Unrequented friend requests!

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    You've all made my list of friends for my next round of cereal whacking....

Is this like that thing in American Pie with the apple pie?
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options

Its more along the lines of Ted Bundy with duct tape.. is that close? I've never seen american pie...
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

well, not to be rude, but its SERIAL.. not cereal.

Cereal refers to a grain or a breakfast food prepared from a grain.
    Serial refers to a work that appears in parts at regular intervals or something occurring in a series.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Row Row Row ur boat gently down the streaaaaaam...

Ok...step away from the keyboard....:smile:

okok i wont sing... :embarassed:
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone. I am not prejudice. Most of the people who don't accept aren't even worth you time, i realized that. A lot of them are self absorbed.

There are a lot of great people out there, and some not so great. I "rarely" leave a little message when sending a request. It's a test, to see if this person is worthy or not. A smart person would say "this person might be a good friend, might have something to offer." and accept anyways. Those who just decline, that speaks of their character. You don't want those types of people. You want people who are open
    minded, educated, successful, fun.

If they don't accept, it just means they're narrow minded. I have had people who i sent a request to who emailed me back asking me why and what not. I explained myself, they added me. They offered nothing! Don't waste your time with those people.

That's the biggest load of bull**** EVER

I don't know.

I don't think its wrong to reject a friend request, we all have our standards.

That doesn't negate the fact that the image it conjurs up is of the mean girl rolling her eyes and saying, "As if..." as she hits the reject button. LOL!
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

Also... WOW.

????
  • MrDude_1
    Options

Its more along the lines of Ted Bundy with duct tape.. is that close? I've never seen american pie...

dude sticks his penor in an apple pie because he was told its similar to kitty.
    its a lie.
    they feel nothing alike.
    and sugar burns.

badly.
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Cereal whacking.... that sounds delicious does it involve Special K, Wheaties, or Cheerios?

Sorry I couldn't resist. :laugh:
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone. I am not prejudice. Most of the people who don't accept aren't even worth you time, i realized that. A lot of them are self absorbed.

There are a lot of great people out there, and some not so great. I "rarely" leave a little message when sending a request. It's a test, to see if this person is worthy or not. A smart person would say "this person might be a good friend, might have something to offer." and accept anyways. Those who just decline, that speaks of their character. You don't want those types of people. You want people who are open
    minded, educated, successful, fun.

If they don't accept, it just means they're narrow minded. I have had people who i sent a request to who emailed me back asking me why and what not. I explained myself, they added me. They offered nothing! Don't waste your time with those people.
    :smokin:

That's the biggest load of bull**** EVER

I SOOOOOOOOOOOoo want to be your friend.
    :smokin:
  • bikermike5094
    Options

Serial refers to a work that appears in parts at regular intervals or something occurring in a series.

No its cereal when its meant as a jest or hyperbole...
  • MrDude_1
    Options

cerealstly?
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

cerealstly?

Are you cereal?
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options

I don't understand the people that basically say "prove to me you want to be my friend before I friend you". It appears rude. I always want to ask them if they use that philosophy in real life. Ala if someone says 'hi' to their face do they snap back "why do you want to speak to me?" Just seems slightly power trippy/control issue.

Why not just accept the friend request and if the new friend acts like an idiot...bam..they lose that privlege and get unfriended. It's the internet, but it's okay to just be nice sometimes.

THIS ... because yes I get that you want to figure out who is trying to be your friend.... but it makes me feel like the nerdy girl walking up to the cool kids trying to show them that I'm "cool enough" to be their friend. Why but me on the spot like that? I'm shy and self conscious and just want a friend and already you are assuming I'm not good enough for you.

Also.. I think it's psychological thing.. more for the person being friended... "tell me how awesome I am, please" because it makes them feel good about themselves... and I suppose there's nothing wrong with wanting to feel good about yourself... but I prefer unsolicited compliments

And on that note I should point out that I will probably still friend request you with a wonderful (probably more random) message if you are asking for it... that is... if you are cool enough for me :wink:
    Earlier today, there was a thread about which movie character people would want to be. Someone pisted Madmartigan from Willow. I posted that I loved that character. The poster, who I never saw before that, sent a FR and commented about that interaction. I accepted.

It's not about wanting to hear how awesome we are. It's simply about wanting to know if people are friend-collecting or actually feel some connection, no matter how small.

Absolutely agreed with this, I don't have a self absorbed image of myself for wanting at the very least a simple note.

No I get what you are saying but the way they go about it is a little absurd. "I will NOT accept a request without a message" or "tell me why you think we should be friends". But regardless... wanting to know if someone felt a connection to you is kind of the same idea as what I was saying on a basic level. It's all stemming from a want/need to be accepted. I wasn't saying you are self absorbed... I was just stating that it can make people feel kinda bad that they feel they have to "prove" themselves to someone for them to even give them the time of day.

Also... sarcasm and exaggerated language DO NOT translate well on the interwebs.. my bad
  • bikermike5094
    Options

cerealstly?

Are you cereal?

Shirley you cant be serious.....
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Also... WOW.

????

The responses on this post... Haha. They make my mind boggle. :) That's all.
  • MrDude_1
    Options

cerealstly?

Are you cereal?

im gellin.
    like a fellon.
    want some melon?
  • Patty_Petz
    Options
    I decline everyone equally.
    How they react to it, is just a sign of their own mental health.

I cried and ate a box of Thin Mints. You ruined my self-esteem and my calorie count for the day. :sad:

I have a bit of a girl crush going atm :flowerforyou:
  • MrDude_1
    Options

cerealstly?

Are you cereal?

Shirley you cant be serious.....

I am.
    and dont call me Shirley
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    I also do understand the females to an extent. There are some weirdo creepo out there, but on the male defense, you should still give someone a fair chance, if they turn out to be a creepo you can delete them.

or punch them.
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I tend to accept everyone, but as soon as they stop login they get hit with the delete button :-) LOL