Ladies before your visit with the OBGYN....

Options
SinIsIn
SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
Do you all make sure you're nice and shaved before you go to your appointment? LOL

My husband thinks it's weird that I shave everything before I go see my doctor. I tell him that even though my doctor is not attractive, and I'm not trying to "impress" him, I want to feel like I'm presentable. :laugh:

Also, when I go in for my annual they make you completely undress and put on those horrible blue cover thingies... I always pile my clothes neatly in the corner and hide my underwear and bra inbetween my pants. Am I the only one that does that? I mean if you really think about it, the doctor is seeing EVERYTHING... why hide the undies and bra right?

Anyway, those were my TMI questions of the day. MORNING!

Replies

• rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    That's the routine I follow as well.. all the way down to hiding my undies between my shirt and pants.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Um, I keep everything shaved all the time, so there's really no need for any special "prep" before a doctor's visit.

ETA - yes, I also hide my bra in my clothes when I have to change into the gown, but I don't usually wear panties, so there is nothing to hide.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I do the exact same things as you. MORNING!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Do you all make sure you're nice and shaved before you go to your appointment? LOL

My husband thinks it's weird that I shave everything before I go see my doctor. I tell him that even though my doctor is not attractive, and I'm not trying to "impress" him, I want to feel like I'm presentable. :laugh:

Also, when I go in for my annual they make you completely undress and put on those horrible blue cover thingies... I always pile my clothes neatly in the corner and hide my underwear and bra inbetween my pants. Am I the only one that does that? I mean if you really think about it, the doctor is seeing EVERYTHING... why hide the undies and bra right?

That's exactly what I do too.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    LMAO! I do the same thing with my pants and my panties. I don't know why!

I shave every day so it's really nothing new when I go to my gyno. My husband always wants me to put on fancy jewelry (I'm pierced) and see if she says anything about it.
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    yep, it's just like brushing your teeth before you go to the dentist!
  • berniemay
    berniemay Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    That's the routine I follow as well.. all the way down to hiding my undies between my shirt and pants.
    Same here.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    funny...

i never hide my bra and panties. i just throw them on top of my clothes. one of the last times i went, my dr ~commented~ on the fact i'm not shy because he could see my panties in plain sight.

um

awkward.

(yes, the speculum ended up being cold)
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Yep, same - right down to my underwear (i mean, you don't want them falling off the chair or anything right!!), lol - my hubby thinks it's weird too xD
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I do as well.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I do the same routine too, including the hiding the bra & panties between my pants & shirt!! ;)
  • LOLTrish
    LOLTrish Posts: 37
    Options

I do the exact same thing! Thought I was the only one....funny to see how many others have already said they did too.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... seriously? Hair is normal, and it's your DOCTOR! Do you really think that it's something they care about?
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't shave. I get really bad razor burn when I shave, and after a couple days when the hair starts growing back, it gets horribly horribly itchy.

I do hide my bra and panties between my shirt and pants though. :P
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options

That's exactly what I do too.

same here!
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options

^^THIS!!!

CTFU! I don't pretty it up or anything though.
  • camelotss
    camelotss Posts: 55
    Options
    Lol....I do the same things.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I make sure I'm shaved, clean, and that my feet are clean and I don't wear shoes that will make them stink.

OH! And yes! I hide my bra and panties too lol
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I always hide my panties....

And I shave...everything.

I can get past it all except for the boob exam. I don't know if its because I'm a little busty but I feel so awkward with my arm above my head as she circles my breast. I also hate conversation at this point.

So....how is school?
    Errrr.....fine. :indifferent:

Sidenote: My OBGYN has a picture on the ceiling of a warm sandy beach. It never makes me feel better....
  • cimmera1969
    Options
    I try to keep everything "clean", but in the winter the legs really go down hill! LoL. As close as I am to the big "M"(menopause)...I really don't have much hair on the legs anyway, just around the ankles! (kinda weird, actually).

I also hide my bra and underwear!