JUNE STARTERS

Options

Replies

• sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome everybody!!

Any suggestions on this topic: I went for a brisk walk for 30 minutes late yesterday evening and I had stomach cramps all night afterwards. I did do a cool down walk for a 1/2 block before going in. I took a shower and went to bed around 30 minutes after walking. Does anybody know what caused this or what do I need to do to calm the cramps. (It felt like menstrual, but it is not even close to that time of the month). :cry:
    Note: I just started walking laps again this week. I never felt anything like this before.
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Dehydration?? Did you drink enough water all day??
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    My name is Courtney and I am a June starter too! I'm glad we have our own group! :)

SW: 191
    CW: 184.5
    GW: 150

Currently shooting for 60 mins cardio/6x week, with weight training for 15-30 mins a few times a week.

I don't really have a time frame, not really sure what is realistic. I guess just when I get there, I get there! Hopefully before I come back to school in the end of August I can lose a lot more so people will see a big difference! Wahoo June starters!!!

YAY!!! My girl Courtney_Love!!!! So, glad you joined!!!!
  • kandyjo
    Options

I drink TONS of water, so my answer would be yes :smile: Water is crucial though....everybody...DRINK YOUR WATER!!!! :happy: :heart:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Welcome everybody!!

Any suggestions on this topic: I went for a brisk walk for 30 minutes late yesterday evening and I had stomach cramps all night afterwards. I did do a cool down walk for a 1/2 block before going in. I took a shower and went to bed around 30 minutes after walking. Does anybody know what caused this or what do I need to do to calm the cramps. (It felt like menstrual, but it is not even close to that time of the month). :cry:
    Note: I just started walking laps again this week. I never felt anything like this before.

I had a "tummy ache" after a hard workout the other day.....it was because I drank too much water before and during my workout..... Don't do that people...its unpleasant

Um....I'm not sure...maybe you are just getting back to doing this laps and your body was rebelling....I'm not sure :smile: Maybe someone else will have something....
  • sassycat
    Options

I had a total of 10 bottles of water and 1 powerade (calorie free)--throughout the day. ( I had quite a bit of water that afternoon watching my little girl play t-ball). It was 105 degrees (counting heat index)--very, very humid. When I started walking it dropped down in the lower 80's + heat index. Do you think I just got overheated? The temperature is suppose to be like that today too, so I think when I walk, I will drop the speed a notch. Maybe I will be able to sleep tonight. I am really exhausted---I am fighting sleep here at work.:yawn:
  • sassycat
    Options
    Thanks ladies (KandyJo & Meags23) for your responses. I believe your right about my body rebelling. I am a little sore from walking and doing some strength exercises. I guess I will need to find the right pace for me until my body gets use to it.
  • kandyjo
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I thought you were throwing that out there for the group! :laugh: Sorry :smile: Didn't know it was a response to the other post....

:blushing:
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options

I had a total of 10 bottles of water and 1 powerade (calorie free)--throughout the day. ( I had quite a bit of water that afternoon watching my little girl play t-ball). It was 105 degrees (counting heat index)--very, very humid. When I started walking it dropped down in the lower 80's + heat index. Do you think I just got overheated? The temperature is suppose to be like that today too, so I think when I walk, I will drop the speed a notch. Maybe I will be able to sleep tonight. I am really exhausted---I am fighting sleep here at work.:yawn:

Geez - you may have thrown off your electrolites!!! 10 bottles of water - as in 5 litres??? The old adage, "8 cups a day" would be 4 water bottles, and it seems that the buzz these days is that people are drinking too much water. Just putting this out there!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Welcome everybody!!

I had a stomach cramp yesterday during my walk... I think it was a combo of not enough water and no dinner. I was backwards, I normally eat dinner and wait about an hour then go for my walk but yesterday I went for my walk and then ate dinner. Never had a cramp before.

Oh and can I skip mondays weigh in? Its my TOM and the scale hates me. LOL:laugh:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Welcome everybody!!

I had a stomach cramp yesterday during my walk... I think it was a combo of not enough water and no dinner. I was backwards, I normally eat dinner and wait about an hour then go for my walk but yesterday I went for my walk and then ate dinner. Never had a cramp before.

Oh and can I skip mondays weigh in? Its my TOM and the scale hates me. LOL:laugh:

totally understand that!!! Yeah, skip it:happy: But defnitely jump on with some words of encouragement if you can :smile:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO! :happy:

I've been holding the 210 steady, but I just can't seem to make it drop some... stupid water weight :laugh: :laugh: Even busted my butt yesterday and walked 3-1/4 miles and it still won't budge at all:angry: ... so hopefully mid next week I'll have a decent loss, and I'll post that as my late monday weigh-in. haha
  • sassycat
    Options

Geez - you may have thrown off your electrolites!!! 10 bottles of water - as in 5 litres??? The old adage, "8 cups a day" would be 4 water bottles, and it seems that the buzz these days is that people are drinking too much water. Just putting this out there!
    :flowerforyou:

My bad - poor calculation:blushing: I had 4 water bottles at work and before the T-ball game was over--I ended up drinking another 2 bottles + the powerade. Can you drink too much water?
  • nazykatz
    nazykatz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Renee... and I'm a June starter!
    I am a high school teacher. Since I'm off for summer vacation, it has been much easier to get myself into the gym consistently. But the scale isn't budging... so I know my diet needs some "tweaking"! :wink:

SW: 151 lbs.
    CW: 150 lbs. (even after a 4 day, all-u-can-eat cruise. Not bad!)
    mini- goal weight: 140 lbs. by Aug. 12, (when school starts up again. I want someone to ask, "Are you losing weight?" after not seeing me all summer.)
    GW: 135 lbs. (yes, I have a particular pair of jeans waiting in my closet for this day! :bigsmile: )

Good luck to everyone!
  • emma_a1uk
    emma_a1uk Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi...
    I don't start until tomorrow (have been on diets in the past, but restarting for the first time this year).

I am 30 years old and live in Kent, England with my bf of 2 1/2 years.
    I have been a UK14 for 12 years now and have not been able to get below 154lb on any of my previous attempts. :(

Start Weight:- 170lb
    Current Weight:- 170lb
    Target Weight:- 140lb

Mini goals...
    159lb by July 31st (my birthday)
    153lb...anytime...just to be below 154lb for the first time in 12 years would be fantastic!
  • Rica03
    Rica03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say Have A Good Weekend All!
    I'm not usually on the computer during the weekends, and weekends are the hardest time for me!
    I plan to stay maragarita free for another week! Wish me luck.:tongue:
    See you on Monday!
    Erica
  • dlhenry511
    dlhenry511 Posts: 64
    Options
    I just wanted to say Have A Good Weekend All!
    I'm not usually on the computer during the weekends, and weekends are the hardest time for me!
    I plan to stay maragarita free for another week! Wish me luck.:tongue:
    See you on Monday!
    Erica

Have a good weekend Erica. I too am off the computers on the weekend so stay strong and we will check in on Monday. Dont forget we'll do a "weigh-in" on Monday so it is good motivation to stay on track over the weekend! :happy:
  • jngibson
    jngibson Posts: 11
    Options
    What an AWESOME IDEA!
    I'm Jillian & I started June 1st!

SW: 292
    CW: 283
    GW: 180
    Mini Goal: 270's by July 1st & 260's by July 29 when i leave for vacation!

I'm 22 work full time, go to school part time(this semester anyways)...:)
  • loulou82
    loulou82 Posts: 1
    Options
    What a great group! I started exercising last week and I've gotten my diet in check this week.

SW: 156.4
    CW: 155.6
    GW: 135

Mini Goal: I would like to be 145 by September (Birthday). I'm getting married in October 2010 and definitely want to be in maintenance mode way before then.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    It's my TOM and I held steady on the pounds for the entire time....then as it is going away, the pounds are too! YAY! Now if I can just kick this cold so I can get back to the gym...Boo!