Beginners Walking Challenge

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    haha that's awesome. Anything works! I always do weird stuff and my family or random ppl outside will look at my funny. I'll have to give that a try :smile:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everybody,
    Happy Friday and Happy 4th, Woo Hoo!! Took the day off today and just finished my walk -4mi/ 45min. It was really nice to get it done early for a change . Nice and cool .......well cooler! I'll sure take 80 over 95-100!!
    Stratdl -That sounds like a pretty cool way to up your intensity. Right now I just wear 1lb wrist weights on my arms and i am concentrating on my form. I try to be sure my stride is good and I make sure i get good range of motion in my arms. I feel it in glutes, hamstrings and in my arms! My be I give the jumping jack walk a try - I know my neighbors will get a kick out of it!

Ok, Checking in for the week:
    Walking minutes - 300 TJ minutes - 80 380 exercise minutes this week (so far)

I still need to weigh in and take my measurements for the month - will report back later on that.
    I will probably get in a TJ dvd before the day is over - The 20 minute one really gets my heart rate up, gets me really sweaty, seems to move all my muscle groups, and is just plain ole fun! I hope all are doing well and excited about the day!
    If anyone knows of something I can bring to a BBQ that is reasonably healthy and tasty, please let me know. We're going to friends tomorrow and not sure what's on the menu - probably standard cook out fare - any suggestions so I don't completely blow it?

ttyl,
    Janet:heart:
  • jenniferscheller
    jenniferscheller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey! is it okay if I join your group? I walk almost everyday to the grocery store and back through a nice walking trail in the park close to my house. :smile: I push my twins in their double stroller and I about to get a toddler carrier so i can take my daughter along and so i can burn more calories by carrying her.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    If anyone knows of something I can bring to a BBQ that is reasonably healthy and tasty, please let me know. We're going to friends tomorrow and not sure what's on the menu - probably standard cook out fare - any suggestions so I don't completely blow it?

You bet I do!!! Go to the Recipes section and look for Cooking Light Broccoli Salad. It's super-yummy delish!!! :love: I have also made the Cooking Light Herbed Potato Salad. That one's also super-yummy delish! :love:
    Hey! is it okay if I join your group? I walk almost everyday to the grocery store and back through a nice walking trail in the park close to my house. :smile: I push my twins in their double stroller and I about to get a toddler carrier so i can take my daughter along and so i can burn more calories by carrying her.

Come on in and join us!!! The more the merrier!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Hey! Of it's def ok for you to join our group! Welcome to our walking challenge. I hope you enjoy this thread as much as we do.
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hey everyone - just checking in. I think I only walked once this week - I did one of the Leslie Sansone Walking DVDs for 30 minutes. I've been cramming for midterms and just haven't exercised much. So - who is going to start this new thread?? Or is there a new one and I just missed it?
  • stratdl
    Options
    Hi All!

Checking in for our *final* check-in of this inaugural 6-week "Session":

Day 1: Friday, June 26 - Walking, 35 minutes
    Day 2: Sunday, June 28 - Walking, 40 minutes
    Day 3: Monday, June 29 - Walking, 36 minutes
    Day 4: Tuesday, June 30 - Walking, 24 minutes, MIXX class (hard!!), 43 minutes
    Day 5: Wednesday, July 1 - Walking, 30 minutes
    Day 6: Thursday, July 2 - Walking, 31 minutes

You are all doing great!!! :bigsmile: Let's keep up the good work in our next "session"!!! :flowerforyou:

Cheers! :drinker:
  • stratdl
    Options
    So - who is going to start this new thread?? Or is there a new one and I just missed it?

Hi All-

I just posted the beginning of the new thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/58960-beginners-walking-challenge-session-2