So you have lost weight, but what are your top 5 NSVs?

Options

Replies

• LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    sorry double post, this site is getting slower each day :grumble:
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    #1: Riding my motorcycle - I never would have bought one at my high weight.
    #2: The fantastic friends that I have met through DS-related boards - most of my best friends have been through the same amazing life-saving surgery that I have.
    #3: Career success - I cannot tell you how many times I applied for and was denied positions I was overqualified for - but I was a size 26 and now I'm an 8.
    #4: Being late to the gym and KNOWING I'd be able to run into a resale shop and buy a t-shirt for a DOLLAR so I didn't have to drive home. (Plato's Closet has a "Dollar T-shirt Bin" - and at a small/medium, it's pretty much a guarantee they'll have *something* in my size)
    #5: Dating - I still hate first dates, but at least I can find a decent date DRESS even if I can't always find a decent date. *laugh*
  • Stowguy2012
    Stowguy2012 Posts: 111
    Options
    I don't have any of my own yet but congrats to everyone here
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    #5- Getting compliments about my weight loss from friends, family members, and co-workers :smooched:

#4- Being able to sport the rad DC shorts I hid at the bottom of my drawer years ago (for the "day-I'm-not-a-fat-*kitten*-anymore")

#3- Got married on 1/9/12 & now my wedding ring slides right off!!!! To the jeweler I must go!!! :bigsmile:

#2- My sweet tooth craves fruit over candy bars....HALLELUJAH!!!

#1- I am not afraid of bikini shopping, full-length mirrors, or candid camera shots anymore!!

:drinker: Cheers to all MFPeeps & their NSVs!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I have several but my fav. one is the fact that the plastic lid on the toilet seat doesn't cave in when I sit on it! I guess it can safely hold 150lbs without bending because that's what I weighed when it stopped sinking in. LOL
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    1. Being able to stay away from "plus size clothing"
    2. Donating the clothes that no longer fit me to a coworker then having her say 'i was looking through those last night and thought there's NO WAY, you used to fit in that"
    3. Feeling my hip bones
    4. My husband being able to lift me up
    5. Being able to pass the cookies and chips without a second glance
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    1. Giving my size 16 pants and shorts to a friend since I now wear an 8 soon to be a 6!
    2. Having everyone that sees me say how fantastic I look and asking me how I did it.
    3. Increased energy and self confidence.
    4. Having men take notice of me.
    5. Buying clothes I never dreamed of buying before and wearing high heels again (hello feeling sexy again!) :bigsmile:
  • roguestates
    roguestates Posts: 223
    Options
    Currently appreciating the defined shoulders, and I'm looking forward to smaller breasts :)
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    1. My butt is smaller
    2. Clothes from years ago is loose on me
    3. I can feel the muscles in my arms
    4. Being more confident about what I wear and being more confident period :)
    5. Walking up stairs without breathing so hard
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    No longer borderline type 2 diabetes.
    Normal cholesteral and blood pressure.
    FIVE THOUSAND TIMES MORE CONFIDENT
    Better skin
    Cute clothes
    So many less aches and pains.
    Enjoying exercise
    Enjoying eating healthy
    Always fitting into a booth at a restaurant...no doubt about it.
    Easier to fit into airplane seats
    My kids being proud of me
    Being called tiny, petite, slim, hot.....(and not obese)
    Just HAPPIER.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    1. Lost 4 inches off my waist.
    2. Did not lose my boobs
    3. Ran a half marathon
    4. Quit smoking
    5. Achieved 14% BF
  • emmcard
    emmcard Posts: 1
    Options
    Not having to strategically pose my children in front to hide my body like I did in most every picture taken from their birth to age 5. Allowing myself to be photographed for that matter instead of insisting on taking them all myself because I hated the way I looked. :smile:

Don't have to take my inhaler every time I work out anymore.

Laughing at the fact I used to be sucking wind 15 minutes into a Zumba class and now I'm registered for my first 5K.

Reappearance of the fantastic disappearing collar and hip bones.

Look ma! No more thigh chafing
  • smartmom0818
    Options
    After 10 days of being on here:

1. I can do 14 minute exercise programs without stopping
    2. I did my first lunges today
    3. I can see slight definition forming in my thighs
    4. I have not had any juice or kool aid in 10 days
    5. I have not cheated on my food diary at all
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    1. I can outrun anyone on the treadmill at the gym....LOL
    2. I ran a half marathon...yes, ran...didnt walk!
    3. My husband tells me that my butt and thighs are smaller than when I was 18 years old..
    4. I've learned that it's about the journey.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    In order of importance to me:

#5: Being a much smaller lump under our fluffy, down comforter that my husband totally didn't see me when I was hiding under it!
    #4: Being able to shop in almost any store now and not have to seek out the plus sizes. Hello misses! Not only that, finally being able to enjoy clothing now. It's fun! (almost too much fun, as I'm spending way too much money now!)
    #3: Have friends, family, co-workers, and even the VP of my company compliment me and encourage me on my weight loss journey. This feels great!!
    #2: Going to Hawaii and wearing my two piece swim suit without scarring anyone!!
    #1: Finally, for the first time in 10 years, finding my confidence again. Can't put a price on it and it's hard to measure, but for the first time, I'm wanting to visit old friends I haven't seen for years and not inwardly cringing in embarrassment at how much I've let myself go.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    #5 No more plus sizes for me, thanks!
    #4 Profile pic of me sharing my old size 26 jeans with my 12 year old
    #3 Recently rode a horse for the first time in 15 years because I no longer felt "too fat" to do so
    #2 Rode a ferris wheel with my daughter without fear of not being able to fit
    #1 My own grandmother didn't recognize me in the store...and not because she's senile! ;)
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    I dont have to hold my breath to tie my shoe
    Can play with the kids and ride a bike without lookinh like I suck up the thing.
    But the best is my BP went from 180 to 127
    Havent lost a whole lot of weight but size matters in this situation
  • jrlja5
    jrlja5 Posts: 59
    Options
    --I can sit on the couch with jeans on and be comfortable.
    --I can slide my shorts off without unbuttoning them!
    --my hubby comments on my back now--no more rolls
    --went from a large to a medium
    --everyone comments on my weight loss
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    1. not being able to wear my favorite jeans anymore because my husband said "you need some new jeans, those are way too baggy"
    2. going to my sons graduation and not being able to fit into any of my dress clothes!
    3. not being afraid to be in front of a camera! that is a new one and the source of my profile picture! I was shocked when I saw how little I looked!
    4. not feeling ugly when I have sex with my husband
    5. people telling me how great I look and how toned!
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    1. Some of my jeans are fitting better.
    2. I have to wear a belt with a majority of my pants now.
    3. I'm less worried about how my arms look with cap sleeves or sleeveless shirts.
    4. Some of my rings are loose on my fingers.
    5. My feet hurt less.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!