Ladies before your visit with the OBGYN....

Options

Replies

• SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... seriously? Hair is normal, and it's your DOCTOR! Do you really think that it's something they care about?

Nope, but it's something I care about. I don't want my vag looking like a hobo :tongue:
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Um, I keep everything shaved all the time, so there's really no need for any special "prep" before a doctor's visit.

ETA - yes, I also hide my bra in my clothes when I have to change into the gown, but I don't usually wear panties, so there is nothing to hide.

This.
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Funny I just now read this, and I just got off the phone making my appointment~Lol

I do the exact same thing you do.
  • SinIsIn
    Options
    I make sure I'm shaved, clean, and that my feet are clean and I don't wear shoes that will make them stink.

OH! And yes! I hide my bra and panties too lol

HAHAH YES!!! that too. I make sure my toes are painted too.
  • vicjam2
    vicjam2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yes mam! all of it! lol
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I at least try to trim things up but no, not every time I go do I shave. As one poster said, hair is natural and it's your doctor . . . they've seen much, much worse I'm sure!! But, I do hide my bra and panties.
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Do you all make sure you're nice and shaved before you go to your appointment? LOL

My husband thinks it's weird that I shave everything before I go see my doctor. I tell him that even though my doctor is not attractive, and I'm not trying to "impress" him, I want to feel like I'm presentable. :laugh:

Also, when I go in for my annual they make you completely undress and put on those horrible blue cover thingies... I always pile my clothes neatly in the corner and hide my underwear and bra inbetween my pants. Am I the only one that does that? I mean if you really think about it, the doctor is seeing EVERYTHING... why hide the undies and bra right?

Anyway, those were my TMI questions of the day. MORNING!

i just shave the legs and arm pits lol... but i do fold and hide everything as well... lol....
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    That's the routine I follow as well.. all the way down to hiding my undies between my shirt and pants.

I do this, too. haha.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... seriously? Hair is normal, and it's your DOCTOR! Do you really think that it's something they care about?

Nope, but it's something I care about. I don't want my vag looking like a hobo :tongue:

And this is why I love to stalk you... :heart:
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    LOL. i do the exact same thing. Hide my bra and panties between the clothes neatly folded on the chair. Last time i went the nurse made a comment about leaving my socks on...looked down and said "you're wearing flip flops? It's April?"

And i really don't get the stupid blue/green pieces of cloth. really? i guess so you're not just sitting there naked while waiting for the nurse/dr to come back in the room. That wait seems like FOREVER. it's not like they keep you warm.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I also do all of that. I never even really thought about the hiding my under-things part until you brought it up. How strange. Maybe because the paper sheet makes it "just business," but seeing my underwear makes it personal. Hmm. I must think more on this.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I always hide my panties....

And I shave...everything.

I can get past it all except for the boob exam. I don't know if its because I'm a little busty but I feel so awkward with my arm above my head as she circles my breast. I also hate conversation at this point.

So....how is school?
    Errrr.....fine. :indifferent:
    You know what the worst is? When they COMMENT on your breasts or vagina. Like, comments about your labia or nipples - AWKWARD!
    I swear I must have a giant "talk to me about awkward topics" sign stuck to my forehead, because I have gotten this so much with doctors, and it freaks me out.
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    OMG Yes, to all of that. When my husband went w/ me to one of the ob-gyn visits and saw how I put my clothes after getting the gown 'on' he laughed. He's like you know he sees all you have... are your underwear really still that private.

I told him yes.... then almost made him leave before hearing the baby's heartbeat just for making fun of me!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why they leave the room for you to change only to come back in and crawl right up your vagina.
  • SinIsIn
    Options
    I always hide my panties....

And I shave...everything.

I can get past it all except for the boob exam. I don't know if its because I'm a little busty but I feel so awkward with my arm above my head as she circles my breast. I also hate conversation at this point.

So....how is school?
    Errrr.....fine. :indifferent:

Sidenote: My OBGYN has a picture on the ceiling of a warm sandy beach. It never makes me feel better....

LMAO... yeah my doc is awesome. We were talking about my hatred of my boss while he was feeling up my boobs.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Do you all make sure you're nice and shaved before you go to your appointment? LOL

My husband thinks it's weird that I shave everything before I go see my doctor. I tell him that even though my doctor is not attractive, and I'm not trying to "impress" him, I want to feel like I'm presentable. :laugh:

Also, when I go in for my annual they make you completely undress and put on those horrible blue cover thingies... I always pile my clothes neatly in the corner and hide my underwear and bra inbetween my pants. Am I the only one that does that? I mean if you really think about it, the doctor is seeing EVERYTHING... why hide the undies and bra right?

Anyway, those were my TMI questions of the day. MORNING!

I do exactly this. All of it. At least i don't hang an air freshener in there, right?
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    Viewpoint from the person on the OTHER side of the speculum....we don't care if you have hair (sometimes we have to tell people to stop shaving because of the terrible razer burn they are getting) and to the person with the piercings-we never say anything but I personally was impressed when I saw my first one lol
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Actually I do all of that too... I think it's normal.
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    Even though I work for my OBGYN's office, I still do this. But I can tell you with 100% confidence that they don't care, and whatever you have going on either with hair, or clothes on the chair, it's not the wierdest thing that they have seen that month even.
  • mrs_madame
    mrs_madame Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't have to do the whole special routine thing because that is already a daily occurrence for me. But yes, I also hide my under things between my clothes. I dunno, I already feel so exposed that I'd like to keep my panties to myself, tyvm!

Oh, and I'm fine with everything else, but I hate the breast exam. So. Awkward.