Girls Lift Heavy Dammit...

Options

Replies

• thesarahsundae
    thesarahsundae Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    IMG_0777-1-1.jpg

Not sure what happened to the pic, so I put it back up. Thank you everyone for the encouragement.

I love this!! Lifting is awesome and I am doing just that right now. My shoulders are really starting to pop. Someday I'll get brave enough to post pictures. Keep up the great work.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Oh, so glad you put the pics back up! You look fantastic, and it's great to see these results. I'm doing New Rules and love, love, love it!

Thank you, glad we are friends:smile:
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    IMG_0777-1-1.jpg

Not sure what happened to the pic, so I put it back up. Thank you everyone for the encouragement.

You are so awesome! These are the results I want! Will be finishing my gym induction program at the end of the month and moving on to NROLFW. So excited to get lifting heavy :bigsmile:

If that's you on the poll you will have no problem. Talk about strength! Damn!
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kelbro1
    kelbro1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I'm starting NROLFW tomorrow and am pretty excited after seeing your results.
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Seriously this has got to be the best forum post in a while... Love the results chic!! Congrats!
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    I do. I love it. Still a work in progress but I love the process. One month later only 1 pound less, but 2 inches off my waist.

So stop being scared and making excuses and get in the "man cave" side of the gym.

IMG_0777-1-2.jpg

Your back is fantastic!! I'm 2 weeks in to NROL4W and soooo hope I start seeing results like this.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    Seriously this has got to be the best forum post in a while... Love the results chic!! Congrats!

Thank you, you're looking pretty good yourself:drinker:
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Any good tips on beginning to lift at home? I really don't have the finances to join a gym right now so I've been doing all of my exercising at home with walking and Zumba on the Wii. I don't have the money nor room in my house for a work out set lol so any tips would be great.
  • NthnButMoonshine
    NthnButMoonshine Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Holy macaroni! Look at you!! You look fantastic!! Congrats on all your hard work. Im dying to start some heavy lifting, thank you for the inspiration. I think Ill look into the previously mentioned books and see what I can learn. Now if only I could find the courage to enter "the man cave"!!
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    "man Cave" is awesome. The first week they just watched me, I ignored them. the 2nd week I got a nod. the 3rd a "hey". The 4th introductions and help, now I spot for them and they bring their GF's in to try to get them to lift.:laugh:
  • TrophyWifeSass
    Options
    Do a forum search on resistant training at home and see what pops up. Also Push-ups are every girls friend and I'm not talking bra's either. Really great for no more bat wings.
  • Aineko
    Aineko Posts: 163
    Options
    "man Cave" is awesome. The first week they just watched me, I ignored them. the 2nd week I got a nod. the 3rd a "hey". The 4th introductions and help, now I spot for them and they bring their GF's in to try to get them to lift.:laugh:
    LOL
    I'm joining gym this week coz I want to start NROLFW from Monday. I'm curious to see how it's gonna go in the "man cave" :D
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Any good tips on beginning to lift at home? I really don't have the finances to join a gym right now so I've been doing all of my exercising at home with walking and Zumba on the Wii. I don't have the money nor room in my house for a work out set lol so any tips would be great.

resistance bands are inexpensive and still give you a good workout - and takes no space whatsoever. Make sure you get a good variety of resistance so that you can make it difficult and really work those muscles.
    Otherwise, cheapest solution is bodyweight - a GREAT place to start. You can google or youtube bodyweight/resistance exercises.
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options

resistance bands are inexpensive and still give you a good workout - and takes no space whatsoever. Make sure you get a good variety of resistance so that you can make it difficult and really work those muscles.
    Otherwise, cheapest solution is bodyweight - a GREAT place to start. You can google or youtube bodyweight/resistance exercises.

Thanks. I have another workout program on my Wii that has a resistance band but I haven't tried it out much yet. I'll give it a shot and look for some others.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    <3 weights
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I just started lifting heavy about 5 weeks ago.... very empowering...and great results! And it scares the boys!
  • watchtheworld
    Options
    I want to start lifting heavy, keep reading great results, but not sure where to start. Do you have a routine that you follow? How often? How much cardio are you adding in? How long does your routine take?

Great results!

StrongLifts 5x5 is popular, as is StartingStrength or Beast Skills.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    First off, CONGRATS!!! I just started the 5x5 stronglifts program and your picture inspires me!

Also, someone asked about doing it at home. If you google the 5x5 minimalist program, it will come up with a stronglifts page that explains it and provides a spreadsheet with the modified 5x5 program for less equipment. I have the spreadsheet on google docs if anyone wants it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!