Girls Lift Heavy Dammit...

Options

Replies

• TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Basically a mix of NRoL4W and StrongLifts 5X5. I spend and hour sometimes and hour and a half, 3 times a week. I start at the squat rack first and do dead lifts after that. Now I am working with dumb bells to fix some strength issues I am having on one side. One of my goals is to be able to do a pull up so I do lat pull downs and neg. pull-ups. I BP and do push ups and rows like crazy too.

I think I need to add to my routine and move my cardio to a seperate day - I'm making the strength gains quickly, but I'm not seeing the physical results I'd like. Currently I can squat 130, DL155, and BP 80, and my goal is to squat and DL 200. AFter that, I'm thinking pullups will be a great goal.

On lifting days that is all I do, just lift. Seems to be working. I try to run 2 times a week.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! Would love to have more heavy WL buddies! I started 5 weeks ago and have already lost 5.5 inches, 2% bf, and 4lbs! The change in my body in such a short time is phenomenal. I work with dumbbells because I work out alone and feel it's safer.
    Also, my husband and I do the exact same workout. (It's outlined in Tom Venuto's book The Body Fat Solution--great book, too!) He lifts heavier than me because he's stronger, but he knows I'm on his tail. :glasses:
  • cateyes00
    cateyes00 Posts: 79
    Options
    I do. I love it. Still a work in progress but I love the process. One month later only 1 pound less, but 2 inches off my waist.

So stop being scared and making excuses and get in the "man cave" side of the gym.

IMG_0777-1-2.jpg
    hard work pays off, your back looks amazing
  • cateyes00
    cateyes00 Posts: 79
    Options
    <
    Oh and look at my huge bulky man muscles I got from the last 5 months of lifting.....:tongue:
    love this post. you look amazingly beautiful.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Im trying!!! Started NROLFW 2 weeks ago and seem to be stuck and getting discouraged. I seem to have no strength in my shoulders. For the rows I am using free weights and cant seem to keep the weights held out in front of me ;-/
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Okay. Okay. Stop yelling at me. I'll do it. :laugh: I'm inspired.

Waiting for a copy of NWRFW from the library.
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ww awesome results! This inspires me to start lifting. I used to use those machines at the gym, but got so bored. I will be ordering the NROWLFM or whatever the acrony, is lol
  • asphyxiac
    asphyxiac Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes! Lift! It is the best thing you can do for yourself. I've never been happier, and I'm still quite weak. One day, I'll be able to bench my body weight and do 10 consecutive pull ups and maybe even have defined abs. That's probably the day I'll die of joy.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    the best part of this website is realizing how attracted i am to women that lift.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    IMG_0777-1-1.jpg

Not sure what happened to the pic, so I put it back up. Thank you everyone for the encouragement.
  • beezbee
    beezbee Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Oooh, no I can see the pictures...AMAZING! You were one of the folks who got me interested in heavy lifting, and I thank the heavens every day for sending you my way. Keep up the good work woman!
  • nickm21
    nickm21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    IMG_0777-1-1.jpg

Not sure what happened to the pic, so I put it back up. Thank you everyone for the encouragement.

You are so awesome! These are the results I want! Will be finishing my gym induction program at the end of the month and moving on to NROLFW. So excited to get lifting heavy :bigsmile:
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Great job! I want to start but am unsure where to begin.
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options

The Book New Rules of Lifting for Women. :flowerforyou:
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options

Do a search on here for New Rules of Lifting for Women or StrongLifts 5X5. Lots of awesome women asking where to start. You will not regret it.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    IMG_0777-1-1.jpg

You are so awesome! These are the results I want! Will be finishing my gym induction program at the end of the month and moving on to NROLFW. So excited to get lifting heavy :bigsmile:

Thank you and you will love it.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Oh, so glad you put the pics back up! You look fantastic, and it's great to see these results. I'm doing New Rules and love, love, love it!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options

Do a search on here for New Rules of Lifting for Women or StrongLifts 5X5. Lots of awesome women asking where to start. You will not regret it.

Thanks!
  • thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    IMG_0777-1-1.jpg

I love this!! Lifting is awesome and I am doing just that right now. My shoulders are really starting to pop. Someday I'll get brave enough to post pictures. Keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!