April Move your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• thinktank32k
    Options

exercise.png

I took an early morning stroll on the riverwalk. It was beautiful.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Whew, I found ya!!!
    Got in 3 miles on the elliptical and 3 miles on the indoor bike. It was cold and windy today!

weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    2f7706cb932173b.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    5.87 miles today on a beautiful, sunny and windy day :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Ticker updated
    url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wB8eWpE/]
    exercise.png
    [/url]
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Good moving everyone!

I had a really busy weekend - sorry I haven't been around much to encourage.

However, I did find some time to move - between Friday and Today, I added 9 miles to my count.

exercise.png
  • sandyrrt
    sandyrrt Posts: 255 Member
    Options

exercise.png

as of 04/15/2012 21.5 miles
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    14.74 km today

Ticker updated

exercise.png
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I've been away for a while and unable to log and, whoa!, there has been some serious action on this thread! Way to go everyone!

Goal 50 miles running only
    April 1 - 2.3 miles
    April 2 - 1 mile
    April 3 - 4 miles
    April 4 - 3.1 miles
    April 8 - 3.5 miles
    April 10 - 3.5 miles
    April 13 - 3.5 miles

Total/left - 20.9/29.1 Gotta get my @ss in gear!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Morning all...let's make it a great week!! :drinker:

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    wow, halfway thru month and we are on 2nd thread....nice work *kitten* movers...
    denise
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 35-40 miles to date.
  • foxbat2828
    foxbat2828 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    2.794 in a combo of cycling and treadmill at cardiac rehab today.

15.101 miles down and 14.899 left to reach my goal. Looks like I'm on track, but with any kind of luck my cardiac surgeons will clear me to start doing some more structured work beyond cardiac rehab and I can get back to the gym.

I guess it's a true NSV when, this time last year, I'd had a gym membership for two years and had never used it and now that I've gotten a new outlook on my health and have been doing so well will MFP and the MFP community, I'm chomping at the bit to get into the gym even beyond my cardiac workouts.

Had another one of those NSV moments this weekend where I needed to wear slacks. I had a whole set of clothes that had come back from the cleaner last month that I had sent out to be cleaned before donating them. I didn't realize that I was reaching into the donate section of the hangers and I put on a pair of size 50 pants and realized that they were WAY to big for me. It was like one of those weight loss commercials where the guy has the ridiculously big pants. Of course, not thinking, I grabbed the next pair and it was another set of size 50s. I just broke out in a spontaneous grin and told my wife that I would be donating all of those except for one pair. I now want to keep one pair as my "trophy" and to remind myself of how far I've come and where I never want to be again. I never dreamed I would ever be in that position to be one of those guys with the "really big pair of pants" to be able to show off my weight loss, but there I was.
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Move myself another 15 miles today, ticker has been updated.

exercise.png
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Accidental double post!!
  • BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I hope I am not too late to join in this month. I was on vacation and had intended to track my walking while I was out there but it completely slipped my mind which is a shame b/c we walked A LOT!!

I am hoping to jump in now if I can. I want to set my April goal for a total of 40 miles. Since the 14th I have walked 8.1 miles.

exercise.png
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    2.2miles walked today in the glorious sunshine.....shame it's going to rain for the rest of the week! But the positive of that is that I will have to get on the elliptical which means more miles faster :bigsmile:

ETA: over the half way mark!!

Ticker updated

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

15.101 miles down and 14.899 left to reach my goal. Looks like I'm on track, but with any kind of luck my cardiac surgeons will clear me to start doing some more structured work beyond cardiac rehab and I can get back to the gym.

I guess it's a true NSV when, this time last year, I'd had a gym membership for two years and had never used it and now that I've gotten a new outlook on my health and have been doing so well will MFP and the MFP community, I'm chomping at the bit to get into the gym even beyond my cardiac workouts.

Had another one of those NSV moments this weekend where I needed to wear slacks. I had a whole set of clothes that had come back from the cleaner last month that I had sent out to be cleaned before donating them. I didn't realize that I was reaching into the donate section of the hangers and I put on a pair of size 50 pants and realized that they were WAY to big for me. It was like one of those weight loss commercials where the guy has the ridiculously big pants. Of course, not thinking, I grabbed the next pair and it was another set of size 50s. I just broke out in a spontaneous grin and told my wife that I would be donating all of those except for one pair. I now want to keep one pair as my "trophy" and to remind myself of how far I've come and where I never want to be again. I never dreamed I would ever be in that position to be one of those guys with the "really big pair of pants" to be able to show off my weight loss, but there I was.

Wow! You are doing so great on your rehab. :drinker: There's no doubt that you'll get back and crush you previous goals (the ones you set before your surgery).

And what a great reward when those pants are getting to big! :wink:

You are doing Amazing!! :flowerforyou:
  • onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Had my hands full the past week with guests and have not been a faithful *kitten*-mover! However - I have moved some and as of today I am at 35.5 miles of 80 for the month of April. Have to do some catch up to get back on track. And I will..................
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    @foxbat: We want pictures of you and your big pair of pants :smile:

Rode 20 miles this pm. About 800 ft of altitude gain and very windy (OK not Montana-windy but windy), I had to hold on to my handlebars for dear life on a very fast downhill part. My longest ride this year :bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    so happy you are recovering well....definitely take a pic on those big pants...i have one and i love looking at it...i'm literally standing in one pant leg....hard to believe i have come so far....
    great work....
    denise

• indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    Options

exercise.png

i have bust my knee so i will literally be doing 1 mile a day on 'walk away the pounds' i hope i can meet my goal :(