JUNE STARTERS

Options

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Again...welcome ladies!!! :happy:

jeanns:
    All of our threads will be titled JUNE STARTERS for now..... When looking for activity in our group...just look for the newest thread (:
    That is all I know so far with MFP....
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Hello Fellow June Starters!! Thanks for starting this group Kandyjo :smile:

i just joined MFP 2 weeks ago and so far really liking it...well, here are my stats so far *eeks*

Start weight: 182.5
    Current weight: 180.5
    Weight Goal: 140
    Mini Goal: to weight between 150-160 lbs before my b-day (Sept 4)!!!!

i live in toronto, ontario, canada...am recently engaged to my best friend/soulmate, hoping to set a wedding date soon :heart: :smile:

Thanks for joining, mel_renee!! :happy:
    I'm so glad you are all here!!! Lets really get moving and shaking and make those amazing success stories!! :smile:
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    I started my new way of life on June 14th. I've been starving myself so long, I am having to bite the bullet and get my calories back up before I can start losing. I'm a mom of 3, son 21, daughter 13 and daughter 3. I work two jobs (55-60hrs) a week, but I am forcing myself to make time to exercise. I also quit smoking on May 22, after 34 years of smoking.

SW - 172
    CW-172
    WG-135

Mini-goal - to start losing actual pounds by July 1.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hi June Starters! I'm Vet.

Started the Healthy Journey on May 29 by outing my last cigarette :smokin: & began P90X on May 30! (It's a killer terrific program!) Anyway, here I am & I ain't taking no for an answer!:mad: :angry:

Starting weight...do I really have to tell everybody??
    um...okay :sad:
    199lb (how do we make this font tiny?)

Current weight :194 (last weeks weigh in) :ohwell:
    Weight Goal 130 :bigsmile:

Mini Goal #1: 185 by July 15
    Mini Goal #2: 175 by Aug 15
    Mini Goal #3: 165 by Sept 7 (birthday!!)

I am a new mom to a wonderful 3 yr old! New mom because we are adopting her. Still in the process. We got her a little over a year ago.

I'm married to the most wonderful guy! My love, my heart. He thinks I'm hot regardless of my weight, but wants me to be happy for me.

And, I'm soooo happy to be here & to be part of this lovely, lovely group!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: 3 cheers to all of US!
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    So I do have a question: I've seen a lot of different groups on these threads...how do we find them again, or do we just have to keep checking. Sorry :blushing: I'm not that computer savvy

So, if you look at the top of the page, you'll see "My Topics", click on that & you will be taken to a page that has the last 25 topics that you've posted in. This one should be in there. That way you don't get "lost".

HTH:flowerforyou:
    Vet
  • dunhammj
    dunhammj Posts: 16
    Options
    I am Matt and I just graduated. I overheard someone at the gym talking about this site so I joined. I have a long way to go but I am losing fast already.

Starting Weight (2.5 weeks ago): 262
    Current Weight: 250
    Mini Goal (Aug 1st): 230
    End Goal: 200 (or less)

Time to Shrink!!!
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    I started around beginning of June.
    Begin weight: 180
    Current weight: 173 in between size 16-14
    Target weight: 130lbs or size 10 petite by the end of the year.

Mini goal 1: 170 by July 1st (only 3 more lbs to go :bigsmile: )
    Mini goal 2: 160 by aug 5th (my bday) or size 14P.
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Hey guys!!! Yay to June Starters!!! I live in Alberta, Canada. I just went shopping today and :grumble: wow was that rough... oh well, it won't be as tough when I reach my goal weight!

Starting weight: 142
    Current weight: 140
    Goal weight: 110
    My Mini goal: to start feeling healthy and strong by mid-July at the latest.

I'm so glad we have a group going.
    Meags

PS- my profile pic is also old... its where I'd like to be back to :wink:
  • jenaranda
    jenaranda Posts: 32
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I'm Jen

I am from San Antonio, I am married to by best friend and we have an amazing little 5 year old. I work full time (I love my job) and I am going to school part time.

I started at about 2 weeks ago, I really like this site and all of the awesome people I am meeting.

Start weight 182 (weighed in on 5/25)
    Current weight ? will be weighed at work on Monday but hope to be down at least 3lbs
    Goal weight 150 by my birthday (12/25)

mini goal 1--175 by my cousins wedding 7/18
    mini goal 2--size 12 by August
  • babydraco269
    Options
    Hi, i just started today, so my starting weight and current weight are both 189, and I'm very short, so doctors say my weight should be about 100 lbs but i'll be more than happy with 115. my mini goal is to be out of the plus sized section when i shop for a halloween costume this year.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I don't think my post showed up earlier :(
    sw 152
    cw 149
    gw 125:smile:
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm Betty B - 33 yrs old - SAHM and I work part time (freelancer) from home. I had two babies in less than two years, and it did a number on my figure!

Height: 5'8"
    BMI: 25.2
    Start weight: 165
    First Weight Goal: 148
    Goal Date: September 1st
    Ultimate Goal: 138
    Goal Date: December 31st

I took my pic on Monday when I started, and hope to take a pic every Monday that I weigh in. I am doing the Shred challenge, and I feel like I already see a difference!

Good luck to everyone!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • karend73
    karend73 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi-I started this Monday June 15th. I have two kids, ages 5 and 2 and a wonderful husband. I live in IL and would love to join your group!

Starting Weight 207
    Today 203
    by July 15th 195
    by August 15th 182

Goal 140

Karen:happy:
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im Leah, I started on the 1st of june so I just scrape in:laugh: to starting in june and I would love to jion the group.

Starting weight 103.7kg (228.1pounds)
    Current Weight 98.9kg (217.6pounds)
    by spring 1st sept(in oz) < 90kg (<200 pounds)
    eventually 65 -67kg (about145 pounds)

Im australian, living in queensland with 3 children and a husband that works away a lot. I am sooooo sick of not having my own life and only being an extention of everyone elses life that I am on a mission to find Leah and get a life!
  • Sparklene
    Sparklene Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I found this site and joined May 31, a Sunday, so technically I really started on Monday, June 1. Hope that qualifies me.

I'm 58, am "suffering" through empty nest syndrome as the last of my two kids graduated college and moved away. I'm also not working at the moment, so losing weight is my new focus and "job." Although I guess I shouldn't consider exercising a job--it's actually gotten to be kind of fun and something I look forward to. Who'd have thought it?

Starting weight 157
    Current weight 155
    Goal weight 145
    Mini goal 149 which would put me in the normal BMI range

I actually stepped up my going to Curves and trying to exercise even more last Labor Day when I weighed 170, so I got down to 157 from then til June 1. Following MFP will hopefully spur me on.
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    My name's DeAnna. :)

I technically started my diet on Jan 1st for New Years but lost track in March.

My original starting weight was 208, lost about 18 pounds.

I've been at 190 until last week, when I started again and found this site.
    So my starting weight: 190
    Current Weight: 187.5
    Goal Weight: 165
  • ericawebb11
    Options
    starting weight: 286
    just started today =]
    my goal is to be 160 lbs but i'm taking it slow so i can keep it off
    my mini goal hmmm lose 6 lbs by july 19th (my bf's birthday)..

I'm 21 currently living in richmond, virginia w my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years... we have 2 dogs (labs) and 2 cats who are our kids for now. I look forward to talking with all of you and if any of you need any help or anything please feel free to contact me and i'll do what i can. :flowerforyou:

All right!! There's my girl!!! So glad you joined us!!!!

haha yupp here I am =] :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hi June starters,

I have several goals that I think MFP can help with, not the least of which is to shed the weight...

SW: 187.8
    CW: 181 (today is my 2 week mark, so that is down 1.8 from last Friday)
    GW: 135

mini goal would be to be in the 160's by August 15. I would like to be in the 150's by the middle of September.

My other goals are to workout at least 5 days a week, start a clean living diet (for the most part), and fit back into my wedding dress by our next anniversary in February.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I am Matt and I just graduated. I overheard someone at the gym talking about this site so I joined. I have a long way to go but I am losing fast already.

Starting Weight (2.5 weeks ago): 262
    Current Weight: 250
    Mini Goal (Aug 1st): 230
    End Goal: 200 (or less)

Time to Shrink!!!

Welcome Matt!!! I congratulations!!! You're our first DUDE!! (:
  • dlhenry511
    dlhenry511 Posts: 64
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So glad we have a big group here! I wanted to report that I have lost another 2 lbs and coulnd tbe more excited! Just wanted to share the good news! Also, I am going to a BBQ tomorrow. Anyone have any good healthy ideas for salads or side dishes? Happy Friday!