Ladies before your visit with the OBGYN....

Options

Replies

• Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    That's the routine I follow as well.. all the way down to hiding my undies between my shirt and pants.

ditto~!
  • ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yup....
    Girl's don't act like we shave "All" the time, you know there are days we are too lazy or in a hurry.
    My husband get's mad because he tells me, "How come your doctor get a cleaned kitty every time & I get what the cat that cleans it's self whenever it fells like it"....lol
    It's true, I don't want my Dr to think I' am dirty or see something gross.....lmbo
    And yes I also fold my clothes & put them in the corner & make sure to hide the undies & bra and don't you know I still wear my best undies/bras too.....lol even tho he wont see.....lmbo
    I don't even have anyone that's seeing me down there, but I really do shave every time I take a shower. It's a habit - pits and pubes, every time. I don't want hair there. Period.

I shave everything everytime I take a shower as well. It's just part of my routine.

Before I had the laser I did too.......... Arms, legs, *kitten*, stem to stern........ I am an Italian Woman and I gotta take care of myself. Pluck my eyebrows every other day too.......

So you mean to tell me you ladies shave "EVERYDAY" and there is not ONE day you forget?
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Sidenote: My OBGYN has a picture on the ceiling of a warm sandy beach. It never makes me feel better....

Mine has little sayings on the ceiling - "Remember, this was YOUR idea." and "It'll be over SOON!." and "SMILE!"

They're pretty funny, but I wish he would mix it up.

Yes on hiding the bra/panties in my clothes. Shaving - I keep pretty groomed, so nothing special day of.
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    So in the USA you go once a year? In the UK we are like every 3 years. And yes, I hide my undies in my shoe!

I once heard a story about a woman who went to the doc and he found a postage stamp stuck down there, but not sure how true this is!! :laugh:
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Yup....
    Girl's don't act like we shave "All" the time, you know there are days we are too lazy or in a hurry.
    My husband get's mad because he tells me, "How come your doctor get a cleaned kitty every time & I get what the cat that cleans it's self whenever it fells like it"....lol
    It's true, I don't want my Dr to think I' am dirty or see something gross.....lmbo
    And yes I also fold my clothes & put them in the corner & make sure to hide the undies & bra and don't you know I still wear my best undies/bras too.....lol even tho he wont see.....lmbo
    I don't even have anyone that's seeing me down there, but I really do shave every time I take a shower. It's a habit - pits and pubes, every time. I don't want hair there. Period.

I shave everything everytime I take a shower as well. It's just part of my routine.

Before I had the laser I did too.......... Arms, legs, *kitten*, stem to stern........ I am an Italian Woman and I gotta take care of myself. Pluck my eyebrows every other day too.......

So you mean to tell me you ladies shave "EVERYDAY" and there is not ONE day you forget?

I don't shave every day.. F that! I'll get hardcore razor burn! LOL
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    So in the USA you go once a year? In the UK we are like every 3 years. And yes, I hide my undies in my shoe!

I once heard a story about a woman who went to the doc and he found a postage stamp stuck down there, but not sure how true this is!! :laugh:
    Yup, just once a year. Unless the pap comes back abnormal. I've had that happen and I had to go back and get the bad cells frozen off, then had to go back every 3 months to make sure they stayed gone.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS! Shaved, showered. Fresh and clean. Not weird at all! and when i have kids i'm hoping i can do the same, lol...i think i'll need some help shaving at that point though... :laugh:

TOTALLY got a brazilian wax when I was like 8 1/2 months pregnant. I mean, I couldn't shave or anything, so I had the pros help me! Been waxing ever since!

that is hardcore. i also did the same and holy fu@k. talk about pain. I get regular brazilians but pregnant? never again. (on both counts)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

No mandate, but most medical coverage provides for one check-up a year. Fortunately, we aren't having to deal with a socialized system that rations care... yet.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I do the same routine as the OP.

I remember one time when I was at Planned Parenthood, making small talk with the doctor during the exam, and it turned out she knew my employer. The doctor said, "Oh, does she know you're here today? Tell her I said 'hi!'"

Uh.. not quite sure how that would come up in conversation. "Say, boss, while I was in the stirrups today, you came up!"
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Yup....

I'm not going to lie, some days I am lazy and thankful for baby wipes and deodorant (for when I don't get my lazy butt in the shower) but it doesn't happen often and, if I get in the shower, I shave.

I don't shave my legs that often (I have almost no leg hair and it's super fine, so you can't even feel it until it's been like two weeks, and even then you can't see it), but my pits and pubic area are shaved every single time I shower - even if that means twice a day.
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Yup....

I'm not going to lie, some days I am lazy and thankful for baby wipes and deodorant (for when I don't get my lazy butt in the shower) but it doesn't happen often and, if I get in the shower, I shave.

I don't shave my legs that often (I have almost no leg hair and it's super fine, so you can't even feel it until it's been like two weeks, and even then you can't see it), but my pits and pubic area are shaved every single time I shower - even if that means twice a day.

I've had those days.
  • ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yup....

I've had those days.

I agree, I' am on lazy ***** and don't shave everyday, especially in winter, I take advantage of it because ain't no one going to see my legs because most of the time I will be wearing pants but that's another story. And I have to agree with shaving everyday will give me razer burns/bumps & I don't get that smooth skin, again everyone is different but I guess there are people out there who shaves there vajayjay EVERYDAY....lol
  • smily_001
    smily_001 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I veet everything (no razor burn for me) and make sure my feet are clean and toenails polished.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I do everything the same as you do!!!! I always make sure to hide my bra & panties in between my shirt and pants and that they are not sticking out!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    These 'grooming' threads are endlessly comical and fascinating to me.

In related news... did you all know 'PEJAZZLING' is now a thing? http://jezebel.com/5900946/men-are-getting-bikini-waxes-our-work-here-is-done

I've heard of women doing this, but a man! LOL LOL LOL

Funniest line in the article...
    "There are a lot of things this world can withstand—earthquakes, wars, famine, Celine Dion—but a rhinestone dolphin pejazzled on your ding-dong is just not one of them."
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... seriously? Hair is normal, and it's your DOCTOR! Do you really think that it's something they care about?

Nope, but it's something I care about. I don't want my vag looking like a hobo :tongue:

Haha - this thread is hilarious. I shave for entirely different reasons and don't give a rat's patoot what the doctor thinks. I certainly don't shave my legs (if I don't feel like it) or bother with how I leave my clothes, because I always go to a female OBGYN. I decided about 35 yrs ago that men have no business in this specific field of medicine. In a better, smarter world only women doctors would enter gynecology as a specialty, because I think it empowers women to speak to other women about these things. Men will never know what it is to be female (well transexuals are former males getting beautiful rebuilt equipment these days that could fool just about anyone, and they certainly know what it is to be female (and to me certainly ARE), just without the periods and pregnancy....), so why the h*** do male doctors want to be doing pap smears and delivering babies? (oh, yeah, if you don't mind the outrageous malpractice insurance fees, it's pretty lucrative). It aint ever gonna happen, but I've been wanting men OUT of gynecology since I was in my mid 20's.

Oh, I just remembered - there was one exception. In the hospital for a long stay when I almost died from a septic infection, I needed a gyno for a biopsy and was waaaaay too scared to make an *kitten* out of myself by demanding a female gyno. The guy who took care of it was great and almost gave me some kind of faith in male gynos, but I stand by my original declaration.
  • caroleslaststand
    Options
    I had laser, so I don't really have to worry about the shaving ANYTHING part. I do hide my bra and panties. I even have a female doctor..... AND cute bras and panties...... I thought I was the only one. lol!

you had every single little hair down there lasered???? Didn't that hurt? gawd, girl, you are one tough little female.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Akin to the other casual conversations, as I am in graduate school for political science, he always talks about politics.

"So, do you think Obama's getting re-elected?"

Interesting conversation about Santorum, though.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Akin to the other casual conversations, as I am in graduate school for political science, he always talks about politics.

"So, do you think Obama's getting re-elected?"

Interesting conversation about Santorum, though.

Especially when you google his last name and see what the word means :indifferent:

Ditto on everything everybody else said! I like to have the earliest appointments because it seems that they take FOREVER and I hate waiting in the waiting room. Last year they were playing a cute movie tho LOL
  • caroleslaststand
    Options
    Viewpoint from the person on the OTHER side of the speculum....we don't care if you have hair (sometimes we have to tell people to stop shaving because of the terrible razer burn they are getting) and to the person with the piercings-we never say anything but I personally was impressed when I saw my first one lol

LMAO.. haha!

I have the very same routine. Shave and hide the clothes.. i have no idea why?

My theory (for what that's worth) about the 'hide the clothes' behavior: is that it must be an atavistic trait (something a species does that made sense for early humans, but is no longer needed). You know, it's like cats burying their little gifts in the litter box). Why and when prehistoric women needed to hide their undies and bras - that I can NOT figure out...