• cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Cindy,

Thanks for the help! It worked!
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Cindy, thanks! I most def will! I really want definition in my arms. I'm gonna start tonight. :smile:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    leaving the office and thought I would check in to help me keep my promise - tonight on the way home I am going to drive around my neighborhood, a couple of diff routes, to checks my distance and have the option of varying my routes. I am also stopping at walgreens to get my pedometer to use during the day as well.
    On tonight's fitness menu - cardio/strength dvd - the Firm hardcore fusion -63min + Ab Jam, this killer ab w/o from TJ- only 20 min but it's the best I've ever tried~ challenging and fun. Possibly will walk after dinner - depending on my energy and what else is going on.
    Does anyone wear ankle weights when they walk? I was wondering b/c I am going to start using mine to up the ante a little bit.

Happy Fitness

Janet:heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Cindy,

Thanks for the help! It worked!
    Your welcome. I'm happy to help. :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Hey dragonfly! My best friend wears ankle weights a lot. She wears them to the grocery store lol and to walk for exercise. She says she sees a lot more definition with them on. I was actually thinking about getting some.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi walkers- 5 miles for me today in 83 minutes, :smile: I swam for an hour and did 53 push ups & 96 squats. :smile: I hope everyone had a great day. Nighty night- Cindy :heart:

Hi Cindy,

I started doing the hundred pushups this week, too. I know that you're probably farther along than I am, but I swear it is SO hard for me!!! I have hubby help me out (he's a former Marine and will only count the ones that are correct). :tongue: However, I couldn't even do one real pushup, so I'm working on the girly ones right now. I'm in column 2. After I get through the six weeks in column 2, I'll probably test again (doing the girly ones) and do another 6 weeks. THEN I'll test doing the real pushups and see where I can go from there. :smile:

So today is Week 1, Day 3 and I did 43 pushups. I was trying to max at 12 on the last one, but my arms gave out. :ohwell: I said to hubby that I might have to do Day 3 all over again on Saturday and he said no way. Well. I guess the Marine has spoken! :laugh:

Kid, I think you'll have fun doing the pushups thing. It's hard but I'm surprising myself with how well I'm doing. Of course, "the girls" are there to tell me how far to go (i.e., when they hit the ground, my upper arms are parallel to the deck :wink: ) and then I can just bounce up off of them!!!! :laugh: Yeah right! If only "the girls" could give me so much momentum to make push-ups easier!!! :bigsmile:

Cheers to all of you! Can't wait to check in tomorrow! :drinker:
    Deborah

P.S. Way to go, dragonfly! Remember, this whole walking thing starts with "baby steps"! :wink:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi walkers- 5 miles for me today in 83 minutes, :smile: I swam for an hour and did 53 push ups & 96 squats. :smile: I hope everyone had a great day. Nighty night- Cindy :heart:

Hi Cindy,

I started doing the hundred pushups this week, too. I know that you're probably farther along than I am, but I swear it is SO hard for me!!! I have hubby help me out (he's a former Marine and will only count the ones that are correct). :tongue: However, I couldn't even do one real pushup, so I'm working on the girly ones right now. I'm in column 2. After I get through the six weeks in column 2, I'll probably test again (doing the girly ones) and do another 6 weeks. THEN I'll test doing the real pushups and see where I can go from there. :smile:

So today is Week 1, Day 3 and I did 43 pushups. I was trying to max at 12 on the last one, but my arms gave out. :ohwell: I said to hubby that I might have to do Day 3 all over again on Saturday and he said no way. Well. I guess the Marine has spoken! :laugh:

Kid, I think you'll have fun doing the pushups thing. It's hard but I'm surprising myself with how well I'm doing. Of course, "the girls" are there to tell me how far to go (i.e., when they hit the ground, my upper arms are parallel to the deck :wink: ) and then I can just bounce up off of them!!!! :laugh: Yeah right! If only "the girls" could give me so much momentum to make push-ups easier!!! :bigsmile:

Cheers to all of you! Can't wait to check in tomorrow! :drinker:
    Deborah

P.S. Way to go, dragonfly! Remember, this whole walking thing starts with "baby steps"! :wink:
    Deborah, It is great hugh? I'm on week 2 of the push up and squat challenges. I too do the girly push ups. I cross my legs behind me and balance on my knees with my feet in the air. I'm doing column 2 also. I'm on day 3 tomorrow. I love the squats ! Have you checked that out too? Your oh so lucky to have a Marine for a dh. I would love to have one to give me workout advice. :smile: Have fun- Cindy :heart:
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    i'm in..i love to walk..i did 30mins..tonight...
  • stratdl
    Options
    Deborah, It is great hugh? I'm on week 2 of the push up and squat challenges. I too do the girly push ups. I cross my legs behind me and balance on my knees with my feet in the air. I'm doing column 2 also. I'm on day 3 tomorrow. I love the squats ! Have you checked that out too? Your oh so lucky to have a Marine for a dh. I would love to have one to give me workout advice. :smile: Have fun- Cindy :heart:

Yeah, Cindy, this push-up thing is AWESOME! I haven't done the squats yet--I just saw you post on that recently, so I'll have to check it out. :happy:

Well, the reason I'm NOT on week 2 is that my Marine DH irritated me so much for the first time I tried to do week 1 that I had to wait a week. This man is so fit (he's on here too and will occasionally post--he goes by Treadly) that sometimes he forgets that those of us who are not as fit have to start slower. But he's learning. And he's also very motivating. I just look at him and think that I want to have his physical fitness level! ...but I don't want his nutrition level! That man is ALWAYS eating--CARBS!!!! Not because he's hungry, either. It's because he just wants food! At least I've gotten him to start eating more protein. I'm hoping he'll gradually cut down on the carbs, but I'm not sure. :frown:

Anyway, overall, it is nice to have a partner for these push-ups--this guy is a push-up machine! :laugh:

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah
  • stratdl
    Options
    i'm in..i love to walk..i did 30mins..tonight...

Welcome lynnie!!! :flowerforyou:

Deborah
  • stratdl
    Options
    Hey all!

arewethereyet posted on another thread (just minutes ago!!!) that there's a webpage called mapyourrun.com in which you can map your route and get the distance!!!

I haven't looked at it yet, but I thought I'd pass it along!

Deborah
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey All,
    Checking back in opted for my ab w/o and a 30 min walk w/ my wrist and ankle weights - really feeing it in glutes and rear - exactly what I was hoping for. Did 2 miles, yea! Also found a pretty decent pedometer that I am going to wear on my hip during the day just for grins - might encourage me to keep moving. I was curious about how to calculate this walking thing and I found a great site you all might want to check out : about.com - there's a whole section on walking and maping out runs, calculating target heart rate - just about anyhting you could want!

Hoping you guys are all good; enjoy the rest of the nite w/ your famlies!

Janet:heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Whelp, didn't get in any walking tonight. I did the 30 day shred as usual tho. I'm on day 2 level 2. It's so hard. I hope I see I difference by the 30th day!

I work a ton this weekend so hopefully I can find time to go to the gym!!!

Hope everyone has a good night:flowerforyou:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hey all!

arewethereyet posted on another thread (just minutes ago!!!) that there's a webpage called mapyourrun.com in which you can map your route and get the distance!!!

I haven't looked at it yet, but I thought I'd pass it along!

Deborah

I was just looking for it. fyi - it's mapmyrun.com
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I do believe it's check in day.

My total exercise mins for this week was 316.

Walking mins:
    Friday: 41 mins
    Sat: 19 mins
    Sun: 18 mins
    Tues: 60 mins
  • stratdl
    Options
    Checking in:

Day 1, Friday, 06/12/09 - 36 minutes walking
    Day 2, Saturday, 06/13/09 - 64 minutes walking
    Day 3, Sunday, 06/14/09 - 60 minutes walking
    Day 4, Monday, 06/15/09 - 47 minutes walking
    Day 5, Wednesday, 06/17/09 - 51 minutes walking
    Day 6, Thursday, 06/18/09 - 51 minutes walking

Note that, on Tuesday, I worked out on the elliptical for 36 minutes. :happy:

Cheers to you all! :drinker: & Happy Friday! :flowerforyou:
    Deborah
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi team- My total walking minutes this week= 475- I walked 5 miles last Friday- 6 miles Saturday- 5 miles Monday- 5 miles Tuesday- 5 miles Wednesday and 3 miles on Thursday. I will update ya all on my weight this Sunday. I did have a great thing happen last night. I started in March of this year in a sz 28. I bought jeans last night in sz 22 and they fit nicely. I bet in 2 or 3 weeks I'll be able to fit in to a sz 20. I just love it !!!! Have a great day everyone ! Cindy :heart:
  • stratdl
    Options
    I did have a great thing happen last night. I started in March of this year in a sz 28. I bought jeans last night in sz 22 and they fit nicely. I bet in 2 or 3 weeks I'll be able to fit in to a sz 20. I just love it !!!! Have a great day everyone ! Cindy :heart:

Way to go, Cindy!!! :flowerforyou: I'm so proud of you!!! :bigsmile:

Deborah
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    I did have a great thing happen last night. I started in March of this year in a sz 28. I bought jeans last night in sz 22 and they fit nicely. I bet in 2 or 3 weeks I'll be able to fit in to a sz 20. I just love it !!!! Have a great day everyone ! Cindy :heart:

Way to go, Cindy!!! :flowerforyou: I'm so proud of you!!! :bigsmile:

Deborah
    Thanks Deborah :flowerforyou: Have a great day ! Cindy :heart:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Hey everybody!

Just checking in my walking times this week.

Sunday - 45 mins.
    Tuesday - 20 mins.
    Wednesday - 45 mins.
    Saturday - I will do at least 40 mins. walking/jogging
    Sunday - I will do at least 40 mins. walking/jogging

I also did Turbo Jam workouts this week as well.
    Monday - 45 mins. Cardio Party
    Tuesday - 30 mins. Fat Blaster
    Wednesday - Too tired from my walk with Brynlee (my 18 mo. old) :laugh:
    Thursday - 45 mins. Cardio Party
    Friday - I will do 30 mins. Fat Blaster
    Saturday - I will do 45 mins. Cardio Party

BTW - I lost another 2 lbs. this week! I went to the store last night and purchased a pair of new size 14 jeans (I had the kiddos with me so I did not try them on). When I put them on to wear this morning, I realized they were way too big and now I have to return them for a smaller size!! :bigsmile: