He Called me Stupid..is it Emotional abuse?

Options

Replies

• Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You are making the right choice, please stick with it. no going back and forth.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    If you were my daughter, I'd have a shotgun up his @$$.
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    My bf loves to get into deep conversation about politics, religions,social events..etc...
    Whenever he does this , I try no to talk to much for he loves to just go on and on and on...
    Then he asked me some specific questions and I answered ,,he then of course disagreed..
    I disagreed again ..he then got defensive and call me stupid and said " That is the Stupiest thing I have ever heard " Last night he gave me a whole sermon bc the kitchen sink is clogged up..he said " Never ever in this house has anyone clogged up the kitchen sink drain ..it had to be .. you!" Made me feel like crap of course and told him not to be so mean about it . He makes comments about my weight and jokes on how I always like to think about food.

Last night as I laid down to sleep he looked at my belly and made a face of disgust. He had deleted me from his facebook account ..he then added me but has restricted ..I can't see his info or photos..

He tends to smack me for no reason, he says he is playing . Whenever I say something that he doesn't like , he "playfully" grabs me and " Playfully" slaps me on the face...although it's not hard ..it does hurt at times and I'm getting tired of him doing that . It's just so immature. the silly slaps on my face and my *** randomly uuggg..so tired. He then comments on when he was my age he had accomplished so much ..a profession, a good job, houses,cars ...etc... and while me I haven't done much. ...again makes me feel bad. There are times he will ridicule me in from of his daughters for either having said something wrong ..or for breaking something around the house..even if they were not there to see it ..he will tell them about the accident .
    AM I Being emotional abused ?
    sure feels like it ! I will be travelling far far away and will end the relationship once I'm away ..but I put this on here just so you guys can confirm that in fact I'm not crazy and this is abuse.
    I'm not use to being treated like this ..That's why I will leave him.
    He sounds like a total *kitten*. How can you even enjoy his company!? Not only is it emotional abuse, but verbal abuse. You already know the truth and don't need anybody here to validate your feelings. Move on girlfriend!
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options
    I've been in the same situation as you. I know it's not as easy as some people may think to just get up and leave. You'll find the strength one day to realize that you deserve so much more than what he is giving you. I pray that day comes soon for you!
  • ncqueenbee
    ncqueenbee Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, you know it is.

^this
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Your bf is a major douche bag and yes, he is a abuser. You should not hesitate to leave him NOW. Not after you move away. No one should put up with abusive behavior like that. He slaps you playfully when you've been bad?????? Cmon...if you have to ask you KNOW his behavior is WRONG. Dump him now and seek professional help. Sounds like you may have self esteem issues.
  • Margentine
    Margentine Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Again some says I'm stupid for staying with him..But I have said I'm leaving. It's not nice to hear someone call you stupid period.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are "stupid" for putting up with it

That's not very productive
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    Your bf is a major douche bag and yes, he is a abuser. You should not hesitate to leave him NOW. Not after you move away. No one should put up with abusive behavior like that. He slaps you playfully when you've been bad?????? Cmon...if you have to ask you KNOW his behavior is WRONG. Dump him now and seek professional help. Sounds like you may have self esteem issues.

^^^ I would like to clarify my statement. Although you may have some self esteem issues you need to sort out. HE is the one with MAJOR ISSUES. Dump him now.
  • Margentine
    Options

Since I have not been with someone like this , It's all new to me .
    I just knew something was wrong for a while I thought it was me ..but I realize that it's not .
    I'm glad I'm able to pick up on the behaviour and not be totally blinded by "love"
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, you know it is.

^this

I concur.

This guy is a ****. Leave him before it gets really bad, because it will never get better.
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    Again some says I'm stupid for staying with him..But I have said I'm leaving. It's not nice to hear someone call you stupid period.

Yea...you need to leave him like NOW.
  • Margentine
    Options
    Maybe you are "stupid" for putting up with it

That's not very productive

I agree
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are being emotionally and physically abused.
    This. Get out, now.
    And don't listen to the victim blamers in this thread, they're the stupid ones. :/
  • Margentine
    Options
    Hey wait im Canadian, is it me?-Ty

last thing I need right now it another man..lol
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The next time he playfully slaps you, playfully kick him in the balls.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Emotional abuse is a serious thing......I would either talk to him about it or leave him if he does not understand. Trust me emotional abuse is no fun...at all.

Oh and my dad told me this...."If you date someone who likes to "play fight" ALL THE TIME........Think twice before you get with him...."

Please make the best decision that is best for you....
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Run, don't walk...
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    RUN! Run far, far away!
  • emrys1976
    emrys1976 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It is abuse. Time to go.