JUNE STARTERS

Options

Replies

• Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Yes you can definitely drink too much water! Does anyone remember that lady in California that entered a contest for a radio show, to see who could drink the most water, and then she tragically died because of it!!?? That was crazy.
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Options
    Yes you can definitely drink too much water! Does anyone remember that lady in California that entered a contest for a radio show, to see who could drink the most water, and then she tragically died because of it!!?? That was crazy.

Sorry, I was talking about a post earlier when someone asked if you could drink too much water, but it didn't quote. I'm not just randomly throwing that out there. haha.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    It's my TOM and I held steady on the pounds for the entire time....then as it is going away, the pounds are too! YAY! Now if I can just kick this cold so I can get back to the gym...Boo!

Oh I hope I'm the same way...lol. I had been holding steady... got on the scale today to see a pound up. Why did I get on the scale? Now I'm all flustered. I even busted my butt walking 3.2 miles yesterday and I gained a pound. It better come back off next week when my TOM goes away. :laugh: *fingers crossed*
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to Monday's weigh in, but I am a little concerned that I have a social engagement this weekend that means more calories. I will behave as much as possible. I am going to try and fit in 2 workouts tomorrow, but it is hard, sometimes my kids don't cooperate with what I think I would like to do! We will just have to wait and see what Monday brings I guess.

Go June Starters!!
  • kat05317
    kat05317 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good luck over the weekend everyone!!
    :bigsmile:
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    We're going to take my dad out to dim sum on sunday.
    I'm worry that I'm going to go over my calorie limit. Here is my plan.. get up early on sunday, go work out then go straight to the restaurant from the health club so I can have dim sum as my post meal.
    If I work out hard. I won't eat much b/c I remember how hard I work out just to burn 500 cal.
    Drink lots of water that day to flush out the sodium.
    Monday does 2 hours of workout
  • nazykatz
    nazykatz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I read an article in "Women's Health" yesterday (while I was on the elliptical machine, yeah!), that suggested trying to eat 30-50% of your calories in the morning. It claims this will help increase your metabolism. So I'm going to give it a try today!
    We'll see how it effects my workout (I worry it will make me sluggish). And we'll see how HUNGRY I feel later on in the afternoon.

I've also noticed something interesting while filling out my food diary... my food choices are making it difficult for me to meet my 1200 calories without exceeding the Fat and Protein limits. That explains a lot! All of these years, I've been convinced that I was eating light, and limiting my calories... but I've probably always been high in Fat grams! It explains a lot about my lack of progress. (And my stubborn problem areas like tummy, thighs and arms)

Anyway... I'm feeling motivated and strong today! I'm looking forward to my menu and my workout. And emotionally... I'm feeling more in control! :happy:
    It really helps me to hear others' success stories... so keep 'em coming!
    ~*Renee*~
  • ShesaRenegade
    Options
    I am starting tomorrow morning. I joined this site several months ago and have been on a rollercoaster with exercise and eating properly. I am 42 days away from my cruise to Alaska. In order to NOT pay 1.5 times the helicopter rate to go dog sledding ($450 vs. $625 :noway: ) I need to be under 250 pounds by August 5th.

Start Weight: 263 :grumble:
    Goal Weight: 150
    Mini Goal: 235 by August 5th (because the helicopter weight limit includes clothes, boots, etc)

Wish me luck!
    Rene
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You can do it Rene!:wink:

Make sure you use the site to its full advantage, log loog and exercise and read the forums for motivation, inspiration and education!
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    I wanted to feel bad for eating vietnamese sandwich and 1 sugar cookie today (On my diet,I don't eat starch after lunch).
    But No, I am not. I worked hard to lose weight last week and the food was delicious so it's okto break my diet.
  • chuseman
    chuseman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Courtney I started about 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Start: 190
    Current: 188
    Goal: 140
  • evanslawn
    evanslawn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in - started again yesterday.
    Starting weight: 206.5
    Current weight: 206
    Goal weight: 151.5 (55 lbs by Feb. 2010)
    Mini goal: 190 by September 1
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I read an article in "Women's Health" yesterday (while I was on the elliptical machine, yeah!), that suggested trying to eat 30-50% of your calories in the morning. It claims this will help increase your metabolism. So I'm going to give it a try today!
    We'll see how it effects my workout (I worry it will make me sluggish). And we'll see how HUNGRY I feel later on in the afternoon.

I've also noticed something interesting while filling out my food diary... my food choices are making it difficult for me to meet my 1200 calories without exceeding the Fat and Protein limits. That explains a lot! All of these years, I've been convinced that I was eating light, and limiting my calories... but I've probably always been high in Fat grams! It explains a lot about my lack of progress. (And my stubborn problem areas like tummy, thighs and arms)

Anyway... I'm feeling motivated and strong today! I'm looking forward to my menu and my workout. And emotionally... I'm feeling more in control! :happy:
    It really helps me to hear others' success stories... so keep 'em coming!
    ~*Renee*~

Awesome info!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to see how many JUNE STARTERS we have!!!
    Welcome Ladies!!!!

Don't forget....MONDAY WEIGH-IN!!! This Monday, look for the post JUNE STARTERS WEIGH-IN
    We will post our start weight, our current weight (with how many pounds we lost last week, if any) Those who are measuring, feel free to post those lost inches!! :happy:
    If you have met any goals, be sure to brag!!! We would love to congratulate you and be encouraged...
    See ya Monday! :heart:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm new and loving this site. I really need as much support as I can get so this will be a great encouragement. I'm a mom to 4 and very busy but I'm learning to make time to exercise. Good Luck everyone.

SW: 157
    CW: 154
    GW: 135
    mini goal: 145
  • csanchez39
    csanchez39 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you started this thread!

I joined MFP on April 11, 2009 and have been commited up to 2 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I traveled on business and just didnt have the energy to stay on track. Luckily I didnt gain any weight but I only lost 1lb. I am ready to recommit today and get focused.

SW 183 lbs
    CW 169 lbs

1st Mini goal July 2nd: loose 5lbs; 164lbs
    2nd Mini goal August 2nd: 155lbs
  • HEK81
    HEK81 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight 211.6
    Current Weight 200.2
    Mini Goal 199... Haven't seen the 1's in a while
    Second Mini Goal Weight 180... Husband promised a new outfit
    Wedding in August
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,:flowerforyou:

I also would like to join your group!
    I am restarting tomorrow and will look forward to getting to know you all!

I am a retired clinical social worker and loving every minute of it!
    My youngest son is getting married in 3 weeks in Mexico! My goal is to lose5 pounds before the wedding!:smile:
  • WillyG
    WillyG Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi,

Start Weight: 235
    Start Date: June 22
    Weight Lost: 0 (I just started today)
    Goal: 150 lbs
    Mini Goal: 200 by end of August.

234037.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • csanchez39
    csanchez39 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I lost 1lb this week....:bigsmile:

SW 183 lbs
    CW 168 lbs

1st Mini goal July 2nd: loose 5lbs; 164lbs (4 more lbs to reach 1st mini goal)
    2nd Mini goal August 2nd: 155lbs