Honest body opinions (add your own pic too)

Options

Replies

• almostatgoalweight
    almostatgoalweight Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    As a health care provider I have to assess people for adequate nutrition and obesity. Baseline for women is 100 lbs for the first 5 ft. of height, then 5 lbs for every inch of height past that. That means for a woman at 5'8", she should weigh a minimum of 140 lbs. This says nothing about body composition, though. A 5'8" woman with a body fat of 25% will look different than a woman with a body fat of 18% and still both will have an appropriate weight/height ratio. So, weighing 110lbs at 5'8" is underweight and could be a health detriment, even if you like the way it looks. I know for myself that at 5'2" I will never weigh 110lbs and remain as muscular as I am now. I'll keep the muscle and gladly weigh more, but hopefully keep the body fat % at less than 28%. Some people might think that looks fat, but with the muscle underneath, I would still look good and have a lower risk of all ailments that are associated with obesity or anorexia.

I'm not sure if that formula is correct - I'm a guy with a goal weight of 145lb, and I'm 6ft 0in. No one at that weight said that I was underweight.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    i think u lood good and i don't think u need to lose any more weight. i would post a pic on here but i haven't figured it out. but my profile pic is my most recent, so i guess u can go by that. go to my profile, one in black shirt was me at 210, the black and white is at about 202, i'm currently at 199. so take ur judgements lol and hand em out. :)
  • SVMR17
    SVMR17 Posts: 33
    Options
    Lennox497: Smokin' H O T !!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Stunning just gorgeous
    I hope people are still checking this thread! I want some opinions too!

sxB2J.jpg

I want her bra :love:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Yeah but you have a sexy body now :wink: so love it and keep working! :flowerforyou:

Mwuah xD, thank you. I'm feeling pretty insecure about it today, though, as I just feel fat and bloated. Today was weigh in and I haven't lost anything. In fact, the scale is showing a .5 gain :sad:

I know that feeling! Today was weigh in but I didn't lose any :grumble: bit of a gain too, and I end up eating a lot for dinner :noway: .... I think I'm going to post next week (when I post for the May bikini challenge) but I don't feel ready to. I DO have pictures from January 2 though :laugh: I'm only 5 lbs lighter now :frown:

It's annoying, isn't it? :( and this week, I haven't done too well. I was over my weekly goal. Hopefully, next week I'll lose.

I can't wait to see your pics :flowerforyou:
  • viser_haut
    viser_haut Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Stunning just gorgeous
    I hope people are still checking this thread! I want some opinions too!

sxB2J.jpg

I want her bra :love:

Me too! :tongue:
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    Hey all - I appreciate this thread. I don't think it's fishing for compliments at all - even if it is, who cares? Who feels good about their bodies all the time? I'm sure not many of us. Anyway - here's mine. I'm 5'10" and about 155 lbs or so. I lift heavy, but I've stalled at the moment and haven't felt like I'm improving much. This pic is from March. I think I need stomach help and a little inner thigh work, but I'd be interested to hear what you have to say.

bikini.jpg

This is kind of delayed so I don't know if you'll see it but you look amazing! I can tell that you do strength training, you look really toned. Your legs are super tiny and I'm jealous but you're probably right that a little inner thigh work would be good. And I don't mean that in a bad way at all! As I said, I'm jealous and they're tiny, but I just think that since the rest of your body is so toned and you can see the muscle you'd look more complete (can't think of the word I'm looking for) if your legs has similar tone to them. Although it could just be the picture that makes them look less toned? But you look great! Keep it up :)
  • CTK3989
    CTK3989 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    All opinions welcome. I really want to tighten up my stomach. My stomach is flat, but it still has a lot of extra fat.

349cp3q.jpg
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    To the Op you look very thin, i would say don't lose anymore, just hit the weights for a little tone and lean muscle mass.
  • Alexandria_JB
    Options
    Hey everyone-- no clue how to post pics on here, so I am just going to link you all to my pic via Tumblr. It's a "before-after" but in reverse -- before I gained weight and after I gained weight. :)

http://forms-of-triumph.tumblr.com/about
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    HOT!!! Seriously, perfection
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Alright time to see where I fit on this one. Like another user earlier in this thread I just started a bulk cycle. So there will be some fat gain over the next few weeks.

IMAG0208.jpg
    IMAG0219.jpg

PERFECTION. :)
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    agreed ill be the first to admit i did look sickly didnt realize it at the time but i do now && i was terrified on gaining weight at first . but when you do it the right way say muscle wise like the girl who went from 130 ish - 140 ish you dont look bulky or big even with gaining the last 8 pounds my pants and clothes are still the same size!! cardio only helps to promote skinny fat & takes away from muscle you have (case & point with me i never had a flat stomach or anything toned up like i do now when i was running over an hour everyday) now its 3 days of hour long weights a 25 min run one day 2 mile warm up one day 1.5 mile jog one day && then maybe half hour cycling another just for maintenance :D & im so much happier!

Awesome job!! You look great!
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    <<<What do ya think~I'm not very tech savvy :blushing: so I don't know how to post a bigger picture.

Thank you for your honesty!!!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i personally dont see the jiggle you're talking about , && i dont know your height so idk if 110 would be too low. id say maybe focus more on toning exercises over losing weight. ive actually had to gain weight, but my inches went down & this is the flattest my stomach as been ever even when i started at 99.

heres me now. : at about 112 want to stay here

Snapshot_20120423_14-1.jpg

i was this: 99 and when i started i found this one to be attractive sadly.
    Image537.jpg

Every time I see you post I am blown away at the progress you have made. You look through and through happy with yourself and your body and that's very great to see.

P.S. I still find it different hearing about people wanting to GAIN weight ! lol I almost want to 'grumble, grumble' but I shut myself up and realize that there is another side to being OVERweight- underweight. Which is just as unhealthy. We are all on the same path we just use different forks in the road to end up in Healthyville.
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow you are all looking great!

this is the most recent pics of me...dont want to post any bikini pics yet! :/
    418299_10151219217895408_826205407_22307432_455890363_n-1.jpg?t=1328133097
  • sarahlinson
    Options
    i personally dont see the jiggle you're talking about , && i dont know your height so idk if 110 would be too low. id say maybe focus more on toning exercises over losing weight. ive actually had to gain weight, but my inches went down & this is the flattest my stomach as been ever even when i started at 99.

Image537.jpg

Wow, you look great! So much better than you did at 99.
  • marcoscu
    marcoscu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Look, you look sensational. You don't need to lose any more. Just exercise and diet to maintain your current figure. Eat more if you keep on losing weight.
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options

Image537.jpg

Wow, you look great! So much better than you did at 99.

Agreed you look lovely! :)
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    My profile picture is me at 136 pounds. My goal is 105.