Ladies before your visit with the OBGYN....

Replies

• JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    funny...

i never hide my bra and panties. i just throw them on top of my clothes. one of the last times i went, my dr ~commented~ on the fact i'm not shy because he could see my panties in plain sight.

um

awkward.

(yes, the speculum ended up being cold)

CTFU!!!!! OMG! He probably plays a little game with himself every time he walks in the room. Like 'I bet she hid her pannies in her pocket. She looks like a pocket girl'.

I'm a pocket girl.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    ALWAYS! Shaved, showered. Fresh and clean. Not weird at all! and when i have kids i'm hoping i can do the same, lol...i think i'll need some help shaving at that point though... :laugh:
  • vicjam2
    vicjam2 Posts: 22 Member
    yes mam! all of it! lol
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    glad I'm not the only one! I even had my boyfriend help me do it the day before I was induced to have my daughter :laugh:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Do you all make sure you're nice and shaved before you go to your appointment? LOL

My husband thinks it's weird that I shave everything before I go see my doctor. I tell him that even though my doctor is not attractive, and I'm not trying to "impress" him, I want to feel like I'm presentable. :laugh:

Also, when I go in for my annual they make you completely undress and put on those horrible blue cover thingies... I always pile my clothes neatly in the corner and hide my underwear and bra inbetween my pants. Am I the only one that does that? I mean if you really think about it, the doctor is seeing EVERYTHING... why hide the undies and bra right?

Anyway, those were my TMI questions of the day. MORNING!

That's exactly what I do too.

same here!

I keep everything neat and tidy. And I always seem to wear maxi dresses on those days so no need to wear bra and panties.
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    yep, it's just like brushing your teeth before you go to the dentist!
    exactly
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    I hide my bra and undies in my clothes, but I've always shaved...dislike hair down there!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    I get a wax usually a few days before. I mean, if she's gotta get all up close and personal with my business, the least I can do is have it looking nice for her!
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 247 Member
    I do exactly that! I always thought I was the only one.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    That's the routine I follow as well.. all the way down to hiding my undies between my shirt and pants.
    Same here.

Lol I do the exact same thing! Why do I hide my undies and bra when I go out my way to make sure I have the cute little matching set, only to hide them in my clothes :huh:
  • GlitterGoldJem
    GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
    I'm always clean and shaved regardless but I always make sure I'm extra nice down there for then. LOL It doesn't help that I personally know my OB, she grew up with my Mom and she's known me since I was born. It just makes things so weird but she's amazing so I can't complain too much.
  • Do you all make sure you're nice and shaved before you go to your appointment? LOL

My husband thinks it's weird that I shave everything before I go see my doctor. I tell him that even though my doctor is not attractive, and I'm not trying to "impress" him, I want to feel like I'm presentable. :laugh:

Also, when I go in for my annual they make you completely undress and put on those horrible blue cover thingies... I always pile my clothes neatly in the corner and hide my underwear and bra inbetween my pants. Am I the only one that does that? I mean if you really think about it, the doctor is seeing EVERYTHING... why hide the undies and bra right?

Anyway, those were my TMI questions of the day. MORNING!

yes, yes, and YES!! i do the exact same thing although i think my doctor is gay i'm always "well groomed" but i make sure it is definately presentable the day of! what was weird this last time (i love my doctor he's really cool and makes things easier and less awkward) when he was done he shook my hand thats his thing but it was a little weird to me lol.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    I hate Pap smears! Last one I didn't shave because I was pregnant. The nurse told us ladies Do Not Shave while pregnant. It can cause infection is what she told us. I was so embrassed but yes I mostly shave and hide my bra and underwear.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Yup! Unless it's the end of my pregnancy. Then not only could I not reach but my give a **** button was broken.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Speaking as a student nurse - they're used to everything so it doesn't matter! But if it makes you feel better and more comfortable, then it's worth it!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,810 Member
    ALWAYS! Shaved, showered. Fresh and clean. Not weird at all! and when i have kids i'm hoping i can do the same, lol...i think i'll need some help shaving at that point though... :laugh:

TOTALLY got a brazilian wax when I was like 8 1/2 months pregnant. I mean, I couldn't shave or anything, so I had the pros help me! Been waxing ever since!
  • Tcakes85
    Tcakes85 Posts: 8
    All I'm gonna say is, I'm thankful my appt. has already passed and I don't have to go back until 2013. :wink:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    If you really want to impress, spray a little of this on before your appointment.

Glitter_Hair_Spray_Star_Shine_Glitter-m.jpg
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    I'm the exact same way, I hide my bra and panties between my clothes. And I've always wondered if other women shaved before going to see the OBGYN too. The last I went, I unexpectedly had to get an exam done, and I wasn't shaved....embarrassing. But I think it's just more appropriate and better hygeine to be shaved or at least trimmed down there before a vist.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Like a hobo? How about like a VAGINA- you know, like a vagina. Vaginas have hair, or was I the only one to go though puberty?

I understand keeping it clean and shaving when you want to, but really, if we're getting "dressed up" for a pap smear, there's something wrong.

That said- I totally understand making sure you're shaved before you get induced like another poster said.
    Ummmm.... seriously? Hair is normal, and it's your DOCTOR! Do you really think that it's something they care about?

Nope, but it's something I care about. I don't want my vag looking like a hobo :tongue: