6 yr old taken to police station in handcuffs

Options
14567810»

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Or maybe that's what caused her anger problems in the first place. What an ignorant thing to say.

doesn't sound like it:

"Johnson's mother, Constance Ruff, says her daughter was suspended until the start of the next school year.

"She has mood swings some days, which all of us have mood swings some days," she told WMAZ-TV. "I guess that was just one of her bad days.""

seriously? she has mood swings and "everyone does it" is her excuse for her child hurting the principal?

Bipolar anyone? They have good medicine for that...
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    So sick of parents not parenting. UGGGGGGG
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If her parents spanked her, this wouldn't be a problem...
    A wooden spoon speaks volumes.

R U Italian?! LOL

That's how it was done in our house when I was younger
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    So sick of parents not parenting. UGGGGGGG

And then it's everyone else's fault when something happens. :/
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options

R U Italian?! LOL

That's how it was done in our house when I was younger

Mine too until my mom got tired of breaking her spoons. She moved up to bigger pieces of wood. :/
  • kerriberry74
    kerriberry74 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

*sigh* Oh memories...I had many a wooden spoon broken over my bum and I turned out fine.

Yup.....those wooden spoons.....They hurt when they broke. When I was 12 I made the mistake of telling my mother that the spoon didn't hurt anymore when they broke.....The next time I got in trouble....I quickly noticed that she bought longer and thicker wooden spoons! She's a smart lady!

Bahaha! I told my mom that didn't hurt once...the next time I got in trouble my Daddy came at me with a PADDLE! :laugh:

It only took a couple of paddlings from my Dad for me to learn my lesson. The only one I remember the actual reason for was my having tormented my babysitter... I deserved it. Even now, 30 some years later, he can give me 'the look' :angry: & i'll stop dead in my tracks!
  • sissypunks
    Options
    if she has these kind of tantrums they need to get her help if she is OK (no cause for said behavior ) then she needs discipline and in my house that means warning than spanking there is nothing wrong with a spanking people have done so for millions of years the crime rates were not as high when it was common practice now that its found upon many kids are bully's and brats when my brother and i was kids we knew if we were told one time and did not stop what ever it was the belt was the next step and i have to say i don't remember getting the belt more than a time or 2 teach them when they r young and they toe the line when older ask my 4 .
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Options
    The family on Tuesday demanded that the city change its policy, the Associated Press reported, and claimed the girl was shaken up while at the police station.
    Good?
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Unlocked?
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    What, no pepper spray? Jeez kids are so coddled these days!
  • offdutyguy
    Options
    Were the parents called? Calling the police seems extreme. Back in the good old days the paddle would have been broken out and maybe a little attitude adjustment would be in order. Seems like the Parents should have handled it to me. But I dont really know all the details. I think the Police have better things to do then dealing with a 6 yr. old.

It said the school attempted to contact the mother 6 times before the police were called.

I feel if the child is in danger of hurting him or her self or others then the school had every right to contact the police to resolve the situation. Everyone is so sue happy these days any other action would have most definitely landed the school/principle with a lawsuit.
  • offdutyguy
    Options
    I totally agree. If you cant get a hold of a guardian I guess you have to call the police if he cant be controlled.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Were the parents called? Calling the police seems extreme. Back in the good old days the paddle would have been broken out and maybe a little attitude adjustment would be in order. Seems like the Parents should have handled it to me. But I dont really know all the details. I think the Police have better things to do then dealing with a 6 yr. old.

Yes, they tried to reach the parents SIX times!
  • niksinnotts
    niksinnotts Posts: 62 Member
    Options

My mom hit me with a metal spoon once when I was a teen... and I'm perfectly fine. The other personalities, however, can get quite rowdy ;-)
    lol
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You break the law, you get treated like a criminal. I don't care how old you are. What your mental capacity is, or if you are disabled.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options

*sigh* Oh memories...I had many a wooden spoon broken over my bum and I turned out fine.

Yup.....those wooden spoons.....They hurt when they broke. When I was 12 I made the mistake of telling my mother that the spoon didn't hurt anymore when they broke.....The next time I got in trouble....I quickly noticed that she bought longer and thicker wooden spoons! She's a smart lady!

Bahaha! I told my mom that didn't hurt once...the next time I got in trouble my Daddy came at me with a PADDLE! :laugh:

It only took a couple of paddlings from my Dad for me to learn my lesson. The only one I remember the actual reason for was my having tormented my babysitter... I deserved it. Even now, 30 some years later, he can give me 'the look' :angry: & i'll stop dead in my tracks!
    I told my mom once I was gonna call the police if she hit me and she told me I better call a paramedic too cuz I'd need one by the time the cops got there....problem solved :tongue: LOL
  • itsasecretdarnit
    Options
    heaven forbid we give the little BRAT a trauma. GOOD FOR THE SCHOOL if she had better parents that wouldn't of happened. obviously her parents let her get away with anything she wants that's what the problem is today there isn't ENOUGH parenting. she attacks a principle and endanger other by throwing shelves books and toys what is this kid gonna be like at 10 or 12. bravo school for stepping in and doing what the parents wouldn't making this kid mind