Ladies before your visit with the OBGYN....

Options

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Taking mental notes of all the hot women who shave. :tongue:

You gotta wonder about the kinda guy who creeps a thread like this.
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I seem to follow with the rest of the ladies, always shaved and I make sure I make an appointment to where I can shower right before so I know I am nice and fresh. I do not wear panties and do not hide my bra. If I wore panties I would probably hide them because I would find that more embarassing but my bra I could care less.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Does anyone still have an old school doctor that insists on sticking a thumb up the *kitten* and finger in the vagina??

Those were really the good ol' days...
    You have to pay extra for that now. Most insurance companies won't cover it either. :explode:

It's a total scam. GOVERNMENT HEALTHCARE ALL THE WAY!!!!

I have totally quit a couple of gynos because they told me that I would need it the following year. Fortunately, I have a new school dr who ignores that area.

MY sister and I go to the same doctor....I have complained to my sister about how he always goes in the bum...HER response was...ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?? HE NEVER DOES MINE..........................hhhuummmm should I worry?
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Bwahahaha! You are not the only one.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    This thread is awesome. I was always curious if my Dr. thought I was weird for shaving to see him. I will feel much more comfortable during my next visit knowing that the majority of you all do the same :)
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yes! Gotta get all trimmed and smelling perty down there!! Who wants to see someone smuggling Chewbacca in that region?? TRIM IT UP LADIES!!!:drinker:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Ummmm.... seriously? Hair is normal, and it's your DOCTOR! Do you really think that it's something they care about?

Nope, but it's something I care about. I don't want my vag looking like a hobo :tongue:

I just choked on some water as I read this. Thanks for the laugh!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options

I can get past it all except for the boob exam. I don't know if its because I'm a little busty but I feel so awkward with my arm above my head as she circles my breast. I also hate conversation at this point.

Yep. The breast exam is always HORRIBLY awkward. I always stare at the ceiling while the doctor does his thing. And he always makes some random remark about the weather. :ohwell:

THIS! My doc is the same way...Circular boob smashing, and the "So, any plans for the weekend? I was hoping to golf"

I think that's the only thing I'm not uncomfortable about. I guess between having a 7 year old cousin who has grabbed my breasts since she could stand up on her own (and even bit me there...) and a cat that has a fixation on kneading one boob while he's getting petted by me I don't mind. But even though my doctor's female I still don't like the pelvic exam.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Taking mental notes of all the hot women who shave. :tongue:

You gotta wonder about the kinda guy who creeps a thread like this.

Oh brother.

At your next appointment, please ask your OBGYN to remove the stick from your *kitten*!
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    loool yesss, and my Dr. is a she....I always waft my vagina to make sure it smells fresh while I'm waiting for her too......
    You could hang one of these...

u1E2jZ3e4mkln9tk8iMUYavBo1_400.png

LOOOOOOL!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I get waxed every so many weeks, and will wait a little longer for one if I know my appt is coming up. I shave my legs and pits that morning, and make sure my toes are painted.

I always thought I was the only one that hid my bra and underwear.
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I do all that AND put smell good lotion on the insides of my thighs. I am a masseuse and I have had stinky women before so I am super self consious about how I smell and how clean I am. I am on the fence about shaving but I think I shaved last time I went. And I hide my undies and bra, its like keeping a little modesty even though he is going to see everything. Though my obgyn is really in tune with my modesty he keeps my covered and just feels around, it seems to make me more comfortable if he isn't gawking at my parts while examining me, oh and he jokes around with me. The first time I went, he made the speculum talk :huh: and while he was giving me a pap he made me laugh and omg it hurt I couldve kicked him! :noway: He is a nutcase like me so we fit well. And he doesn't do my butt which is very good bc I have heard horror stories about anal exams :noway:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    LOL..yes, I make sure everything is shaved, washed (I always make a morning appt so i'm fresh from the shower) and like some other girls said, I also make sure my feet look good (or wear socks so my feet stay warm).

My doctor is an older guy, and I'm sure, (contrary to most teenage boys notions), its really NOT a very pleasant experience most of the time. I'm sure he's seen it all, but personally I want to provide a nice clean "workplace" for him!!

Oh, and I do the same thing as you and hide the undies behind the pants (my doctor's office has a hook, so I arrange those things so its all behind...LOL!)

Nothing to worry about OP..you are 100% NORMAL!
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Like a hobo? How about like a VAGINA- you know, like a vagina. Vaginas have hair, or was I the only one to go though puberty?

I understand keeping it clean and shaving when you want to, but really, if we're getting "dressed up" for a pap smear, there's something wrong.

That said- I totally understand making sure you're shaved before you get induced like another poster said.
    Ummmm.... seriously? Hair is normal, and it's your DOCTOR! Do you really think that it's something they care about?

Nope, but it's something I care about. I don't want my vag looking like a hobo :tongue:

I shave my *kitten* every time I go to a proctologist. I can understand wanting to pretty it up back there.
  • DaltonsMom910
    Options
    Bahaha!!! For real!! I dont want my stuff looking like a hobo! I think men AND women who don't properly care for their private area, especially shave or atleast trim & keep groomed, is just nasty! The BUSH is soo old school & unattractive. I can't shave every day because of the way my hair grows.. but I do try to shave atleast twice a week. I wish I had the courage to just have a bakini wax but it was awfully painful just to get my eyebrows waxed! lol & yes I hide my undies & bra, too. lol & I also shaved before I was induced with my son. lol
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I get more prepped for my yearly than I do to go out I think. Toes get painted. Feet get pumiced and softened up. Cause you know they're on display up in those stirrups. And no gym shoes... Must smell pretty too. Eeeeeverything gets a nice shave or wax. A little perfume behind my knees. I font wear make up often but I always get dressed up. I guess thd theory is I'll look better naked with donr hair? Lol.
    And I too hide my panties in between my clothes!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Like a hobo? How about like a VAGINA- you know, like a vagina. Vaginas have hair, or was I the only one to go though puberty?

I understand keeping it clean and shaving when you want to, but really, if we're getting "dressed up" for a pap smear, there's something wrong.

That said- I totally understand making sure you're shaved before you get induced like another poster said.

I shave my *kitten* every time I go to a proctologist. I can understand wanting to pretty it up back there.

:drinker:
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    That's the routine I follow as well.. all the way down to hiding my undies between my shirt and pants.

DITTO!!!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Does anyone still have an old school doctor that insists on sticking a thumb up the *kitten* and finger in the vagina??

MY sister and I go to the same doctor....I have complained to my sister about how he always goes in the bum...HER response was...ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?? HE NEVER DOES MINE..........................hhhuummmm should I worry?

Hrmmm.... Maybe your rectum is particularly fancy??
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

Hrmmm.... Maybe your rectum is particularly fancy??
    Or, maybe taint fresh.