why do you only accept males or females as friends on MFP?

Options

Replies

• twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I love this picture :smokin:

Here is one minus the possible salmonella:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6mC8Rpu2Q2bVe4wLkmab2MEQy2FCGbQ9kPgHSHsT5oAF6R6g9

=( dang that salmonella it's no good if I can't eat the bacon.

Well in this pic...you CAN eat the bacon...boobs & bacon...is there a better combo? I submit that there is NOT.

I submit alcohol as an addition to that combo.
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I accept FR's from just about everyone as long as there is a note in the FR. Although if you send me a nice note in the FR then follow it up after I accept with a "hey wanna see my d!ck" PM...you're gonna get deleted faster than you can whip it out. Just sayin'...

What ... even if it's gift wrapped in bacon ?

I'll admit that I'd look at that pic (just not while at work of course). I do love the bacon wrapped bewbies though.
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    who gives a crap? i send requests and sometimes don't get accepted. I look at it as their loss, cause i only want to help motivate, share ideas, and know that i'm not the only person working at this. If someone wants to delete or not accept, I still have others. I look at what a friend's day was like to get food ideas, fitness ideas, and just stay motivated and give some back, that's all. This isn't a dating site nor should ADULTS behave like little children. I have nothing to be ashamed of on my page and its the only other explanation i can think of for those that act this way. This isn't High School where we all have our own circle of friends and only the cool need apply. I'm friends with others on here who'm want to share ideas, motivate, and receive the same once in a while.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I choose to honor my husband - and just as I would not be found alone in a room with another man, I would not intentionally put myself in a potentially compromising relationship on the internet, either.

Are you implying that men on the internet are even less capable of handling themselves like gentlemen than they are in the "real world"? Or are you the one we should be worried about?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Well in this pic...you CAN eat the bacon...boobs & bacon...is there a better combo? I submit that there is NOT.

I submit alcohol as an addition to that combo.
    [/quote]

Hmmm...agreed. You would need something to wash down the bacon...good call.
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    I choose to honor my husband - and just as I would not be found alone in a room with another man, I would not intentionally put myself in a potentially compromising relationship on the internet, either.

Are you implying that men on the internet are even less capable of handling themselves like gentlemen than they are in the "real world"? Or are you the one we should be worried about?

yeah.... i skipped over that one.... there is something wrong there...... :huh:

smile :bigsmile: and walk away :huh:
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I accept both men and women depending on any message they've sent with the request, or what their profile page says about them. I think most of us are just looking for support in our journeys and most people will give you that and you give it back, but there are a few who act like this is a dating site. Yeah I definately don't accept them lol.
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I know this is hard to believe but people have relationships outside of the internet.
    5119503128_Shocked_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

Agreed...sounds like you're more worried about controlling yourself.

Or are you from one of those countries where your husband or brothers are allowed to kill you for being alone with another guy?
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I did it all for the nookie, obviously.

But seriously, I add both. I've sent requests to guys and girls, accepted requests from both guys and girls. I have more girls, because well, there are more girls in this area it seems, and more girls have sent me requests than guys. Plus girls are typically better at motivating a guy than another guy is. But the few I have comment a lot and are pretty good in their own right.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Plus I would never accept a FR from the OP after the whole "there should be weight brackets for races" posts.

I'm just trying to add up how many of my female friends deleted the guy because of his creepy posts. I know it's a few.

But of course, he's just here for his fiancee...

huh, i didn't see that, they must be on my troll ignore-user list

James - I notice you glossed over the accusation of sending female posters creepy messages. Care to comment, or are you truely a Cleansing Kyak ?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

While I understand the sentiment, I really do disagree with it. There is a kitchenette on my floor at work and while I was filling my water bottle my male boss walked in, it was just he and I in the room and . . . gasp . . . there was no impropriety. I have never, as a matter of fact, found myself suddenly in the throws of passion just because I've found my alone in an elevator and then it stops on a random floor and a man steps in . . . but maybe you have to ask the other person "are you going down?" before that happens. I'm planning a lunch with an ex-coworker tomorrow who I'm still friends with and when I pick him up from his office to "go to the restaurant" we will actually go to the restaurant (an no, I don't use that term interchangably with an isolated place to park). We will talk about work and our spouses and our children and tomorrow evening I'll tell M all about my lunch with J and catch him up on what's happening with them.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Plus I would never accept a FR from the OP after the whole "there should be weight brackets for races" posts.

I'm just trying to add up how many of my female friends deleted the guy because of his creepy posts. I know it's a few.

James - I notice you glossed over the accusation of sending female posters creepy messages. Care to comment, or are you truely a Cleansing Kyak ?

Mega creepsters usually deny they are creepy. Or they just think they aren't so there's no reason to deny.
  • loseweightjames
    Options

because it's trolling.......?

accusing someone of sending female posters creepy messages based on..... nothing? A guy claiming his female friends deleted me? Sure, yeah, that's not trolling, not at all :noway:

and now you're trolling, so i have to ignore your posts too
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Avatars play a massive role in who adds who I find...
  • loseweightjames
    Options

Mega creepsters usually deny they are creepy. Or they just think they aren't so there's no reason to deny.

yes troll, because if someone says something didn't happen then *obviously* is must have!

think i'm failing the "do not feed the trolls" rule................... :grumble:
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Avatars play a massive role in who adds who I find...

Agree.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    YOU MEAN THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ONLY ACCEPT PALS OF ONE GENDER ???? OMG THAT IS ALMOST AS BAD AS SOMEONE ONLY ACCEPTING PEOPLE OF ONE ETHNIC GROUP.........MFP SURE HAS CRAZY PEOPLE ON HERE!!!
  • loseweightjames
    Options

Ok, you caught me, i better warn everyone: WARNING - forum trolls said some woman deleted me because i send creepy messages.... so, you've been warned, when it happens you can't say i didn't tell u....

why yes, i am letting the trolls get waaaaay too far under my skin today, thank you for asking!

:bigsmile:
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    because it's trolling.......?

accusing someone of sending female posters creepy messages based on..... nothing? A guy claiming his female friends deleted me? Sure, yeah, that's not trolling, not at all :noway:

and now you're trolling, so i have to ignore your posts too

You don't understand the Troll concept I think, somebody posting what you don't agree with or like is not trolling.

If, as you say, the accusation is without any validity you could easily report the matter to the moderators. The offending commentry would be removed, and the poster admonished - maybe even given a strike. Have you done this, (the comment is still visible)?

Ignoring the comment, or declaring the originator as just a hater, leaves an impression of no smoke without fire. Generally people do not make pointed and direct accusations like this without reason.