Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• strongandfit
    strongandfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Hi Everyone yesterday I had an awesome day. Broke my walks into 4 parts and got a 47 min total. Very proud. Today. We'll see just very proud of yesterday so far. :happy: This thread is great keeping me motivated. Weight went back to steady after all time high last week. Great.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I have two dogs and they are better behaved if thye get their walks daily. It has been so hot I have neglected them lately. I add picture of them to my profile. I'm an animal lover!

Aww...

They are pretty cute. Is the one laying down because you walked it so hard and it has to recuperate? :laugh: That's how I felt after walking my 3 on Saturday!

I can see from the pics that your pups are quite the high energy guys! They'll have you down a size or two in no time. :wink: I will suggest that, if you have to walk them in the heat, bring along a doggie water bottle (although you probably know this already)--you can get them in any pet store and even in Wal-Mart, I think. One of mine won't take water on a walk, another is choosy as to when he will take water, and the third LOVES a drink or two while walking (well, we stop for a drink, of course! :tongue: ).

Good luck with your walking!

Cheers :drinker:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't get in as much exercise as I wanted to today. I wanted to go to the gym but so many things came up with my family that I couldn't go. I think I only got like a little over a half hour in. :ohwell: I wanted to burn more cals today bc I haven't been burning as much as I usually do. I'm still staying with in my cals, but I'm not eating as much since I'm not exercising. I can def tell the difference too! I have no energy.
  • taxgirlie
    taxgirlie Posts: 35
    Options
    Thank you...this is usually the time I'd quit...but not this time! With the great support I have here...no way! This is going to be the time I make it my goal and stick to it! Healthy new lifestyle for me! Good luck with your foot! Hope surgery is not needed and congrats on the weight loss! Great job! :bigsmile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi walkers- :flowerforyou: well I just finished the last of my exercise for the day. I walked 5 miles in 83 minutes. Swam for 2 hours , I did 108 squats and 72 push ups. I hope everyone had a great day. Nighty night- Cindy :heart:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement...it's amazing how determined you can be with a great support system. THANK YOU LADIES!!!:happy: :drinker: :heart: :bigsmile: :wink: :smile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Good morning walkers :flowerforyou: I just came in from my 3 mile Am walk. 50 minutes. PHEW - It's a hot one out there already. :glasses: How is everyone today? Let's all put the rubber to the road and get some walking in today. remember the American Heart association states that for every hour of moderate exercise you add 2 hours to your life. let's add some hours to our lives today. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Cindy :heart:
  • taxgirlie
    taxgirlie Posts: 35
    Options
    Cindy...just wanted to let you know you inspired me to do the hundred pushups challenge. im also doing the 200 situps. Last night was night one..ouch!!! But one day at a time to reach our goals! Great walking btw! I hope I can squeeze one in tonight if the weather holds out!!! Hope everyone is having a great week! :smokin:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Cindy...just wanted to let you know you inspired me to do the hundred pushups challenge. im also doing the 200 situps. Last night was night one..ouch!!! But one day at a time to reach our goals! Great walking btw! I hope I can squeeze one in tonight if the weather holds out!!! Hope everyone is having a great week! :smokin:
    Tax- that is so great !!!!!!! It does get easier as you gain muscle. Keep an eye on your arms. Those push ups will be adding definition to your arms likety split. Have a great day. Cindy :heart:
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    just got done doing two miles in 32 mins...i feel great...
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I'm losing motivation to exercise.....:ohwell:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    I'm losing motivation to exercise.....:ohwell:
    Kid, oh no your not !!!! You need to remember all you've done so far. Please don't let it all be in vain. You need to stay strong and just do it. I know you can. Remember sometimes it's mind over matter. The first 10 minutes are the hardest mentally. Get through the first 10 minutes and you'll be glad you did. You'll want to finish. I know you can do it !!!! Cindy :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Cindy, I'm so glad you're around lol You're so positive.

I feel so worn out and always so tired (for this past week). I have a lot of stress right now and I have been working a lot. All I want to do is sleep. I don't know what my deal is.
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Just got back from my pm 2.5 miles took me 43 minutes and was 5,443 steps! Thats a little more than I did yesterday so I feel really good about that. Also did 20min TJ this am b4 work - that's 2 for 2 this week! Yea us!! I have tracked a total of 11,210 steps today! This pedometer is really making me conscious of moving throughout the day... awesome.

Time for some dinner - keep up the good work ladies and have a great nite!:flowerforyou:

Janet:heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Well Cindy, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I took your advice and just went out and exercised. I walked for 48 min at a fast pace. I feel better now. Thanks for that extra push.:heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Well Cindy, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I took your advice and just went out and exercised. I walked for 48 min at a fast pace. I feel better now. Thanks for that extra push.:heart:
    Way to go kid !!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Now , sometimes if we feel extra tired because of lack of sleep, stress or sickness it's ok to just rest. In my case exercise greatly reduces my stress level. If I'm having a bad day a workout lifts my spirits. I am so proud of you. Have a great night- Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Cindy, I'm so glad you're around lol You're so positive.

I feel so worn out and always so tired (for this past week). I have a lot of stress right now and I have been working a lot. All I want to do is sleep. I don't know what my deal is.
    Kid, It takes one to know one- :laugh: You are a great motivator and you have such a beautiful, kind spirit. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    5 miles for me today in 82 minutes. I swam for 1.5 hours and did my upper body strength training. Now off to do the dishes....... ttfn- Cindy :heart:
  • gapeaches
    gapeaches Posts: 16
    Options
    I would love to have a walking challenge. I just joined tonight and i am very excited! Like always when I first go on a diet. He He So i really need a some friends walking with me! I started walking a couple of weeks ago. Walked tonight for 45 min. So what do i do next. :noway:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Thanks Cindy! I'm glad that you're on here :happy:

Good job on the exercising today btw!

I really enjoyed my walk today. I have been doing a lot of different exercises since I started MFP in may, but think walking is the one that has actually helped me out both physically and mentally. I think I'm going to put walking into my daily routine just bc it helped me clear my mind and I think it could be a great way to reduce stress (like you mentioned). Thanks again :heart: