JUNE STARTERS

Options

Replies

• dlhenry511
    dlhenry511 Posts: 64
    Options
    Welcome! I notice you quit smoking too. May I ask how you did it?

Me? I quit using the nicotine patch. I'm actually using the generic brand because I had bad skin reactions to the NicoDerm CQ brand (and it made my arm feel REALLY weird). Only two weeks left and I'm off the patch. woo hoo! :bigsmile:

Good for you! I have been an on and off smoker for a long time. I just cant seem to kick it all together.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I notice you quit smoking too. May I ask how you did it?

Me? I quit using the nicotine patch. I'm actually using the generic brand because I had bad skin reactions to the NicoDerm CQ brand (and it made my arm feel REALLY weird). Only two weeks left and I'm off the patch. woo hoo! :bigsmile:

Good for you! I have been an on and off smoker for a long time. I just cant seem to kick it all together.

I was an on/off smoker for 6 years (10-16) and then I smoked regularly a pack a day for 8 (16-24). The patch really does help!! Once you decide to do it, you'll find its a lot easier with the aids than you think. You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    My name is Jessica and I just started about two weeks ago. I don't have much weight to lose, but I'd really like to get back in shape (I'm so un-fit!!) and tone up.

Start weight: 120
    Current weight : 117
    Goal weight: 110

By the way, if you're looking at the picture I have posted and think "There's no way she needs to lose weight!", it was taken about five or six years ago when I was probably 107 pounds. :blushing:
  • dlhenry511
    dlhenry511 Posts: 64
    Options
    Hey, I'm Julie. Technically I started for New Years (haha) but I'm recommitting now.

Starting: 207
    Current: 181
    Goal: 130
    Mini Goal: size 12 by the end of the summer. (currently between a 16 and 14) and to run 3 mi in 1/2 hour.

I'm single and work for a church in a college town...not much else to say!

Heres to recommitting! I think a couple of us are in that boat. We can do it!
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome June Starters!! Good luck everybody with your goals!! :drinker:
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Options
    I am in my 2nd week.. My name is Gretchen and I live in PA.

Start weight:179
    Current: 177
    Goal: 150

Good Luck everyone:drinker:
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I started last week also, I am married and have a four year old daughter.
    My stats are;
    Starting weight - 261.2
    currently - 257.2
    goal - 140 (ish)
    My mini goal is to lose 15 more pounds by August 1st. (my b-day)
    :smile:
  • cmalborn
    cmalborn Posts: 2
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I just started on this site this week. Having a bit of a hard time getting used to this.

Starting weight is 195
    Goal is 140 or less

I work at a desk all day, a mother of a 2 year old boy. I live in Akron, Ohio w/ my boyfriend of 7 years and our 2 year old son
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Gemi.

Start weight 250
    Weight lost 10
    Inches lost 6.5
    Goal weight 170-180 (wherever it feels right)
    Fitness Goal- I want to be able to run. (long story)

I'm a sahw, hidden object game junkie, artist, music fiend and a lucky lucky Aunt.

Woo hoo folks! Let's go! :drinker: (I'm pounding water today heh)
  • Rica03
    Rica03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!
    My name is Erica, I live in the Rocky Mtns, about 30 miles west of Vail. I gained close to 30 lbs 2 years ago when I quit smoking. Have not touched it since!
    I am the Mother of two 13 yr old boy and 5 yr old girl. I have been married to my husband for 9 years-yesterday.

Starting Weight 178.5
    Current Weight 176
    Goal Weight 155
    Mini Goal 165 by July 26th

I exercise almost everyday, I love to mtn bike and I was a big runner until I got hurt the beginning of April and have been out of commission since then with Therapy and the works. May get to start running again next week, slowly. I would love to run a half and full marathon one of these days just to say I did it!
  • hickory
    hickory Posts: 42
    Options
    Oo..me..mee!

Shannon
    Starting weight: 148
    Current weight: 147
    Major goal: 105 (I'm 5 feet tall)
    Mini goal: ?? don't have one - just working out, eating right, and praying for that scale to move down!

I'm a mom of 3 boys, ages 9, 5, 2. Will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary Aug. 12. I work from home for an international software company.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    starting weight: 286
    just started today =]
    my goal is to be 160 lbs but i'm taking it slow so i can keep it off
    my mini goal hmmm lose 6 lbs by july 19th (my bf's birthday)..

I'm 21 currently living in richmond, virginia w my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years... we have 2 dogs (labs) and 2 cats who are our kids for now. I look forward to talking with all of you and if any of you need any help or anything please feel free to contact me and i'll do what i can. :flowerforyou:

All right!! There's my girl!!! So glad you joined us!!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    AWESOMENES!!!!
    So glad to see there are so many of us.... And all of us at different stages of weight and life!!! Fantastic!!
    I am really hoping that we can all buckle down and really get busy and serious with our weight loss.
    I am going to bring as much to the table as I possible can.... Between exercise ideas, fun stuff, recipes, struggles, triumphs...you name it!!
    Our goal will be to share and encourage one another!!
    We are women!! We're strong! We CAN do this!!!

Side note....If a dude wants to join us...that's fine too :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Hey, I'm Julie. Technically I started for New Years (haha) but I'm recommitting now.

Starting: 207
    Current: 181
    Goal: 130
    Mini Goal: size 12 by the end of the summer. (currently between a 16 and 14) and to run 3 mi in 1/2 hour.

I'm single and work for a church in a college town...not much else to say!

Heres to recommitting! I think a couple of us are in that boat. We can do it!

WORD!!! :happy:
  • crystalbennett5
    crystalbennett5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Crystal and I joined two weeks ago and am loving it!! Good luck to everyone.

Starting weight: 234
    Current Weight: 229
    Longterm Goal: 170

I am 24 years old. I am a mom to a beautiful baby girl who will be nine mths old at the end of this month. I have a wonderful boyfriend of eight years. I am a registered nurse with a bachelor in nursing (BNRN) and am currently on maternity leave and loving it!
  • jeanns
    jeanns Posts: 58
    Options
    I started in late May: Can I still be part of the June starters group? :flowerforyou:

Current weight: 164lb
    Current weight: 161lb
    goal weight: 145-140lb
    mini goal: 154lb by my birthday (august first)

I live in the pacific northwest with my boyfriend of six years and our english bulldog. I'm starting nursing school in the fall and I just want to get to a weight I'm comfortable with and be happy in my body! we only get one!

BTW, any runners want to share tips? I'm running my first half marathon July 19th! :noway:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I started in late May: Can I still be part of the June starters group? :flowerforyou:

Current weight: 164lb
    Current weight: 161lb
    goal weight: 145-140lb
    mini goal: 154lb by my birthday (august first)

I live in the pacific northwest with my boyfriend of six years and our english bulldog. I'm starting nursing school in the fall and I just want to get to a weight I'm comfortable with and be happy in my body! we only get one!

BTW, any runners want to share tips? I'm running my first half marathon July 19th! :noway:

Absolutely!!! We're the coolest!! :glasses:
    Glad to have you!!
    AND you too Crystal!!!
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey june starters:flowerforyou:

Starting weight 167
    Current weight 164
    Goal Weight 130

I am a mom a beautiful girl aged 2 and 11 months.I am exercising five to six days week.
  • jeanns
    jeanns Posts: 58
    Options
    So I do have a question: I've seen a lot of different groups on these threads...how do we find them again, or do we just have to keep checking. Sorry :blushing: I'm not that computer savvy
  • mel_renee
    mel_renee Posts: 15
    Options
    Hello Fellow June Starters!! Thanks for starting this group Kandyjo :smile:

i just joined MFP 2 weeks ago and so far really liking it...well, here are my stats so far *eeks*

Start weight: 182.5
    Current weight: 180.5
    Weight Goal: 140
    Mini Goal: to weight between 150-160 lbs before my b-day (Sept 4)!!!!

i live in toronto, ontario, canada...am recently engaged to my best friend/soulmate, hoping to set a wedding date soon :heart: :smile: