Ladies before your visit with the OBGYN....

Options

Replies

• LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yup....
    Girl's don't act like we shave "All" the time, you know there are days we are too lazy or in a hurry.
    My husband get's mad because he tells me, "How come your doctor get a cleaned kitty every time & I get what the cat that cleans it's self whenever it fells like it"....lol
    It's true, I don't want my Dr to think I' am dirty or see something gross.....lmbo
    And yes I also fold my clothes & put them in the corner & make sure to hide the undies & bra and don't you know I still wear my best undies/bras too.....lol even tho he wont see.....lmbo
    I don't even have anyone that's seeing me down there, but I really do shave every time I take a shower. It's a habit - pits and pubes, every time. I don't want hair there. Period.

I shave everything everytime I take a shower as well. It's just part of my routine.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options

I can get past it all except for the boob exam. I don't know if its because I'm a little busty but I feel so awkward with my arm above my head as she circles my breast. I also hate conversation at this point.

Yep. The breast exam is always HORRIBLY awkward. I always stare at the ceiling while the doctor does his thing. And he always makes some random remark about the weather. :ohwell:
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options
    My apologies I know this is a thread for woman. But when I have my physical's I make sure that I am nice and clean. No need for the doctor to have to go through a jungle excursion during the physical.

Lmao!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Yup....
    Girl's don't act like we shave "All" the time, you know there are days we are too lazy or in a hurry.
    My husband get's mad because he tells me, "How come your doctor get a cleaned kitty every time & I get what the cat that cleans it's self whenever it fells like it"....lol
    It's true, I don't want my Dr to think I' am dirty or see something gross.....lmbo
    And yes I also fold my clothes & put them in the corner & make sure to hide the undies & bra and don't you know I still wear my best undies/bras too.....lol even tho he wont see.....lmbo
    I don't even have anyone that's seeing me down there, but I really do shave every time I take a shower. It's a habit - pits and pubes, every time. I don't want hair there. Period.

I shave everything everytime I take a shower as well. It's just part of my routine.

Before I had the laser I did too.......... Arms, legs, *kitten*, stem to stern........ I am an Italian Woman and I gotta take care of myself. Pluck my eyebrows every other day too.......
  • tinlee
    tinlee Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow, I shower daily. Trim monthly. That's it. Nothing special for gyne or hubby. No hiding underwear. I'm not ashamed of my pubic area. It's supposed to have hair.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Do you all make sure you're nice and shaved before you go to your appointment? LOL

My husband thinks it's weird that I shave everything before I go see my doctor. I tell him that even though my doctor is not attractive, and I'm not trying to "impress" him, I want to feel like I'm presentable. :laugh:

Also, when I go in for my annual they make you completely undress and put on those horrible blue cover thingies... I always pile my clothes neatly in the corner and hide my underwear and bra inbetween my pants. Am I the only one that does that? I mean if you really think about it, the doctor is seeing EVERYTHING... why hide the undies and bra right?

Anyway, those were my TMI questions of the day. MORNING!

lol! That's funny. I do all of that too. Plus shave my legs and under my arms. In my GYN office they have a closet with hangers and a shelf. So I fold my clothes and put my shoes on top of the shelf.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Carbon copy. Must be trimmed and all undergarments stashed out of sight.
  • agriffitts85
    agriffitts85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i keep everything shaved all the time and toes painted too... and i hide panties if im wearing any and the bra as well... i too hate the idol small talk during a breast exam like its gonna make it any better.... and just as a fyi that stupid poster on the ceiling dont help either doc, lol.... id rather be chillin to music just let me know when youre done, dont talk to me..lol just saying....
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options

I can get past it all except for the boob exam. I don't know if its because I'm a little busty but I feel so awkward with my arm above my head as she circles my breast. I also hate conversation at this point.

Yep. The breast exam is always HORRIBLY awkward. I always stare at the ceiling while the doctor does his thing. And he always makes some random remark about the weather. :ohwell:

THIS! My doc is the same way...Circular boob smashing, and the "So, any plans for the weekend? I was hoping to golf"
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I do all of those things as well. I even take off work early enough to go home and wash that certain area!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Phsh, I dont even let my husband see not shaved, why would I let a stranger see me fire the gardener?
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I make sure I'm shaved, clean, and that my feet are clean and I don't wear shoes that will make them stink.

OH! And yes! I hide my bra and panties too lol

This! I am very cautious about the shoes I wear that day and I always hide my bra and panties! Haha, not sure what the real purpose of that is???
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Taking mental notes of all the hot women who shave. :tongue:
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    lmfaoo i do this too. I would be mortified if i was *caught* unshaven lol! Mind you i never let it grow very much to be honest. Makes me laugh this post as i remember having a conversation with someone i wont say who it is but its someone i know (they not on here).. and she hadnt shaved and it was growing down the sides of her legs!! I had to get her told, and luckily shes got a mad sense of humour like me and laughed it off, but DID thankfully go on to shave it off!!! pmsl! x
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I never shave anyway so unless I had something going on down there that I was concerned about and wanted them to see it well, I wouldn't bother.

I do, however, take a very thorough shower and make sure I've poo'ed and I try not to eat anything that might cause me gas. I also go to the bathroom like 3 times before going in, which they hate because they always want to do a urinalysis but I never have any to give haha

I personally would rather be hairy and smell okay than shave, risk ingrown hair, and have a funk to me.

I don't hide the undies or anything necessarily. Then again, I see a woman, and she actually used to live like 2 blocks away from us and we used to babysit her kids. The first appt was a little awkward but now it's just let's get through this. I prefer it because the man I had to see before didn't have as much sensitivity regarding the embarrassment or the discomfort. At least a woman knows that cramming your whole hand in isn't the greatest thing ever. LOL
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    i keep everything shaved all the time and toes painted too... and i hide panties if im wearing any and the bra as well... i too hate the idol small talk during a breast exam like its gonna make it any better.... and just as a fyi that stupid poster on the ceiling dont help either doc, lol.... id rather be chillin to music just let me know when youre done, dont talk to me..lol just saying....

My dr has 2 paper bowls with pink things and rings in the pink things. Looks a nip peircings. I laugh every time!
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    yep everything you just said I do lol

Granted i always am shaved so thats nothing new. :) Just have to make sure I'm presentable.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow, I shower daily. Trim monthly. That's it. Nothing special for gyne or hubby. No hiding underwear. I'm not ashamed of my pubic area. It's supposed to have hair.

I think we all do that on the regular but I think what she was saying is she probably does a little touch up! I mean I know sometimes I miss a week or two from shaving my legs or what not. So when we go to the doc we want to look a little presentable.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Do you all make sure you're nice and shaved before you go to your appointment? LOL

My husband thinks it's weird that I shave everything before I go see my doctor. I tell him that even though my doctor is not attractive, and I'm not trying to "impress" him, I want to feel like I'm presentable. :laugh:

Also, when I go in for my annual they make you completely undress and put on those horrible blue cover thingies... I always pile my clothes neatly in the corner and hide my underwear and bra inbetween my pants. Am I the only one that does that? I mean if you really think about it, the doctor is seeing EVERYTHING... why hide the undies and bra right?

Anyway, those were my TMI questions of the day. MORNING!

I could have wrote that myself. Lol.
  • PineappleMartini
    PineappleMartini Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Does anyone still have an old school doctor that insists on sticking a thumb up the *kitten* and finger in the vagina??

Those were really the good ol' days...
    You have to pay extra for that now. Most insurance companies won't cover it either. :explode:

It's a total scam. GOVERNMENT HEALTHCARE ALL THE WAY!!!!

I have totally quit a couple of gynos because they told me that I would need it the following year. Fortunately, I have a new school dr who ignores that area.