What Kind of things PISS you off on MFP?

Options

Replies

• strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    It really pisses me off when people ask for friends and say they are looking for someone who will support them and they will do the same...Then, days and weeks pass by and you are commenting on their status yet they don't say anything on your status about your progress...Look on their page and see that they respond to a few choice friends every now and then...Hate wasting my time going and deleting them and having to see their information fill up my page everyday...It really sucks....Honestly, I'm having a hard time finding friends that are dedicated to giving me the same support as I give them...AND, IT PISSES ME OFF!!!!

I feel your pain, only I wouldn't say it pisses me off as much as it disappoints me. I guess it's like any other "friendship" or relationship, sometimes it's lop-sided. I didn't delete the no-shows on my friends list, but I've stopped acknowledging them. It does take time to look at the diary and make honest, encouraging responses, and if they can't take the time to look at mine, then I don't have time to look at theirs.

Omg I know exactly what you mean. It's really annoying especially when they're the ones who add you, and then they don't even bother introducing themselves and are completely unsupportive. I just ignore them too :P
  • anaussie
    anaussie Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just because this is an american site does not mean australian's are not allowed on it :flowerforyou:

Damn, Australians are allowed on this site too? Thanks for telling us that...I'll type real slow now then.

ǝɯ oʇ ǝʞıן ʞooן sʇsod ,suɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ǝɥʇ ןןɐ ʇɐɥʍ sı sıɥʇ
    I'm smart cause I could read that

did you do it with the standing on your head technique, or the old flip the monitor upside down trick?
    I used the "Just read it backwards cause it ain't hard" trick.

Next time do what I did..mirror technique....in front of monitor hold mirror upside down.

The Australians on here are laughing at you

Damn, Australians are allowed on this site too? Lock your computers and hide the doors.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    What really PISSES ME OFF is girls who are about 18-25, that have clearly NEVER been overweight, and have their profile pics set as them in their underwear showing off their toned stomachs, when everyone else on here is clearly struggling to lose weight on a daily basis, and trying their hardest to exercise around running a family home and working 9-5......it's like they're rubbing it in everyone's faces!!

Well, piss off........you dont need a calorie counting/weight loss site!! :mad:
    You're mad because you assume the skinny girls have never been fat and are just here to make the currently overweight people more upset?
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    People on here that spout all kinds of "wisdom" and strong opinions and if you look at their profiles and trackers they want to lose 3-6 pounds. Talk to me when you need to lose 40 50 60+....

That makes no sense. People have to get WAY overweight to be able to have wisdom and strong opinions?? Seems to me that the people who never got in that predicament to start with might be able to help those who are there.

I disagree.

And you are entitled to do so. I stand by my post.
    . Just thought I'd point out the bond between the HOs (hugely obese) and former HOs - it's unique. Ya can't touch it, unless you know the experience of not being able to see your **** without a mirror.

^^^^^^^^ That last statement right there!! O M eFing Gawd I love it!!!!! :drinker: Here Here!! dammnit!!
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    It pisses me off that on a site where we're supposedly all here to support one another, there are so many people who feel it's ok to tell people smaller than themselves "oh you don't need to lose any weight, don't be so silly". F you mr/ mrs, i'll have you know that you don't have to be obese, or even very overweight to want to improve yourself, and if you think otherwise, well then keep it to your damn self!!!

Another thing that pisses me off, and something i only recently discovered even existed (call me naive) is the pro anorexia posts that occasionally crop up here. I know MFP is about as far from pro ana as you can get (sometimes the cries of "you should eat MORE to lose weight" piss me off too!), but i have seen some threads pop up now and then which really worry me. I wish the mods would be on this straight away.
  • strawberrie_milk
    Options
    What really PISSES ME OFF is girls who are about 18-25, that have clearly NEVER been overweight, and have their profile pics set as them in their underwear showing off their toned stomachs, when everyone else on here is clearly struggling to lose weight on a daily basis, and trying their hardest to exercise around running a family home and working 9-5......it's like they're rubbing it in everyone's faces!!

Wow, that was a bit harsh. What if they're using this site to maintain their weight or get more fit? It's MyFITNESSPal, after all. I highly doubt they're trying to "rub it in everyone's faces."
  • sheryllamb72
    sheryllamb72 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

You're mad because you assume the skinny girls have never been fat and are just here to make the currently overweight people more upset?

No, I just dont understand why they're on here!

My neice is on here, and again, I dont know why? She's stick thin......she doesnt know why she's on here either!! :laugh:
  • sfoxy219
    sfoxy219 Posts: 103
    Options
    Lose and Loose.
    Posting pictures asking if they look fat <
    fishing.
    Pro-Ana's
    Close minded people.
    People who want to lose weight but not exercise.
    People who push there point of view *vegan, vegetarian, meat eaters* You may love your life style but you don't have to bash everyone out side of it.
    The common myth that fat is unhealthy and skinny is fine. No there are people who are thicker or even a little overweight who are healthy. They may not be fit but there body is fine. There are also skinny people who are very sick and unhealthy. Size is NOT all that matters.
  • sheryllamb72
    Options

Wow, that was a bit harsh. What if they're using this site to maintain their weight or get more fit? It's MyFITNESSPal, after all. I highly doubt they're trying to "rub it in everyone's faces."

I didn't say literally......
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    Girls and ladies using freely the F word and other cursed one. I really can't stand them.

When I'm a girl, but not a lady, and I swear. There's a difference! Haha
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Threads like this.
  • StartingAnewDay
    Options
    People who have never been fat that *kitten*-ume EVERYONE that is fat got that way eating astronomical amounts of food..

Even worse.. former fat people who develope fat-nesia and put down other fat people because they don't take their advice/law?

and the fact I can't find a place to log the giant cheesesteak I'm going to eat when I get to Philly! I mean it's a law you have one so why isn't it in the food diary!! is there a designated area for me to beotch when I gain that week too??!! :laugh:
  • ifyouknew
    ifyouknew Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The fact that only my first exercise session of the day posts to Facebook. And sometimes I start the day with something small (like walking my dogs over to get coffee) and then do my *real* exercise later in the day. So on Facebook, it looks like I'm slacking.
  • anaussie
    Options

My neice is on here, and again, I dont know why? She's stick thin......she doesnt know why she's on here either!! :laugh:

Young are curious people. She may be wanting to find out how her aunty and rest of us got here? :laugh:
  • StartingAnewDay
    Options
    When people type a really long post about nothing and you read trough it and don't realize that you just read a post about nothing and you are now confused because you were hoping to get something out of reading the really long post even though halfway through it you had a sinking suspicion that it was not going to be about anything but you continue with the hope that part of it if not all of it will make sense once you read the entire thing but then you are left disappointed with yourself for reading all of it and you are even more confused because people responded to it so you assume that it did mean something even though you could not figure it out so you read it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again with out being able to figure it out any of the times that you read it.

I also hate run on sentences, and the color blue.

^^^^ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ifyouknew
    ifyouknew Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ha, sfoxy219, you mention 'lose and loose' (which drives me crazy too) but then you go on to use the wrong form of 'their'. Twice.

Let's face it, we could all work on our grammar a bit ;)
  • strawberrie_milk
    Options

I didn't say literally......

Lol, I'm not sure what you were trying to say then.
  • anaussie
    Options
    Threads like this.

Replies like this.
  • sheryllamb72
    Options

Young are curious people. She may be wanting to find out how her aunty and rest of us got here? :laugh:

childbirth....overeating.....eating my children's leftover's after dinner because I don't like waste.....all the things that she hasn't got to worry about...............JUST YET!!! lol :wink:
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    everything hahah