Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    of course you can join! welcome:flowerforyou: Start whenever you would like. We check in on thursdays.

...I thought we were checking in on Fridays. :huh: I'm pretty sure it's Fridays.

Anyway, good job to you strongandfit and welcome aboard, AdriansMomma. All you have to do is to get movin' and groovin' and post it here. Some of us post daily (and they are great inspirations to us) and most of us post weekly our totals.

Way to go, team! I'm proud of all of us! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Gang!
    Hope everyone is happy this fine Sunday morning and ready for another day where we get the opportunity to be active - there are so many that can't go for a walk or get outside at all. So i'm thinking of them this morning and grateful to be able to move - even though the scale hasn't :laugh: ! Just got back from a morning walk/run (4mi) and I'm hot and sweaty but it feels so good. Thank you all for posting your progress ~ it is so encouraging!

As for the check in question, I'm new to this thread but I thought we check in on Fridays too! Please correct me if I'm wrong ~ it wouldn't be the first time, lol!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and enjoy your families,
    Janet:heart:
  • strongandfit
    strongandfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Good morning everyone:happy: Welcome adriannsmomma!:smile:
    :flowerforyou: thank you stratdl! Have a great day walking all !
  • taxgirlie
    taxgirlie Posts: 35
    Options
    Another great week for everyone! Kid you are doing amazing!! 3 walks in one day! wooo hooo! so I only got out for one walk this week, but i too joined the hundred push ups and 200 situps! i went and saw No Doubt last night and danced my tush off!!! literally! i got on the scale this am and lost 3 lbs!!! Thats my best week yet! :bigsmile: Have a GREAT week everyone and welcome to all the new people! You will find such great support here! I know I have :wink:

Kristy :smokin:
  • stratdl
    Options
    i went and saw No Doubt last night and danced my tush off!!! literally! i got on the scale this am and lost 3 lbs!!! Thats my best week yet! :bigsmile:

Aha! The lastest fad fitness craze--The No Doubt Tush Loss! Try it today! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad you had a great time last night, Kristy! No Doubt is AWESOME!! :bigsmile:

• elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :flowerforyou: I'm glad to see you've all been doing great!!! I just got back from vacation.....and boy did I do BAD! I stepped on the scale today, and gained 13 lbs!:noway: :noway: I am SO angry with myself :explode: Vacation + that time of mth = large quanties of chocolate!:embarassed: :ohwell: I thought I was gonna start over today.....but it's not looking that way! I HATE when I start spiraling downwards :cry: At least I had a blast on vacay...although not sure it was worth it now!lol :ohwell:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    awwww I'm sorry to hear you gained weight back, but at least you had fun. Just try really hard to start eating better and exercising a lot and hopefully you'll lose that weight again. Where did you go on vaca anyway? just curious:smile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    awwww I'm sorry to hear you gained weight back, but at least you had fun. Just try really hard to start eating better and exercising a lot and hopefully you'll lose that weight again. Where did you go on vaca anyway? just curious:smile:
  • taxgirlie
    Options
    i went and saw No Doubt last night and danced my tush off!!! literally! i got on the scale this am and lost 3 lbs!!! Thats my best week yet! :bigsmile:

Aha! The lastest fad fitness craze--The No Doubt Tush Loss! Try it today! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glad you had a great time last night, Kristy! No Doubt is AWESOME!! :bigsmile:

The No Doubt Tush Loss!! :laugh: I should put my cd's on and dance like that everyday!!!
  • taxgirlie
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself Elle :ohwell: Tomorrow is a new day! :smile: You've come this far and you deserved your vacation!!! We all need a lil splurge here and there, we're only human! Hope you have a great week :smokin:
  • AdriansMomma
    Options
    checking in today
    me, my so, and lo walked around chandler mall for 3 HOURS!!!!
    it felt great

my weight today-171 lbs
    goal- 130 ilbs

237531.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kristy & Jenna :flowerforyou: I'm gonna get back with it!...tue hahaha My hubby doesn't go back to work then,,,and it is impossible to eat good when he is home :grumble: that man can eat anything,sheesh :noway: :laugh:

We went to Capistrano Beach....and spent most of the time at Laguna, which is my favorite beach! It's beautiful & so relaxing. We went to Magic Mountain on friday and that was fun too :smile:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Good Morning walkers....Just a report on my foot....doing much better after 2nd Cortisone shot, have yet to get the ok to walk however, went swimming yesterday for 3 1/2 hours....Hopefully that will help. Hope everyone has a good week! :happy: :flowerforyou: :wink: :love:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Oh that vacation sounds wonderful! I hope you had a fabulous time! I can't wait for my vacation this summer! I'm so excited haha

Hope everyone is doing well today. I'm going to get in some walking here in a few mins or so. It's absolutely gorgeous out today! Perfect temperature too! :happy:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Just stopping by to check-in. I picked up a couple of Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs at the library. It's just too hot to go outside and walk now - my outdoor thermometer read 117 yesterday and it was in the shade!!! I hate Vegas in the summer. Anyway - I just did the 5 Day Slimdown DVD - Day 1 which is one mile. It was a fun workout - 30 minutes and 145 calories burned.
    Also I'm back on track with my logging. I have been so bad lately! I woke up this morning and logged what I plan to eat all day - so far I'm on track.
    Have a great day everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • stratdl
    Options
    Hi All!

I was looking through the first page of posts and realized that July 3rd (this Friday!) is our goal date for the inaugural Beginners Walking Challenge! Congratulations to all who have started walking! I suggest we start a second "session" to go from then until August 14th--it's another six weeks. Why six weeks? Well, from what I hear, it takes six weeks to break a habit and six weeks to make a habit. What do you all think?

I would suggest that we start a new thread on July 3rd, if this one isn't locked up (due to all the entries) by then.

Way to go to all of the walkers--old and new!!!!

• taxgirlie
    Options
    Its been six weeks already???? :noway: Great idea Deborah! We should definitely start a new thread! :smokin:
  • Tekamahmom
    Tekamahmom Posts: 15
    Options
    Sounds like a plan to me...
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I haven't broken my habit :frown: I cheated yesterday, the day before that and a couple of times before that.... I've been really upset and extremely stressed lately and have been eating anything I want to eat...including chocolate, candy, icecream, etc etc. I haven't been filling out my log completely and I didn't exercise much either. I don't want this to turn into a huge non-stoping habit. I was doing great during the month of may and for most of june...but now I'm having a hard time focusing on eating healthy and exercising. I've been eating bad food and saying "i dont care" bc I've been feeling really crappy and at that time food is a comfort to me....unfortunately. I dont know how to get myself to stop doing this. So, I thought I'd come to you guys and see if anyone could help.

Any advice?
  • stratdl
    Options
    I haven't broken my habit :frown: I cheated yesterday, the day before that and a couple of times before that.... I've been really upset and extremely stressed lately and have been eating anything I want to eat...including chocolate, candy, icecream, etc etc. I haven't been filling out my log completely and I didn't exercise much either. I don't want this to turn into a huge non-stoping habit. I was doing great during the month of may and for most of june...but now I'm having a hard time focusing on eating healthy and exercising. I've been eating bad food and saying "i dont care" bc I've been feeling really crappy and at that time food is a comfort to me....unfortunately. I dont know how to get myself to stop doing this. So, I thought I'd come to you guys and see if anyone could help.

Any advice?

Hey Jenna,

We all fall off the wagon--especially when we try to change too much at once. My advice to you is to break down your lifestyle change into smaller pieces of change.

The first thing that you seem to be doing is your fitness routine. That's really important in your new lifestyle. So, ask yourself how successful this six weeks of walking has been--and while you should be honest with yourself, don't be too hard on yourself. The goal was at least 3 times/days a week for about 30 minutes a time/day, right? How well did you do there? It seems to me that you're doing pretty good and that at least you try.

So, during this next six week period, continue to work on your fitness and pick one thing you'd like to work on for the nutrition aspect of your new lifestyle. This can be hard, but if you write down everything you'd like to change, you can then prioritize the next thing that's most important for you. That's the one nutrition aspect that you work on in this next six weeks. And so on and so on. You can do this! You don't have to change everything at once!!!

I once took a personal organizational class and the instructor gave out motivational notecards. The one that may just fit your situation goes like this: "I will cope with what happens today instead of comparing it to what I think ought to happen." In other words, "I can live with situations that don't measure up to all my expectations." Take your bad days and learn from them. Look back on them and see what they have to teach you, what you could have done differently, and apply it the next time you're in that situation.

I hope this helps!!! :flowerforyou: