married men

Options

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Both married and single men hit on women, both on MFP and in real life.
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Speaking as a married (and faithful!) man, I have to say that it is disappointing to see the sanctity of marriage being so...neglected. I am a friendly person, and like talking to people, but will not for an INSTANT think of taking things further. I wish I could say the same for all married men.

THIS!!!!
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Some people have no respect for others, I guess. I have photos of my husband so people know I am married and I mention him a lot in any conversation with anyone cause that's how much respect and love I have for him :heart:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Some people have no respect for others, I guess. I have photos of my husband so people know I am married and I mention him a lot in any conversation with anyone cause that's how much respect and love I have for him :heart:

I'm the same. Photo of my lovely wife and me together, and I find myself mentioning her at every opportunity. A LOT of flirting goes on here so I can see why it happens - all the popular topics seem to be along the lines of 'rate the person above' I avoid these too

I don't want to even look like I'm flirting. My rule is simple - I don't say anything to a girl that I wouldn't say to a guy. "You look fabulous, well done" is ok in my book because I would say that to a guy too
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    Yep, if it's more than a flirty comment or two, I just delete them.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    You know it sucks because I enjoy having male friends, so of course I give them the benefit of the doubt. Then they have to go and remind me why im single!

that's a weird statement because you probably don't get hit on my more married men than those who do hit on you. You just don't see/hear from them. it's not like you will hear from happily married men who don't want to hit on you, "hey, I just wanted to let you know - i'm married and don't want to hit on you." so you are just taking information from the creepers who do.

like i train in my customer service classes. "There are millions of satisfied customers out there who are perfectly happy with their product. we just don't hear from those people."

so if you want to use that sample size to define men, or guys, or as some "reason to be single" i think it's probably skewed.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Seriously! What is it with married men on this site hitting on the girls here!? Anyone else experience some perverted men on here?

I've had a few questionable messages. Don't know if the guys were married or not, but my profile clearly says I am. Rest assured though, it's not just men trolling the site for a good time, I'm sure there's plenty of women who do it too.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    The polyamorous pansexual atheist does not approve this topic. :)
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Works both ways hun. I ignore the messages but women are just as bad.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    TheDreadPirateRoberts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've deleted a couple of married women who were flirting at and being flirted with their male MFP friends. I've never flirted with any of the MFP women I have on my list, but I do sometimes compliment them on their profiles if they are down or they think they look ugly or whatever.

I really dont like cheats at all, having been cheated on in the past. If you dont like who you are with, leave them and dont hit on people behind their back. Besides, this isnt Match.com.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    For the record, I am not married.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    SOME perverted men? Almost all of them are.. Thats why I usually dont respond to private messages. lol
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    That's a little racist! I'm married and I don't speak to girls about such things!
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Its not peculiar to MFP. Its social media. Engage them in a back and forth pm and then you got them. Delete followed by block!
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That's sad come on people we should be here for only one thing...to get in shape not this match.com crap:mad:
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    SOME perverted men? Almost all of them are.. Thats why I usually dont respond to private messages. lol
    Cool story , as long as this is some high level sarcasm and not actually genuine.
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    In all fairness to the men, I've seen it happening on both ends of the spectrum ... men and women. I have just learned that I need to consider my words with those individuals. I also agree with a previous poster, I have the problems in other social networks, not just here. It seems to be quite prevalent.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Do you mean out and out hitting on you, or just being flirty/friendly?

Flirty and friendly is fine...but when they start putting out feelers with sexual suggestions that's where I draw the line.
    People have different definitions of what 'flirty' is.
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    delete delete delete. move on.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I'm always friends with the guys who talk (positively) about their girlfriends/wives 24/7.

Of course they could be flirting with other girls (not me), but they seem pretty content in their relationships so...good men are out there :)

^^This!! Thank you.