BLACK TEAM WEEK 3

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Well, I'm back. I did a 20 minute walk/jog. Walk 2 minutes, jog 1. I did pretty good. Had to stop a little early on a couple of the jogs cuz i was going up hills.

I also found out the hard way why they call Hill Street Hill street... That was fun.

My shins are officially on fire.

They can't like break or anything, right? I mean, it's safe to push through the pain, right?

Whew. That felt awesome though.

Just be careful and make you stretch them really well; if you push too much it will get much worse and lead to shin splints. Glad you enjoyed your workout though!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    I have a confession: I :heart: my bicycle.

I'm afraid I may give up running for cycling. I could go for hours it seems. I plan it like a secret tryst. (Okay, as soon as hubby leaves, I am getting on the bike and I am not coming home until dark. On my day off I am looking forward to sneaking off and putting my nose in the wind and my *kitten* in the saddle to see how far I can go). Oh how I love love love it. I'm pushing as hard as I can, burning more calories than my pathetic little runs. I am going to try to do both. It's fantastic.

The freedom! It's beautiful.

That's what it's all about, missy-- finding what you love and going for it--

I'm happy you love your Bi-cycle!

You know everytime you type it you sing it in your head. BI-cycle! BI-cycle! I know you do, because every time I read it I sing it in my head.
    (dang it!)

This must be a generation thing, 'cause I have no clue what y'all are talking about.

Old song by Queen--

And watch the "generation thing" talk, there whippersnapper-- or I'll hit you with my cane. :angry:
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Well, I'm back. I did a 20 minute walk/jog. Walk 2 minutes, jog 1. I did pretty good. Had to stop a little early on a couple of the jogs cuz i was going up hills.

I also found out the hard way why they call Hill Street Hill street... That was fun.

They can't like break or anything, right? I mean, it's safe to push through the pain, right?

Just be careful and make you stretch them really well; if you push too much it will get much worse and lead to shin splints. Glad you enjoyed your workout though!

See that's the thing. Already HAVE shin splints fromt he last walk/jog. I'm incredibly prone to them. That's why I quit working out last time and gained all my weight back and then some. The only difference this time is that I'm driven enough to work through the pain and not use it as an excuse. I went to the doctor last year for it and I felt kinda dumb doing that. :blushing:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member

I'm afraid I may give up running for cycling. I could go for hours it seems. I plan it like a secret tryst. (Okay, as soon as hubby leaves, I am getting on the bike and I am not coming home until dark. On my day off I am looking forward to sneaking off and putting my nose in the wind and my *kitten* in the saddle to see how far I can go). Oh how I love love love it. I'm pushing as hard as I can, burning more calories than my pathetic little runs. I am going to try to do both. It's fantastic.

You know everytime you type it you sing it in your head. BI-cycle! BI-cycle! I know you do, because every time I read it I sing it in my head.
    (dang it!)

This must be a generation thing, 'cause I have no clue what y'all are talking about.

Me either!
  • SatelliteCrush80

(dang it!)

Old song by Queen--

And watch the "generation thing" talk, there whippersnapper-- or I'll hit you with my cane. :angry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! DON"T HIT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know only a handful of Queen songs, but that's not one of them. However, I will say that "Fat Bottomed Girls" is one of my favorite songs ever, even though the bottom is less fat now. :laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80

See that's the thing. Already HAVE shin splints fromt he last walk/jog. I'm incredibly prone to them. That's why I quit working out last time and gained all my weight back and then some. The only difference this time is that I'm driven enough to work through the pain and not use it as an excuse. I went to the doctor last year for it and I felt kinda dumb doing that. :blushing:

Gotcha..I haven't really had too much trouble with them, (knock on wood) so I am really not sure what else to suggest to you.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Ok Hello fellow teammates! I have missed you all today while I was at work! I don't get to use the internet there and I find myself constantly wondering what the topic(s) of the day are!

Marla-I like Queen but for the life of me that song doesn't ring a bell. And I like old music and new music so I won't crack on anyones age.

Vanessa- I love the cute new pic!! It is sexy too!!

Lynnie-I bought a very very expensive camera and I love :heart: love:heart: love :heart: taking photos. One of my best friends is a professional photographer and helped me out so I got a camera like hers and it's wonderful! I will take everyone's pic. So let's plan a vacation together so we can take lots of cool photos!

Janie-I hope you start feeling better soon!!!

I didn't weigh myself this morning but that was so hard considering I am so addicted and I am like Lori, I get up, go pee, and strip down and jump on there. This morning I avoided it like the plague!! I worked 12 hours today and spent over 2 hours picking up and carrying heavy rolls of fabric and I am wore out a little more than usual. Came home, sat on the couch beside hubby, laid my head on his chest and dozed right off! Got up 2 minutes to go out to pet the cats!! Hope you are all doing great!!!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,958 Member
    I'm gonna have to dust off my Bi-cycle!

Passion - gotta love it!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I will take everyone's pic. So let's plan a vacation together so we can take lots of cool photos!

Somewhere warm with a beach, please! :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member

I stretch and then put on ice (when i am not tearing my soleus muscle:blushing: )

I have the same issue! you go girl! and up hill taboot....WOOT!:flowerforyou:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member

Passion - gotta love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CTPLUcQAjk
  • SatelliteCrush80
    I will take everyone's pic. So let's plan a vacation together so we can take lots of cool photos!

AGREED!
  • arewethereyet
    In the infamous words of our fearless leader

OH EM GEE!!

I can not WAIT to work out! Who woulda thunk 1 year ago next week, that I, Jeannie Bo Beannie would MISS exercise as if it is the very air I breath.

I am addicted! Addicted I say! I am in the bathroom at work doing 1 legged squats and push ups.

I was moving like speedy gonzalez on my crutches...........anything the make my heart beat faster.

I can not WAIT to get back to the gym!!!

:heart: Jeannie:heart:
  • arewethereyet

HELLO!!! Over HERE!!!

I gotz the beach and it was 90 degrees today!!

:glasses:
  • arewethereyet

Passion - gotta love it!

Hi Lynnie, didnt you just buy a new one?
  • arewethereyet

Passion - gotta love it!

Hi Lynnie, didnt you just buy a new one?

Oh and here ya go.......paparazzi lynnie~~
    smileforthecamera.gif
  • lynniejones
    You can also find it on my myspace profile lol

http://www.myspace.com/lynniejones
  • lynniejones
    In the infamous words of our fearless leader

OH EM GEE!!

I can not WAIT to work out! Who woulda thunk 1 year ago next week, that I, Jeannie Bo Beannie would MISS exercise as if it is the very air I breath.

I am addicted! Addicted I say! I am in the bathroom at work doing 1 legged squats and push ups.

I was moving like speedy gonzalez on my crutches...........anything the make my heart beat faster.

I can not WAIT to get back to the gym!!!

:heart: Jeannie:heart:

Jeannie my love you are my inspiration and amazing and awesome. And if I go to Key
    West like my dream in the next couple of years I am *so* stopping on my way down, mkay?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member

(dang it!)

Old song by Queen--

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! DON"T HIT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know only a handful of Queen songs, but that's not one of them. However, I will say that "Fat Bottomed Girls" is one of my favorite songs ever, even though the bottom is less fat now. :laugh:

You goofball-- that's the song I'm talking about--
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member

HELLO!!! Over HERE!!!

I gotz the beach and it was 90 degrees today!!

:glasses:

I am sooo ready for a nice beach trip!! I deserve a vacation!! Don't we all!
This discussion has been closed.