6 yr old taken to police station in handcuffs

Options

Replies

• horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    it is sad that it had to come down to this and the poor kid is the one suffering from the fact her parents arent doing their job in my humble yet accurate opinion.

but it should open the eyes of the parents! should I said. obviously its easier for them to focus on someone else that was DOING THEIR JOB as oppossed to the parents doing their job in the first place.

Unless you tell me that this child has a severe mental disorder I say good for the cops and shame on those parents.

This subject just boils my blood. Whats really scary are the kids that are being raised by these parents that dont set them up for the real world arent going to be worth **** when they are adults.

That little girl needs an *kitten* whooping PERIOD. Send her to my house. Those parents need an *kitten* whooping too.

I dont give a damn if this hurts someones feelings or if someone finds this offensive. Suck it up and go discipline your kids cause Im sure if this did hurt your feelings you are one of those *kitten* clowns raising a worthless adult.

DID YOU EVER KNOW THAT YOUR MY HERO.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    If her parents spanked her, this wouldn't be a problem...

A wooden spoon speaks volumes.

*sigh* Oh memories...I had many a wooden spoon broken over my bum and I turned out fine.

Yup.....those wooden spoons.....They hurt when they broke. When I was 12 I made the mistake of telling my mother that the spoon didn't hurt anymore when they broke.....The next time I got in trouble....I quickly noticed that she bought longer and thicker wooden spoons! She's a smart lady!

The one thing we never said..

"That didn't hurt" :tongue:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Hold on, here's a question. So - it's okay for the police to use handcuffs on a 6 year old, but what would those same school administrators do if they saw a child come to school with signs of restraining bruises on a child's wrists? They'd call those same police officers, and what would those same police officers do when they saw those same restraining bruises? Seriously? You're cheering the school administration and police on for doing the same thing that a parent would be arrested for doing and CPS would be called in for observing.
    My daughter has a mood disorder. We gave the school documentation with confirmation from her psychiatrist that there could be times where she would have to be physically restrained and some bruising might occur. If this child has some sort of mental illness, she needs treatment, not parents blaming the police and school for dealing with the aftermath of an untreated condition.
    If she's doesn't have some sort of mental illness, then she obviously isn't being disciplined at home. There are witnesses to the handcuffing by the police, there typically aren't witnesses to how bruising occurs at home.

And the fact that you are actively parenting your children and seeking the necessary assistance for your family is one of the reasons that I find it doubtful that we will see this story repeated with your child in the headlines.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    it is sad that it had to come down to this and the poor kid is the one suffering from the fact her parents arent doing their job in my humble yet accurate opinion.

but it should open the eyes of the parents! should I said. obviously its easier for them to focus on someone else that was DOING THEIR JOB as oppossed to the parents doing their job in the first place.

Unless you tell me that this child has a severe mental disorder I say good for the cops and shame on those parents.

This subject just boils my blood. Whats really scary are the kids that are being raised by these parents that dont set them up for the real world arent going to be worth **** when they are adults.

That little girl needs an *kitten* whooping PERIOD. Send her to my house. Those parents need an *kitten* whooping too.

I dont give a damn if this hurts someones feelings or if someone finds this offensive. Suck it up and go discipline your kids cause Im sure if this did hurt your feelings you are one of those *kitten* clowns raising a worthless adult.

:flowerforyou:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    If my little girl acted like that, I'd have her cuffed (I mean really, are there actually cuffs to hold a 6 yo girl?) and tell her I'll pick her up the next mornging

Same! And she knows it which is why she would never act this way.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options

*sigh* Oh memories...I had many a wooden spoon broken over my bum and I turned out fine.

Yup.....those wooden spoons.....They hurt when they broke. When I was 12 I made the mistake of telling my mother that the spoon didn't hurt anymore when they broke.....The next time I got in trouble....I quickly noticed that she bought longer and thicker wooden spoons! She's a smart lady!

Bahaha! I told my mom that didn't hurt once...the next time I got in trouble my Daddy came at me with a PADDLE! :laugh:
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options

The one thing we never said..

"That didn't hurt" :tongue:

LMFAO yah well....I thought I would be all BadAss and make her think she didn't phase me.....Stupid stupid me....:frown:
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options

Bahaha! I told my mom that didn't hurt once...the next time I got in trouble my Daddy came at me with a PADDLE! :laugh:

HAHAHAHA I got it with a plastic paddle!
  • horndave
    Options
    This must be ugly side of the board, but it's easy to judge until it's YOUR little girl being handcuffed thrown in a police car. God have mercy on all of you.

I have already sold my soul. No mercy needed.
    Ok, Mr. Big Stuff. :-)

LOL, I am just me. Not big, small or medium.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    they could have isolated the child in another way. If security was needed, so be it. If the police were needed, they could have taken the child into a room and contacted the parents/emergency contacts. Handcuffs is excessive for a 6 year old. I do agree there is a safety issue at stake though.

But wasn't it stated that the police officer tried to get ahold of the mother 6 times? How many times do the police need to try and contact the parents before they need to do anything? If the authorities kept that child in an empty room until the parents came to pick the child up, they would be complaining about that too... By the way... the parents didn't come pick up the child... the aunt did, so I wonder how long she was in "custody" of the police.

Wait a dang minute, her parents didn't even pick her up? Sorry but the schools my children attend have my cell #, work #, my bosses desk # and the # to one of the admins (in case I'm in a meeting). If I'm in a meeting and the school calls, someone is pulling me out of said meeting.

I'm not sure there was anything else the officer could've done, maybe he was more concerned for her safety if she was going all batsh*t crazy. Perhaps he saw the mess she made and decided he didn't want her trying to come at him like a rabid bobcat when they arrived at the police station.

It's really hard to say since I wasn't there, but I don't think he was out of line. I think the parents are out of line that the school calls you 6 times and you don't answer/return a call. There's a reason they make you fill out the emergency contact cards.

I think it's safe to assume this was probably the FIRST time they've had to deal with an out of control 6 y/o. I'm sure they'll be writing up an SOP for these types of situations!

That's what I read in another article on the subject... that her aunt picked her up from the police station... I'm thinking, seriously... all numbers that the school reaches me from will be in my phone as "School"... and it's by me 99% of the day... there is little to no excuse for a parent to not pick up the phone when a school calls.... unless of course, this isn't the first time this has happened and the parents ignore calls from the schools much like one does bill collectors... :indifferent:
  • hotcocoa8
    hotcocoa8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

The way things are going civil rights is going right out the window, and as a result peoples rights are going to continue to be violated, and it's not going to stay in a box, or a contained to a certain group watch. it's going to spill over no matter who you are, you are going to be affected. That day is coming real soon you will see, and it's going to be the have and the have not who have the rights and who doesn't have rights. So, just keep celebrating.
  • boomboom011
    Options

The way things are going civil rights is going right out the window, and as a result peoples rights are going to continue to be violated, and it's not going to stay in a box, or a contained to a certain group watch. it's going to spill over no matter who you are, you are going to be affected. That day is coming real soon you will see, and it's going to be the have and the have not who have the rights and who doesn't have rights. So, just keep celebrating.

oh no celebration here. its messed up and you are so right. its getting worse every day. too bad not everyone can see that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    Seems like these days, they need to get started early since the parents don't do anything to punish their children with the exception of "time-out". Yeah time-out will teach kids some real discipline. :huh:
    I do fine with mine that way. Seems it's more important for a parent to be a parent, then the actual punishment that's the issue these days.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Seems like these days, they need to get started early since the parents don't do anything to punish their children with the exception of "time-out". Yeah time-out will teach kids some real discipline. :huh:
    I do fine with mine that way. Seems it's more important for a parent to be a parent, then the actual punishment that's the issue these days.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I agree with that... parents have gotten lazy. And it's reflected in the seemingly majority of the younger of the last generation and this one as well.
  • horndave
    Options

See I think you are correct in this aspect.
  • k8blujay2
    Options

oh no celebration here. its messed up and you are so right. its getting worse every day. too bad not everyone can see that.

I agree, no celebration here either...
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Yeah...what you wrote has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Once again, stop pampering the kids and blaming everybody besides the parents and the kids for the faults that're done. Geez does nobody want to be responsible for their actions anymore?
  • boomboom011
    Options

Yeah...what you wrote has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Once again, stop pampering the kids and blaming everybody besides the parents and the kids for the faults that're done. Geez does nobody want to be responsible for their actions anymore?

oh no. personal responsibility? never!
    Wouldnt that be something? :drinker:
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    If my kid was a nightmare, I would applaud them taking her away in handcuffs. Maybe she will think about it next time. Scared straight!

This.
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    If she was destroying property and on a tangent, she needed to be handcuffed. It's called being combative. It protects those around her and herself.