Z. Class that causes me marriage stress part II.

Options

Replies

• teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that you should write a book with all these bits of wisdom you collect from these experiences.

SAVE your money for a marriage counselor because you're never gonna win! But I give you kudos for trying.

Cheers!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    freaking hilarious!

so my first question would be how long have you been married? and if it is longer then 10 years, has your wife been paying attention to your personality? :laugh: :laugh:

But I give you husband points for trying the class.

May 31st, 2003. Sooo that is.....(counting on hands here). 9 YEARS!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I've read both threads - you write an enjoyable read.

I would never get my husband to a Zumba class. Not ever. I thought Zumba sounded fantastic. After all, what's not to like? Sexy music, great moves and burns calories: win, win and win. Being frugal and somewhat self-conscious, I borrowed my neighbour's Wii Zumba. Holy hockey sticks, I have discovered I am in a whole new realm of being rhythmically challenged. The upside of the experiment was that I spent no money and there are no (to my knowledge) witnesses. The downside was that I foolishly did it after dark, in my living room, in front of the large picture window. This situation offers the window the opportunity to be a large mirror so I could see every shimmy, shake and booty jiggle so these images are burned into my retinas. Also, one must not forget that the window is not in fact, a mirror, but still a window...the neighbours haven't said anything directly, but I have noticed a lack of eye contact (I hope that only my imagination.) :embarassed:

I hope you guys kiss and make up.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    My opinion is that you should write a book with all these bits of wisdom you collect from these experiences.

SAVE your money for a marriage counselor because you're never gonna win! But I give you kudos for trying.

Cheers!

Marriage counseling, chocolates, flowers, zumba class fees, I'm sorry I'm a man cards, oils for back rubs and foot massages.. It's $$$ being a man.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but you sound kinda like a jerk, I bet your wife is pissed a lot huh?
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

She is married to me, I think that I have that effect on people.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    The only thing more funny in this thread than your story is that people are so pissed at you. :drinker:
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options

I thought it was awesome that you even bothered to try. Its more than my husband would do. He was all like, "Oh hells no, I would NEVER do that!" :laugh:
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I read part one and of course part two, but I really don't have anything nice to say about your wife so I don't want to bash her without knowing the whole story. But I will. She sounds immature and insecure to me, just based off of your two stories. Sorry.
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    That was hilarious! I read the first part, too. You are a very entertaining storyteller! Does your wife not understand how ridiculous she acts, though? Or does she just act kind of pissy about it at first and then y'all crack up about it a couple hours later? I can only hope that you are exaggerating her behavior for comedic effect because wow that must suck!!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    That was hilarious! I read the first part, too. You are a very entertaining storyteller! Does your wife not understand how ridiculous she acts, though? Or does she just act kind of pissy about it at first and then y'all crack up about it a couple hours later? I can only hope that you are exaggerating her behavior for comedic effect because wow that must suck!!

She's of German and Italian decent. (Her G-ma is 100% Italian and her G-pa is half German) She BLOWS up and then usually later she apologize. Usually it's childish antics by me that cause it, this time I am truly unaware.
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    Hahahahaha sorry but this is too funny
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

I saw this and thought of you :-)

th_zumba.jpg
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

I thought it was awesome that you even bothered to try. Its more than my husband would do. He was all like, "Oh hells no, I would NEVER do that!" :laugh:

I agree, my husband is SUPER passive and he was like "Don't even think about it!" :laugh: You're totally not a jerk, JRC.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Hahahaha

I saw this and thought of you :-)

th_zumba.jpg

Omg awesome, this is amazing!
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Who asks their husband/boyfriend to do Zumba? Anti-cute...
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options

She's of German and Italian decent. (Her G-ma is 100% Italian and her G-pa is half German) She BLOWS up and then usually later she apologize. Usually it's childish antics by me that cause it, this time I am truly unaware.
    I am Italian and my blow ups are generally caused by some childish antics of the fiance, I of course am completely innocent in everything!!! :noway: ....I totally relate. But I have to say, you have a flare for writing and I LOL'ed while reading your story...do you do this often, if so, friend me...seriously!!! :drinker:
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options

Well as long as you know how lucky you are to have a girl that will put up with your butt then :drinker:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You should blog, these are hilarious!!
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I was kind of thinking the same as some of the others- I don't know of anyone who'd be pissed if their male partner wasn't into (what they would see as) girly dance classes, let alone attempt to force them to attend. Give me a break already... *eyeroll* I commend OP for giving it the ole college try. The storytelling was hilarious.