Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    So, I just have to brag for a few minutes! I did my regular 2.7 miles last night, but I cut my time down by 10 minutes!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: On Sunday I did the same route in 40 minutes, but last night I decided to push myself and "wogg" it and I did it in 30 minutes!!! WooooooHooooo!!!
  • frankborelli
    frankborelli Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kidviscious!
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    just checking in..i did a mile in 16 min
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Folks,
    Checking in w/ my 2.5 walk from last night - I've been walking w/ 7 extra lbs of weight in hopes to improve my strength, tone and my endurance. I've been doing this in about 40min(avg) last nite it took me 45min - my energy level was really low and it was so hot but I didn't want to use that as an excuse to surrender!!
    Hoping for better tonight - I'm going to work on cutting my time down for the same distance - you all are inspiring me:flowerforyou:

Thanks and make it a great day,
    Janet:heart:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    So, I just have to brag for a few minutes! I did my regular 2.7 miles last night, but I cut my time down by 10 minutes!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: On Sunday I did the same route in 40 minutes, but last night I decided to push myself and "wogg" it and I did it in 30 minutes!!! WooooooHooooo!!!

That is wonderful!!! :bigsmile:

Isn't it great when you see fitness as fun and a great way to challenge and improve yourself? The loss of weight is just an added bonus, as I see it!!! :flowerforyou:

Cheers! :drinker:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    I agree! My husband says I'm crazy for seeing it that way...but I know he will come around soon and start exercising with me! :love:
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    you all continue to challenge me; thank you for that. So I mapped out a different route tonight - 3.97 miles. Kind of sad after hearing the loss of 2 icons today and was about to lose my motivation but i just got up and put the sneaks on any way. Funny, after I got started I began to really enjoy it . I didn't wear my ankle weights tonight due to the beginning of a blister but I didi wear my wrist weights. I did 3.9 miles in 53 min!!! I did sprint a couple of times, so the time may not be entirely accurate for "walking" but it's the best time I've ever done! Reading about what you all are doing pushed me to push myself.:drinker:

Does anyone see a change in their ABs from walking? Just wondering:laugh:

Have a great nite walking friends,
  • stratdl
    Options
    Does anyone see a change in their ABs from walking? Just wondering:laugh:

Yep! Since I began walking seriously (about 5 or 6 months ago), I've noticed that my abs have tightened up quite a bit. I think it helps if you contract your abs as you're walking. I also try to contract my chest muscles a bit, too, to help with "the girls". I've found that walking with conscious ab control and good posture is doing wonders for my core!

Who would've thought such a thing??? :noway: But I really think it's true!!! :bigsmile:

Have a great day, all! I will check in a little bit later....

• spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Hi everyone! TGIF! :happy: Hope everyone had a good week....I had my second cortisone shot on Wed and I have seen some improvement, however I still have not been given the ok for walking. Ok Cindy you have gotten me hooked on the 2oo squat challenge. I love it! Keep up the good work everyone and here's to another great week! :drinker:
  • stratdl
    Options
    Hi All!

Good for you, spunkiemunkie! I'm glad that you're still able to be active! Way to squat!!! :tongue:

So here's my weekly check-in data:

Day 1, Friday, 06/19/09 - Elliptical trainer, 36 minutes (I know--it's not walking!)
    Day 2, Saturday, 06/20/09 - Walking, 47 minutes
    Day 3, Monday, 06/22/09 - Walking, 30 minutes
    Day 4, Tuesday, 06/23/09 - Walking, 32 minutes
    Day 5, Wednesday, 06/24/09 - Walking, 31 minutes
    Day 6, Thursday, 06/25/09 - Elliptical, 36 minutes

I've also completed Week 2 of the 100 pushups challenge, but I'll be doing it over again next week because I really don't think I'm strong enough to do the progress test prior to week 3 yet. :frown: I'm sure one more week at Week 2 will really improve me though! :smile: I also intend to do the fit test for the 200 squats challenge tonight (after a walk, of course)!

Good luck and happy weekend to you, my walking buddies!

• emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I walked early this morning about 2 miles in 30 minutes. I picked up some Leslie Sansone walking DVDs at the library too since it is starting to get too hot to walk outside - I live near Las Vegas. I walk at 5am when I can manage to get up that early - I am not a morning person though.
    Have a great day guys!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Exercise mins from last friday to yesterday : 395
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    My exercise minutes 487 from last Friday to yesterday. I walked 30 miles . :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    holy moly Cindy! You were def movin your butt this week! That's a lot of exercising :happy: Great job!!!!!!!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hi Family,
    Great job everybody!! We made it another week!
    Cindy - you are such an inspiration! You had a great week you should feel great!!
    stradl - you're doing great too!! And BTW in my book all exercise minutes count!:wink:
    Kidvicious - our goal weights are the same, it just seems like it's taking me forever!!! Great job on your week. Looks like your goal is right there!! Keep going:drinker:

Weekly check in:
    6/19 walking 40min 2.5mi
    6/20 TJ 45min
    6/21 walking 30min 2mi
    6/22 walking 45 min 3mi TJ 20min
    6/23 walking 45 min 3mi TJ 20min
    6/24 walking 45min 3mi FB 30min
    6/25 walking 53 min 4mi TJ 20min
    6/26 walking 55 min 4mi

Feels really good to be able to type this! 21.5 miles compared w/ no miles before, and 443 exercise minutes this week, Woo Hoo!!! 5 days w/ TJ out of 7!! Last night when I did my walk run I was trying to sprint in between and my leggings were falling down!! (this is not a pretty picture, LOL) I had to run holding them up - at least for as long as I could keep it up - finally I just said "oh, forget it" Tonight I put some on that were more my size and I was able to run w/o being embarassed:blushing: and did more running than I did yesterday. It's little improvement and changes as we go that make a big difference!:laugh:
    Keep moving and have a great night,
  • strongandfit
    strongandfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Fri. June 19-Fri. June 26:

Day

1. Fri/June 19 = 45min
    2. Sat/June 20 = 0
    3. Sun/June 21= 55 min
    4. Mon/June 22 =0
    5. Tues/June 23 =0
    6. Wed/June 24 = 0
    7. Thurs/June 25 =25 min

Total = 125 mins :happy:

This was a great first week. Thanks all. Have a great weekend. :happy:

:drinker: that water!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Way to go guys!!!! You're doing so great :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • strongandfit
    strongandfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Way to go guys!!!! You're doing so great :happy: :flowerforyou:

Thanks! Walked again today. 3rd day in a row. Proud of myself:happy:
  • AdriansMomma
    Options
    i would like to join if its not too late

i walk every day with my baby in his stroller
    so i think this would help
    because some days i just dont want to get up

and when would i start??
    or how would do this
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    of course you can join! welcome:flowerforyou: Start whenever you would like. We check in on thursdays.