BLACK TEAM WEEK 3

Options

Replies

• krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?? I'm gonna do yard work!! Yuck..my least favorite chore. At least I will burn some calories, i guess. Anything to try and boost my excitement:grumble: :grumble: !

I mowed the lawn on tuesday and burnt 922 calories!!! Think of yard work like that!

My weekends are always the same as the week. Hubby works at a hotel so he HAS to work weekends unless he asks for one off.

So, when do ya both get a fun day together..I'm sure your pretty busy with school/ homework during the week, right?

I'm lucky enough that my kids are still young almost 3 and almost 1 and I'm the one in school. We try to get my mom to watch the girls 1 day a week so we can go to the movies or something like that. We don't get out much other then that.

I know it can be pretty tough. Glad to hear you do have date nights sometimes!! How is your school schedule??

one night a week for 2 hours and an online class. Next semester my 2 classes are at the school and one is like 4 hours long. :grumble:

Got to get it done if I want to have some sort of career!

I go p/t also (except the last semester I took off), I want to finish my degree and become a CPA. I'm now a single mom and work full time as a Office Mgr., too

My daugher Carlie is 11 and goes to swim practice m-f for 2 hours each practice after school..my Mom takes her and I pick her up after work. If I didn't have my family here she wouldn't be able to since I don't have opportunities to leave work very often!

It has many pros and cons, because it can be tough to schedule everything but it is definitely worth it. I know I couldn't do it without the help of my family. The only reason I moved back to my home town 3 years ago and gained even more weight... I'm just not happy here. Its a means to an end and hope to move either back to Boise or maybe Spokane summer 2010.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    27 minutes to freedom, kids...I can't wait to get out that door!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    27 minutes to freedom, kids...I can't wait to get out that door!

146fs495919.gif
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I go p/t also (except the last semester I took off), I want to finish my degree and become a CPA. I'm now a single mom and work full time as a Office Mgr., too

My daugher Carlie is 11 and goes to swim practice m-f for 2 hours each practice after school..my Mom takes her and I pick her up after work. If I didn't have my family here she wouldn't be able to since I don't have opportunities to leave work very often!

It has many pros and cons, because it can be tough to schedule everything but it is definitely worth it. I know I couldn't do it without the help of my family. The only reason I moved back to my home town 3 years ago and gained even more weight... I'm just not happy here. Its a means to an end and hope to move either back to Boise or maybe Spokane summer 2010.

I know what you mean, not liking where you live. Hubby is from NY and we would never be were we are now if we didn't move from there. We own our own house and have two great girls but my mom and his aunt are the only family we have here. Everyone is up north and as soon as the market gets better or if he can find a great job up there we are outta here! I absolutely hate living so far away from family.
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    T minus 1 hour. :angry:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I just mowed the grass. Dave usually does it but it's nice outside and I needed a workout. So he let me do it.

50 minutes = 425 calories. As a bonus, I got stressed out over a clippings bag that kept falling off, 4 blisters on my fingers, and dog poo on my shoe. :noway: :grumble: I told Dave he gets his mowing back!

When I was coming back into the house, I saw a guy walking his dog, let the dog poop right in front of our yard. I just stood there and looked at him. He started to walk away and then saw me and stopped. I asked, "Do you need a bag?" :huh: He was like, "Uh, yeah." So I gave him a poop bag (We have dogs so we have a bunch.) and he cleaned it up. I saw him let his dog poop in the parking lot of the fire department and not clean it up the other day. :grumble: That drives me crazy!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, must be he has wild dogs and they go free and in the wild. Really rude to do that in folks lawns..

You got a good workout in though - way to go.
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    When I was coming back into the house, I saw a guy walking his dog, let the dog poop right in front of our yard. I just stood there and looked at him. He started to walk away and then saw me and stopped. I asked, "Do you need a bag?" :huh: He was like, "Uh, yeah." So I gave him a poop bag (We have dogs so we have a bunch.) and he cleaned it up. I saw him let his dog poop in the parking lot of the fire department and not clean it up the other day. :grumble: That drives me crazy!

I'm with ya...that is so rude!! People in general can be sooo ignorant.

Great job on the burned calories...that will be me this weekend!:smile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I just mowed the grass. Dave usually does it but it's nice outside and I needed a workout. So he let me do it.

50 minutes = 425 calories. As a bonus, I got stressed out over a clippings bag that kept falling off, 4 blisters on my fingers, and dog poo on my shoe. :noway: :grumble: I told Dave he gets his mowing back!

Coulda been worse--

The guy coulda pooped on your lawn--

Silver lining right there--

:wink:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big pink fan. I love purple. When we were buying stuff for Harley, I tried to buy anything but pink. It's hard! Most baby stuff is pink or blue! But I've started to like it a little better. Now she has a good bit of pink in her closet.

I'm a blue/ green type of girl. When my daughter got married her main color was pink. Amazing how it grows on you.:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Got my workouts in for the day, and I'm ready for some down time. TGIF...Have a good weekend Black Team :heart:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I'm not a big pink fan. I love purple. When we were buying stuff for Harley, I tried to buy anything but pink. It's hard! Most baby stuff is pink or blue! But I've started to like it a little better. Now she has a good bit of pink in her closet.

I'm a blue/ green type of girl. When my daughter got married her main color was pink. Amazing how it grows on you.:laugh: :bigsmile:

I did pink and raspberry. It was so much fun. We did strawberry jelly beans in the flower vases instead of rocks and we gave raspberry chocolate truffles for our favors. I adore pink!!
  • janiebeth
    Options
    I haven't been able to exercise all week (because of the sinus infection - actually really hard to breath in general) and am terrified that the scale will be unkind on Weds.

:devil: :explode: :devil: :mad:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I haven't been able to exercise all week (because of the sinus infection - actually really hard to breath in general) and am terrified that the scale will be unkind on Weds.

Just remember you have been sick and don't beat yourself up about it!:heart:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Lori. While reading the story to follow just keep in mind that I adore my neighbor lady. But she stands at the edge of her yard and let's the leash all the way out for her dog to poop in my yard. She has a huge yard. Remember I adore her though. So, good fences make good neighbors and ours is half way completed. I could rant, but my dogs go out to potty off a leash. They do a good job of staying in our yard but I'm sure they have laid an egg on her lawn once or twice. So, the fence will be good for them. Sammi the boxer/beagle mix will love to be able to be out unsupervised. Now, the smelly little scale crapping Chichipoo, at under three pounds, will not be able to stay out. I'm afraid the chickenhawks will get her. OH also the fence is going to come in handy with our SWIMMING POOL! That's right we finally took the plunge. I'm super excited!!!!!! Installation within 20 days.

OoOOOooo guess what else? I rode my BI-cycle 14.6 miles today. I'm feeling like a fat burning machine. I can't wait to see my number on Wednesday. If it still has not moved I am going to :sad: .

Well I am going to go flat iron my hair. Me and darling sissy Supagurl are getting all gussied up and going Karaoke tonight. Maybe we will get some fun pics for you guys.

Lynnie the Pooh
  • janiebeth
    Options

Just remember you have been sick and don't beat yourself up about it!:heart:

I will, just ticked off because my jeans are tight again - makes me cranky :grumble: :grumble:
  • janiebeth
    Options

Lori. While reading the story to follow just keep in mind that I adore my neighbor lady. But she stands at the edge of her yard and let's the leash all the way out for her dog to poop in my yard. She has a huge yard. Remember I adore her though. So, good fences make good neighbors and ours is half way completed. I could rant, but my dogs go out to potty off a leash. They do a good job of staying in our yard but I'm sure they have laid an egg on her lawn once or twice. So, the fence will be good for them. Sammi the boxer/beagle mix will love to be able to be out unsupervised. Now, the smelly little scale crapping Chichipoo, at under three pounds, will not be able to stay out. I'm afraid the chickenhawks will get her. OH also the fence is going to come in handy with our SWIMMING POOL! That's right we finally took the plunge. I'm super excited!!!!!! Installation within 20 days.

OoOOOooo guess what else? I rode my BI-cycle 14.6 miles today. I'm feeling like a fat burning machine. I can't wait to see my number on Wednesday. If it still has not moved I am going to :sad: .

Well I am going to go flat iron my hair. Me and darling sissy Supagurl are getting all gussied up and going Karaoke tonight. Maybe we will get some fun pics for you guys.

Lynnie the Pooh

Awesome on the pool Lynnie, and the bicycling - you are a biking animal..

Have fun at Karaoke, and definitely post some pics.

I am going to put this sick head to bed early tonight - maybe it will help.

Nite all. Janie
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Night Janie sweetie. Feel better
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Hey all!!

I have to warn you.. I'm feelilng pretty tired tonight. maybe it's just because i had a hard day at work and I'll perk up later.

I have to burn at least 115 calories to stay in my goal, but I might not do more. We'll see. It'll be ok though cuz I have lots planned for this weekend.

I'm gonna go chill on the couch for a while and try to un-tire myself. I'll check in later!!
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Lynnie the Pooh

I thought your little dog only pooped on your scale? As long as your neighbor lady doesn't leave scales laying all around in her yard, she should be good.