Carb Conscious Peeps - June 2009

Options

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hi leo, glad you are back. Everybody would be better off if they watch there carbs. I don't go as low as some of you but to me this is a lifetime change. And I got to learn this portion control. Carbs, Calories , the whole works.
    My breakfast was 2 poached eggs, 2 slices of diet bread. ! T. diet jelly, and !T. light margerine for 17 grams of carbs
    Lunch was 1 thick hamburger pattie , 1 sugar free hambuger bun, one slice of pickle and ! t. of blue cheese dressing for 23 carbs.
    Mid afternoon snack 1 carton of whipped yoplait yogurt, now this is where I goof up for later after I ate it I look at the carbs and calories 160 calories and 25 g carbs. Way way to much for a snack . I have three more carton of it and i will throw them away for they were not worth all the calories and carbs.
    For supper I will decide after I take my blood sugar what I will have. So far today it has been 125, 70. 69.
    I know I will have baked fish and a good mess of veggies.

Calie

Welcome back Leo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Calie................

I buy Fage Greek Yogurt. The full fat variety has 7 grams of carbs for 1 whole cup. I put some stevia in it to sweeten as it is unsweetened and then throw a handful of berries (blue berries and black berries are in season right now around here). I am going to try peaches with it too as they are being sold around here too.

It is so thick and creamy, it is almost like eating ice cream and berries.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Leo, No one around here carry that brand of yogurt, and I'm sure it is quite high. Couldn't offord it. One store here does carry greek yogurt Okio or something like that. but it is too high for me. I buy kroger fat free yogurt and drain the whey and it taste a lot like greek yogurt. Which is what they do.as i understand it. But I heard if you freeze the yoplait whipped yogurt it taste like ice cream so I had to try it. well it didn't.Had no ideal it had that many carbs in it might as well eat the real icecream.
    Have a great evening ----calie
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Leo, No one around here carry that brand of yogurt, and I'm sure it is quite high. Couldn't offord it. One store here does carry greek yogurt Okio or something like that. but it is too high for me. I buy kroger fat free yogurt and drain the whey and it taste a lot like greek yogurt. Which is what they do.as i understand it. But I heard if you freeze the yoplait whipped yogurt it taste like ice cream so I had to try it. well it didn't.Had no ideal it had that many carbs in it might as well eat the real icecream.
    Have a great evening ----calie

Yes, the yoplait, dannon, regular grocery store yogurt has high fructose corn syrup in it (something to watch out for) and modified food starch (another thing to watch out for in foods). Those brand name yogurts are not really good for you.

I can't do fat free products, they have added sugar and send my blood sugar sky high. The full fat Fage has no sugar and only 7 grams of carbs in a whole 8 oz cup serving. I add some stevia and a handful of berries and yummy, it is fabulous.............

I am going to go pick peaches this weekend. YAY!!! I am going to make some fugar free jelly and freeze some peaches for the winter. Also, I will have some fresh ones too.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am in control of my carbs today. eating a well balance diet. reading labels before I eat so i want over do it. Portion control is my game plan.
    Calie
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I am in control of my carbs today. eating a well balance diet. reading labels before I eat so i want over do it. Portion control is my game plan.
    Calie

That is great!!

Have you guys gotten any rain down there in Texas?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Leo, we got almost 2 inches yesterday. None yet today. but is cloudy and looks like rain. they hae it in the forcast for the next 7 days. Calie
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Hi Leo, we got almost 2 inches yesterday. None yet today. but is cloudy and looks like rain. they hae it in the forcast for the next 7 days. Calie

It is raining here now and will be off and on over the next 4 or 5 days.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    What's for supper tonight?

Me, I think I am making spaghetti squash, italian sausage, home made pasta sauce with oregano, onion, roasted red pepper and green pepper and caesar salad.

What is for dinner in your neck of the woods????

Dessert - Low Carb Brownies. My husband has been begging for these again.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I'm making a pot of soup. Hamburger meat, veggies beef broth. and what ever else i find that has low carbs. Will have a couple pieces of low carb toast. 1/2 banana. mash and spread over one piece of toast and a dab of cool whipped. some chopped walnut Ice tea.yummy. Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi everybody, I am up and ready to watch my carbs better today. It is cloudy and look like rain.
    We will be making a grocery store run today. Hope they have some good looking fruit. I have been getting some good peaches at the store. We do not go to the farmers mkt in Dallas anymore just too big and too much traffic to mess with So I depend on my local stores for my fruit and veggies. Most of the time pretty good.

Having a peanut butter and banana sandwich for breakfast . One of my faverite.Love them.

See you all later

Have a good day. Calie
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Calie -

About using Cool-whip...............read this post that was a while back.......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48241-a-delicious-blend-of-sugar-wax-and-condom-lube?page=3
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Leo, I loved cool whipped and i am going to enjoy it no matter if it is good for me or not. I been eating it all my life. Well most and I love it and it has not killed me yet. As long as I count my calories and my carbs. That is my game plan. But thanks anyway. Calie
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Leo, I loved cool whipped and i am going to enjoy it no matter if it is good for me or not. I been eating it all my life. Well most and I love it and it has not killed me yet. As long as I count my calories and my carbs. That is my game plan. But thanks anyway. Calie

I knew you were cutting out things like Splenda due to chemicals and such. Thought I would throw that out there too.

I have only eaten cool whip 1 time in my life. I have always eaten home made whipped cream, it is now that I sweeten it with pure vanilla extract and stevia, not sugar. I don't even like the whipped cream in a can.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I have work on my diet plan and re read Dr. Michael and Mary Dan Baic diet Plan and will follow it for a couple of weeks. Here is their Basic Plan I ran copies off and will just have to filled in the information, This can be change up quite a bit. Calie

Low carb diet by Michael and Mary Dan Eades----Basic diet
    ­­_____________________________________
    Blood Sugar___Insulin_____ Date_____

Breakfast : 2 eggs. 2 sl. bacon.1 sl. low carb bread. Butter

Lunch: Bacon cheeseburger ,or grilled chicken on Salad greens and real salad dressing

Snack; 1/2 serving fruit or nuts or cheese.

Dinner; Grilled or broiled steak, chicken or fish, 1/2 tp 1 c low -starch veggies, 1/2
    Options
    I have work on my diet plan and re read Dr. Michael and Mary Dan Baic diet Plan and will follow it for a couple of weeks. Here is their Basic Plan I ran copies off and will just have to filled in the information, This can be change up quite a bit. Calie

Low carb diet by Michael and Mary Dan Eades----Basic diet
    ­­_____________________________________
    Blood Sugar___Insulin_____ Date_____

Breakfast : 2 eggs. 2 sl. bacon.1 sl. low carb bread. Butter

Lunch: Bacon cheeseburger ,or grilled chicken on Salad greens and real salad dressing

Snack; 1/2 serving fruit or nuts or cheese.

Dinner; Grilled or broiled steak, chicken or fish, 1/2 tp 1 c low -starch veggies, 1/2

Dr Eades wrote Protein Power. It is low carb, very similar to Atkins.

I know a couple of people that follow Protein Power and it is GREAT. I have the book in hard copy.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Ok.
    Traveling is all over. Now it's time to get serious & start counting those carbs!!!!
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    How many carbs do you all allow per day?
    I find that 40-50 is very manageable & not too hard to follow. Of course, I'm not dropping tons quickly, either.
    :huh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ok.
    Traveling is all over. Now it's time to get serious & start counting those carbs!!!!
    I find that 40-50 is very manageable & not too hard to follow. Of course, I'm not dropping tons quickly, either.
    [/quot

Hi Georg, I haven't found in Protein Power yet how many carbs to eat. So Iaam still struggling with that issue. I like you amt. that seems durable.

Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ok.
    [/quot

Hi Georg, I haven't found in Protein Power yet how many carbs to eat. So I am still struggling with that issue. I like you amt. that seems durable.

Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Happy Sunday all, I am still struggleing with my carbs and my insulin. Iam trying for 10 carbs per meal and 10 carbs for bedtime snack. My blood sugar is eith too high or too low. So far today it has Balance out just fine. Keeping my fingers cross for the rest of today.

Leo or anyone. I read in my book that if you cut your carbs way back it will help with water retioning do anyone know any thing about this?

Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Happy Sunday all, I am still struggleing with my carbs and my insulin. Iam trying for 10 carbs per meal and 10 carbs for bedtime snack. My blood sugar is etill too high or too low. So far today it has Balance out just fine. Keeping my fingers cross for the rest of today.

Leo or anyone. I read in my book that if you cut your carbs way back it will help with water retioning do anyone know any thing about this?

Calie