JUNE STARTERS

Options

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I'm Betty B - 33 yrs old - SAHM and I work part time (freelancer) from home. I had two babies in less than two years, and it did a number on my figure!

Height: 5'8"
    BMI: 25.2
    Start weight: 165
    First Weight Goal: 148
    Goal Date: September 1st
    Ultimate Goal: 138
    Goal Date: December 31st

I took my pic on Monday when I started, and hope to take a pic every Monday that I weigh in. I am doing the Shred challenge, and I feel like I already see a difference!

Good luck to everyone!!!
    :flowerforyou:

Welcome to June STarters and awesome about the Shred Challenge.... I ordered 30 Day Shred online and still haven't gotten it yet :sad: I'm so ready to get started!!!!
  • dlhenry511
    dlhenry511 Posts: 64
    Options
    I am Matt and I just graduated. I overheard someone at the gym talking about this site so I joined. I have a long way to go but I am losing fast already.

Starting Weight (2.5 weeks ago): 262
    Current Weight: 250
    Mini Goal (Aug 1st): 230
    End Goal: 200 (or less)

Time to Shrink!!!

Welcome to the first dude! Keep up the good work!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Hi, Im Leah, I started on the 1st of june so I just scrape in:laugh: to starting in june and I would love to jion the group.

Starting weight 103.7kg (228.1pounds)
    Current Weight 98.9kg (217.6pounds)
    by spring 1st sept(in oz) < 90kg (<200 pounds)
    eventually 65 -67kg (about145 pounds)

Im australian, living in queensland with 3 children and a husband that works away a lot. I am sooooo sick of not having my own life and only being an extention of everyone elses life that I am on a mission to find Leah and get a life!

Welcome!!! I have always wanted to visit Australia!! (: Good luck!!
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I joined this site not too long ago, a week or so ago. (Hi Ericalynn!:happy: )

My weight loss actually started a year ago. (May 2008) I was at 280.
    When I joined this site I was 225.
    I am currently 223.
    My long term goal is to be at least 160.
    Short term goal is to be rocking size 14's by Fall. (I don't care what I have to weigh, I just want to be in a 14!! I've never been in anything smaller than a 18 in my whole adult life!!) Currently I'm in a 16/18 depending on the brand.

Happy losing!! And we CAN do this!!
  • dlhenry511
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I am currently 223.
    Short term goal is to be rocking size 14's by Fall. (I don't care what I have to weigh, I just want to be in a 14!! I've never been in anything smaller than a 18 in my whole adult life!!) Currently I'm in a 16/18 depending on the brand.

Welcome. And congrats on your already amazing weight loss. Keep it up!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    OK, JUNE STARTERS, We are going to check in every Monday with our weight....
    That means, every Monday, take your weight and "weigh in" (post your weight). This is a good way to keep track of any losses we have in the group week by week!!
    So, Look for the post JUNE STARTERS - MONDAY WEIGH-IN on Monday and make sure you post in the thread. A good way to keep us motivated and excited. Even if you didn't lose anything that week....still post. You can gain encouragement from our other group members!!! AND sometimes we don't lose poundage, but we are losing inches....if you want to post inches lost that is fine!!!
    Ok, wanted to let you guys know so you could keep an eye open for it!
    Good luck everyone!!! The weekend is coming!!! Bitter sweet!!! I love weekends, but that is where I face my biggest temptation to "pig out"! Lets stay focused!!!

JUNE STARTERS ROCK!!!!

:heart:
  • ericawebb11
    Options
    Hey everyone!

I am currently 223.

yay i'm sooo glad you joined the group toooooooo :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • ericawebb11
    Options
    So i just have to share with everybody my new favorite snack!! it's the Special K Multi Grain crackers (the ones that come in the little 90 calorie pack) and a wedge of the light original laughing cow cheese! together it's like 125 calories and its sooooo yummmmmmyy!!! I know i'm crazy, just had to share!
  • dlhenry511
    Options
    OK, JUNE STARTERS, We are going to check in every Monday with our weight....
    That means, every Monday, take your weight and "weigh in" (post your weight). This is a good way to keep track of any losses we have in the group week by week!!
    So, Look for the post JUNE STARTERS - MONDAY WEIGH-IN on Monday and make sure you post in the thread. A good way to keep us motivated and excited. Even if you didn't lose anything that week....still post. You can gain encouragement from our other group members!!! AND sometimes we don't lose poundage, but we are losing inches....if you want to post inches lost that is fine!!!
    Ok, wanted to let you guys know so you could keep an eye open for it!
    Good luck everyone!!! The weekend is coming!!! Bitter sweet!!! I love weekends, but that is where I face my biggest temptation to "pig out"! Lets stay focused!!!

JUNE STARTERS ROCK!!!!

:heart:

Thank you so much for coordinating this. I know it is really going to help me stay on track! We'll talk on Monday. Have a good weekend and be strong!
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So glad we have a big group here! I wanted to report that I have lost another 2 lbs and coulnd tbe more excited! Just wanted to share the good news! Also, I am going to a BBQ tomorrow. Anyone have any good healthy ideas for salads or side dishes? Happy Friday!

Congratulations on the 2 lbs, that's awsome! :happy: Hopefully we'll all be sharing great news like that soon!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    HI ALL! I'm Stefani,
    I officially started June 1rst.
    I have a fiance (he just proposed last month) of 2 1/2 years (we new eachother much longer though) and a 15 month old daughter.

After he proposed me and a couple girlfriends decided to check out some wedding dresses. Well I'm in a 16 ish pants and the woman at the counter says: "We don't have anything here that will fit you." OUCH! It still stings! LOL That's just one more reason I decided to do this.

SW- 195 (owie!!)
    CW- 185
    Mini Goal- 180 before July 4 (That's when I'm out of obese range.)
    Main Goal- 120-130 Whichever I'm more comfortable with.

Can anyone tell me how to get my ticker to post in my siggy? Thanks!!
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I really just got going with my workouts and calories in June so I would love to join this group.

Starting weight: 147
    Current weight: 147
    Goal weight: 115-120
    Other goal: lose fat but gain significant muscle. Eat healthier!!!:bigsmile:

I am the mother of 4 boys (18,12,6, and 3) I currently work in an office at a desk job.
    I try to lift 3x a week and just started the couch to 5k program!

Good Luck everyone!!!!
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too, I started about 2 weeks ago too
    start weight was 156
    current weight 151.5
    goal 139
    mini goal 30 day shred (I'm on day 5 right now)

I'm a mom of 2 getting married to bf of 7 years in a month.
    I'm in NEW BRUNSWICK :) I'm so happy to see another couple of people familar with NB. I'm in saint john (an hour from fredericton and an hour from st andrews :))
  • dlhenry511
    Options
    HI ALL! I'm Stefani,
    I officially started June 1rst.
    I have a fiance (he just proposed last month) of 2 1/2 years (we new eachother much longer though) and a 15 month old daughter.

After he proposed me and a couple girlfriends decided to check out some wedding dresses. Well I'm in a 16 ish pants and the woman at the counter says: "We don't have anything here that will fit you." OUCH! It still stings! LOL That's just one more reason I decided to do this.

SW- 195 (owie!!)
    CW- 185
    Mini Goal- 180 before July 4 (That's when I'm out of obese range.)
    Main Goal- 120-130 Whichever I'm more comfortable with
    Can anyone tell me how to get my ticker to post in my siggy? Thanks!!

Welcome and congrats on your engagement.
    To create a ticker go to tools tab and set it up. It will then give you a code to copy
    Once you do that go to settings ( under your my home tab) and click on forum signature.
    Then just paste and it should work.
    Good luck!
  • schlieffen
    schlieffen Posts: 269
    Options
    I'd like to join too, I started about 2 weeks ago too
    start weight was 156
    current weight 151.5
    goal 139
    mini goal 30 day shred (I'm on day 5 right now)

I'm a mom of 2 getting married to bf of 7 years in a month.
    I'm in NEW BRUNSWICK :) I'm so happy to see another couple of people familar with NB. I'm in saint john (an hour from fredericton and an hour from st andrews :))

Welcome fellow NBer! :happy:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Ok, June Starters....
    Got this in my email this morning and thought it was fabulous!!!
    Its from Jillian Michaels:

Do You Have the Right Attitude?
    Do you have what it takes to reach your weight-loss goals? If you think it's all about diet and exercise, you're wrong.
    It sounds crazy, I know. Exercise and a proper diet are crucial to all weight-loss and fitness programs. But to reach any long-term goal — especially one that requires a major lifestyle change — you need to improve your attitude too. You can have all the external support in the world, but if your self-esteem is in the toilet, you'll never have long-term success.

Having the right attitude is so important because thought is behavior. The power of the mind is total — the way you think about yourself manifests as your reality. We all know how easily negative thoughts can lead to lack of confidence, hopelessness, and depression. You've heard about self-fulfilling prophecy, right? Well, if you tell yourself that you'll always be fat or you'll never find happiness, chances are you'll end up fat and unhappy. Hey, it makes sense.

Okay then, let's turn that scenario around. Tell yourself that you can get fit and you will be happy. It's that simple. You can master your own fate with positive thinking!

Believe it!!!!! You CAN Acheive it!!!! :happy: :smile: :smile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    My name is Courtney and I am a June starter too! I'm glad we have our own group! :)

SW: 191
    CW: 184.5
    GW: 150

Currently shooting for 60 mins cardio/6x week, with weight training for 15-30 mins a few times a week.

I don't really have a time frame, not really sure what is realistic. I guess just when I get there, I get there! Hopefully before I come back to school in the end of August I can lose a lot more so people will see a big difference! Wahoo June starters!!!
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Options
    I'm also recommitting! I only started about a week ago, and so far so good! *crosses fingers*

SW: 224 (my heaviest about January)
    CW: 205
    Mini goal 1: 199 by July 13 (vacation)
    Mini goal 2: 189 by September 24, my birthday
    Overall goal as long as I don't start looking sick: 173

I've never actually been skinny and I'm worried I may look funny, plus I like some of my curves and don't want to lose them completely (I think my boyfriend might be upset with me as well :tongue: ) so my overall goal may change depending on how i'm feeling.

Good luck everyone!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    dlhenry511, you rock! Thanks! I'm still getting used to this site. :flowerforyou:
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I am new to the site... just recommited to my weight loss about 4 days ago. I just moved from CA to MA (whoa 3000 long miles) for a fresh start on life.

I would love to join June starters!

SW: 290 (Jan 2008)
    Current wight: 248
    Mini Goal: 238 July 24th
    Overall goal: 150 :heart: