, I am getting on the bike and I am not coming home until dark. On my day off I am looking forward to sneaking off and putting my nose in the wind and my *kitten* in the saddle to see how far I can go). Oh how I love love love it. I'm pushing as hard as I can, burning more calories than my pathetic little runs. I am going to try to do both. It's fantastic.

The freedom! It's beautiful.

Lynnie, I so agree. We got our bikes out on the road and the wind blowing through my hair, the smile on my face...ahhhhhhh. I like it better than running. Hubby likes running better go figure. Enjoy the rides!!:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Getting carded makes me happy too LOL.

This topic must cease immediately--

it's been too $%#@! long since I've been carded and this topic is offending me--

I'm going to tell Mike on all of you--

Im with you Marla, I cant even remember the last time I was carded:ohwell: :laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm alive again and taking a second to talk up my DSD (dear step daughter Jordan!). She had her 5th grade graduation last night. She is such a good kid. She got an award for a 3.5-3.9 GPA. She got an award for the National Physical Fitness Test (only 4 of 108 kids got that). And she was choosen as the outstanding citizen for the girls out of the whole 5th grade, which is the 108 kids. I'm proud.
    IMG_3778-1.jpg?t=1243593374

The only weird part to the night was having her mom there. We've had Jordan since my DH and I got married. She was only half way through 1st grade. My husband has been gone over half of the 5 years we've been married (AF guy, whatcha gonna do). So, even though it's weird to have her mom there, I have to remind myself I got her here. It's uncomfortable when the slide presentation had pictures of the parent/child lunch and there Jordan and I are smiling big for the camera. I makes me feel uncomfortable, I can only imagine how her mom feels!

I actually thought about kicking my DH last night. Jordan's mom was in the parking lot when we got there, and followed us into the building to sit down. My DH sat on the END of a row. Gee, thanks dear. Wonder who gets to sit beside the ex wife now? I stuck my poor son between me and the ex. Sucks to be 9 and used as a buffer!

Oh the stories I could tell... and these are the days of my life!

Great pic of you Lori! You really look great! SO much to be proud of with Jordan:smile: Shes a beautiful young lady:flowerforyou: We had my youngest son's 8th grade graduation last night, but I havent gotten any pics on the computer yet...hopefully this weekend (Im a puter nerd when it comes to all that stuff lol)
    Oh, and thanks for the kick in hiney about losing ONLY 99.4 lbs!:laugh: You are completely right. What I have done is an amazing accomplishment and the person I am today (on the outside and the inside both) is a much better and happier person than I was 8 months ago. Thank you for helping me to see that:blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Getting carded makes me happy too LOL.

This topic must cease immediately--

it's been too $%#@! long since I've been carded and this topic is offending me--

I'm going to tell Mike on all of you--

Im with you Marla, I cant even remember the last time I was carded:ohwell: :laugh:

I am 26 years old & have never been carded in my LIFE! EVER! :grumble: My MIL got carded 2 weeks ago.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Lori - You must be SO proud! What an outstanding list of accomplishments! WTG, Step-mommy!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Roni, no problem, glad you realized you did it and are proud of where you are. 8th grade, we'll have one of those graduations next year, and then the next and then the next.... :laugh:

My DH and I were just talking about that last night. Our kids combined give us stair steps in grades. It's the oldest 3 one right after the other and then a 1 year break and then the baby. I may need to get a job to afford all these teenagers! I also may as well take out stock in hair dye. No wait, I already need that!

My hair needed the roots done this week, I've got a lot of grey and my kids kept casually mentioning it. In other words, they were saying my hair was embarrassing, please dye it before my friends see it. It's great to be that embarrassing creature that our parents once were to us.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Just got done doing my wii active challange I am on day 7 of 20 and boy it kicks my tail everytime I do it, but feel fabulous afterward, I am did 100 crunches when I was done with my workout. I think I may got for a run in a bit, but have to take my very pregnant friend to the mall to find a coming home outfit for the princess on the way...She is dilated to a 3 and 70 percent so, she could go anytime. but she is still 6 weeks out from duedate...Her son also came 6 weeks early so could be anytime. I am so so so so excited
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Just got done doing my wii active challange I am on day 7 of 20 and boy it kicks my tail everytime I do it, but feel fabulous afterward, I am did 100 crunches when I was done with my workout. I think I may got for a run in a bit, but have to take my very pregnant friend to the mall to find a coming home outfit for the princess on the way...She is dilated to a 3 and 70 percent so, she could go anytime. but she is still 6 weeks out from duedate...Her son also came 6 weeks early so could be anytime. I am so so so so excited

Great job on the Wii active. We are hoping to pick that up at some point. That's so exciting about your friend! Have fun!

:drinker:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Great job spyguy on your 100 pounds I am so proud and it is such an accomplishment, I am training for a half marathon now in Oct, this will be my first and hopefully not my last.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    As Sam would say - OH EM GEE! I get on this morning about 4 pages behind! I don't remember who said what so I'll just comment by topic. :laugh:

getting carded - I haven't bought alcohol for a while. But when I do, I get carded. I look annoyingly young. Two years ago when Dave and I were buying alcohol for our wedding, he went to pay (after not getting carded) but forgot his wallet. So I paid. They asked for my license, looked back and forth between it and me several times, and then took it over to some machine to swipe it to make sure it wasn't a fake! :grumble: There's also the time about a year and a half ago. I was pregnant with Harley but not showing yet. My mom, dad, Dave, and I went to Olive Garden. The waitress came over and asked "Would any of the ADULTS like some wine?" My mom thought it was hilarious. Me, not so much. :grumble: My mom, in between laughing her butt off, said, "That'd be all of us." Then the lady went on and on about how I only looked 16, I'll appreciate it when I'm older, blah, blah, blah. Again: :grumble:

catching kids doing bad things - Luckily Dave was a bad kid. He got into lots of trouble as a teen. So when our kids are teenagers, they won't be able to get away with anything. He's done it all and will know what to look for.

Crap, I forget the rest. Sorry!

Edit: Oh! Other Lori :laugh: Congrats about your s.d. You must be so proud. P.S. She looks like you in that pic!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I :heart: my black team!!! It took me almost thirty minutes to catch up on this thread!! Sheesh! Congrats on everyone's weight loss! After reading all the posts I am now home sick for the beach and I grew up in Key West.....:frown: Miss it everyday. I am planning a summer vacation there or fall break...probably fall break so I can go to Fantasy Fest. I have been working out and having a problem not eating enough the last few days. What is wrong with me? I am short the 1200 min calories for the day, so I am eating some choc/mint rice cakes and yogurt.

Vanessa I feel you with the leg pain. I am about to scream. I keep pushing through it, telling myself when I lose more weight maybe it will get better. I did start at 275, I'm a big girl for these short legs. I did have to quit my C25ker. My knees couldn't take it anymore. What is funny is I don't get out of breath I could run forever if it wasn't for my knees. I am continuing with a 3.0 walk for an hour five days a week. I am fixing to add strength training to my excersise routine. Hopefully that will help. Doc told me to add some strength training to my legs and it would help. We will see. I just ice the crap out of them and take plenty of goody powders.

Well, goodnight everyone....granted I think everyone is already in bed:cry: What can I say I am a night owl. See everyone tomorrow!!

Lelani. Two words.
    BI-cycle! BI-cycle! No impact on the knees.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Okay-- to hell with the scale challenge--

I want my ticker back-- I got one pound back this morning-- so I had to post just to see it.

Freakin' scale-- :grumble:

Grocery shopping day-- fun, fun, fun-- :noway:

Later, cats!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I have a confession: I :heart: my bicycle.

I'm afraid I may give up running for cycling. I could go for hours it seems. I plan it like a secret tryst. (Okay, as soon as hubby leaves, I am getting on the bike and I am not coming home until dark. On my day off I am looking forward to sneaking off and putting my nose in the wind and my *kitten* in the saddle to see how far I can go). Oh how I love love love it. I'm pushing as hard as I can, burning more calories than my pathetic little runs. I am going to try to do both. It's fantastic.

The freedom! It's beautiful.

Lynnie, if you pick up swimming too, we could do triathalons together..

*just trying to catch up on the 5 pages I've missed..*
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    OH EM GEE with the FREAKIN scale challenge.

I just wanna see!!!!!! :sad: :sad:
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Me too Sam. I love my baseball.

I'm doing the scale thing although I think I resent you for it. :laugh:

Next week we should do a water challenge. We're doing one at work starting Monday where we got into teams and for ever 8 oz of water we drink we get a point and they're gonna do prizes and stuff.

My teams got this in the bag. Both me and this other girl at work each drink 1.5 1 litre bottles of water a day just at work alone.

I could so use this challenge b/c I do NOT drink enough water!!!!

I HATE WATER!! unless it tastes like lemonade! :laugh: :laugh: or if I'm working out!

I really don't drink it!! Wal-Mart does make a lemonade powder that has nothing in it though. I mean no cals no sodium no sugar. I'm sure it's got all kinds of chemicals in it but I LIKE chemicals! (like cool whip!)

I have been trying to drink more water but at the end of the work evening I still end up buying a soft drink and that is SOOOO bad!! :blushing: I need to figure out how to get off of them again and I do drink some Crystal Light thru the day, too.

Crystal light has calories though the kind from walmart doesn't. That is why I like it!:bigsmile:

Oh Sam I know but I never make it to Walmart! Don't make me feel bad about those 10 calories once in a while....pweezeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hehe!! :bigsmile: It's only once in a blue moon, I promise!:flowerforyou:

Oh IDK what you drink! :wink: I just won't drink it cause the calories aren't worth it to me! :laugh: :laugh:

I know I'm way far behind everyone else, but my internet connection has been down all week.:mad:

Crystal Light has some new products out. One is called Metabolism + & I think the flavor is Peach Mango Tea. Has anyone tried it yet?:drinker: