Ladies - Would you date someone who is divorced?

Options

Replies

• ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Divorces happen for many different reasons. Divorce doesn't make someone a bad person. I definitely would date a divorced man and I have in the past.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It just depends on the person and the situation. I'm dating a guy whose currently still married, but gettig divorced. So far, many of my friends and family slam me for that (but they dont know anything about him. He's a really cool guy (we've been friends for 4 years) and he's working hard financially to get stable. so yes, just depends.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    When I was 21 my boyfriend was 31... my mother was shocked at the age difference, and said "What if you find out he's divorced or something??" And I said, "Um he is..." The worst part is that she had divorced and remarried a few years before.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    If I was single.... I would prefer a man who wasn't divorced (as in, never married lol) just because. I don't know. I don't like the idea of being the second wife. But if he was the right man for me yes I would.
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    What I find amazing is how many women wouldn't date someone who has kids....

But, would these women if they were single moms expect men to date them?

I wouldn't rule out a divorced man. If he had children, I would be a lot more hesitant, and that is largely because I don't actually want children. If I don't want children of my own why would I want someone else's? I'm not saying I would categorically rule that guy out but children bring a whole extra layer of complication, not the least of which would be having to deal with his ex. That may or may not be a problem but it would be a lot to take on.
  • robiney
    robiney Posts: 15
    Options
    I really don't think so - then again I'm only 20!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I would much rather date a divorced guy than a married one.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I married "until death do us part" too...and tried for 20 years to ignore the emotional, verbal and occasionally physical abuse. Yeah. When the violence kept escalating (slamming on brakes on freeway, throwing plates of food, spitting on the floor, the counter, etc., threatening to get a gun because he was mad at our teenager...the name calling...I could go on) and he was doing it in front of our younger child so that law enforcement had to get involved, it kind of gave me the wake up call that I do NOT have to live this way and teach my children that this behavior is normal. Living with that kind of abuse is NOT God's punishment for choosing the wrong spouse.

I'm really curious what story he will tell his future dates. He insists he's a "nice guy." Whatever. If whomever he dates is in his life and has in impact on my kids', I will do my best to get along with her. And good luck to her.

Will anyone want to date me? They'd be crazy not to. I'm a catch.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I did and I married him.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    divorced and moved on YES separated and bitter NOPE
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is divorced with two kids. We've been together for more than 4 years. I am so glad that I didn't let his past stop me from dating him, because he's amazing!
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    Here's my perspective being the one in the relationship who is the divorced one (4 years now). I have no kids and I was friends with my current bf when I was married (although he never met my ex). I personally would date and/or marry someone who was divorced and if they had kids we'd make it work. Having no kids has made it easier to date and if I did have kids I'd be wary of introducing them too early to a new bf. You have to examine how their relationship with their ex is (kids or not) and if they learned anything positive from the failed relationship so they don't make the same mistakes twice.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Definitely. It shows he can commit (not saying to marriage again necessarily, but to a relationship of some sort).
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I had a boyfriend before who is divorced with one daughter. Even though I was raised in a conservative family, I didn't care. For me it doesn't matter as long as there is that spark and chemistry between the two of you.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I married someone who was divorced no kids, and we now have a 2yo, he's an awesome husband, I always say its because he practised first and made the mistakes int he first marriage LOL
  • wccngr
    wccngr Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes. Have dated several. Just because that particular relationship worked out, doesn't mean that yours won't work out. Each relationship is individual.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    What I find amazing is how many women wouldn't date someone who has kids....

But, would these women if they were single moms expect men to date them?

everyone is allowed to have their preferences...
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    because i am divorced with kids, i have found it easier and more comforting to date someone that is also divorced with kids.

i was married at 24, had been together for 5 years. if i had been single and under 28, i don't know. i think it would depend on how interested i was in them as a person and potential partner. if i was really interested and attracted, probably :-)
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I don't see that as an issue. I am divorced so why would I expect him to never have been divorced.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would.